Vodafone Retention Deals

Comments

• 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    My Mum is currently with Vodafone on a SIMO deal and I'm trying to get her to switch to another provider so she spoke to them via Live Chat Thursday morning.

Their "deal" was Unlimited U.K calls and texts and 8GB of data for £17/month on a year's minimum term.

We went to Leicester Thursday afternoon and walked past their store in the Highcross Shopping Centre... complete with chalkboard and "deal" advertised!

Maybe it's just me, and that loyalty counts for nothing but that isn't a way to retain customers, surely?!!
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • eshroom
    eshroom Posts: 136 Forumite
    eshroom wrote: »
    Just off the phone to retentions. Currently on £27 sim only 10gb Red deal discounted to £13.50.

Was told I could have 4gb non red deal for £14.40. Got my PAC code and off to greener pastures.

So I called back and spoke to someone else and they offered me £13.20 for 8GB Red deal including Spotify. I was told this was a 40% reduction. I'm happy with this as I never reached the 10 gigs I had before anyway.

They also offered me a second line at the same price. I called back today to take them up on the offer and they told me the last agent made a mistake and £13.20 was 40% off their 4gb deal with no Spotify, but they would honour his mistake for my renewal but not my new line. I think this is fair enough.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Thrupnybit wrote: »
    Well I am well miffed. Best retention deal the guy I spoke to today was £15 for 1GB of data and 1000 mins, SIM only, as on web. A few months ago my sister got that for £8 per month.
    There are better Vodafone deals available through other providers (eg Mobiles.co.uk) but I really need to hang on to my current number. Can I do that is I switch provider? And do I still need to get the PAC code? Vodafone has the best coverage for the areas I live and work in so no scope to change entirely.

Get a PAC and switch to a payg sim, I normally use giffgaff for convenience (it does cost £10 as you need to activate the sim), you then get a new PAC from giffgaff (it's an automated voice prompt system on giffgaff to get it) and transfer straight back to the new Vodafone sim.
    ====
  • rev_henry
    rev_henry Posts: 4,959 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Anyone had anything decent lately? My contract is up now and I'm going to go sim only. If I can get something with Spotify included it suddenly becomes much better value as I pay for that anyway. Otherwise I'll be off to another network I think.
    Also am I right in thinking that only Vodafone has inclusive roaming in Turkey? For me that's worth paying a little extra for.
  • karl1234
    karl1234 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Got 12 month sim only deal with 4gb data and unlimited calls and texts for £10.80 per month. Also gave me £15 credit. Very happy with it. I was on live chat insisting I wanted my pac code and they offered me that.
  • Jonesbo
    Jonesbo Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Was fully prepared to switch for first time in years given how competitive SIM Only deals are now compared to Vodafone.

Asked for PAC on livechat wasn't even bothered about retentions Etc., got switched to cancellations anyway. I said Virgin are doing 4GB for £9pm which is a great deal.

Various offers, but one I took was 7GB, 500m, Unlmtd texts @ £10.50pm, with 2 months free = £8.75pm

Pretty happy with that. Could beat it going with Three by about £1 if you factor in cashback. But don't want Three, would only have moved to an EE-based network.

Plusnet are doing 5GB for £10 on a 30 day roll which is very good too, but for now happy to stick with the devil I know for another 12m.
  • kyros
    kyros Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share the tariff that I negotiated with Vodafone for this forthcoming phone; I thought that others might use the info to gauge whether they're being offered a fair deal.

I'm getting the Galaxy Note 8 on the release day with free shipping and a free Samsung DAX connector. It comes with a 24 month contract with 32GB data, Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Texts, and 24 months of Spotify. They're charging me £49.50/month (reduced 25% from the regular price of £66/mos).

I'd love to know if anybody's negotiated an even better deal as I still have a few weeks to change my mind!
  • Hi Kyros thanks for that info, can I ask do you need to pay an upfront fee as well for that?

(Best deal I've seen is less monthly: £42 but much less data: 4GB and £100 upfront and no Spotify but unlimited texts and calls - this is also on Vodafone - on tech radar 'best Samsung Galaxy Note 8 deals' article)
  • kyros
    kyros Posts: 6 Forumite
    freetheweb wrote: »
    Hi Kyros thanks for that info, can I ask do you need to pay an upfront fee as well for that?

(Best deal I've seen is less monthly: £42 but much less data: 4GB and £100 upfront and no Spotify but unlimited texts and calls - this is also on Vodafone - on tech radar 'best Samsung Galaxy Note 8 deals' article)

Yes, sorry I forgot to mention that. I have to pay £50 upfront. Still, assuming I can net £70 for the DAX on eBay and deducting the £10/mos I'd normally be paying for Spotify, it works out to only £2.45/mos for the tariff. The rest covers the £869 cost of the phone.

This is how I calculated that:

£49.50/mos x 24 mos = £1188
    Upfront fee= £50
    Samsung Note 8 = -869
    Spotify x 24 mos = -240
    Dax Resale= -70

Total: £59

So that works out to £2.45/mos for 32GB data and unlimited minutes and texts. That's a lot better than any SIM only deal I could have gotten from buying the phone outright!
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 31 August 2017 at 6:31PM
    That's if you're happy to take out a mortage for the latest toy which will be out of date or broken in the next year or so - apart from committing yourtself to one of the worst networks around for the next two years. Bargain!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback