HSBC 1% cashback on debit card purchases

Options

Comments

• karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    KxMx wrote: »
    I'm a standard current account customer and had this offer late last year :)
    badger09 wrote: »
    I would qualify under those conditions. No such offer though.
    masonic wrote: »
    I'm an Advance customer who has never used his debit card, no offer here either.

Thanks. So a bit more investigation is required then. :think:
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am on Advance, never otherwise use the debit card and got sent the offer. We just use HSBC for the regular saver and stoozing the 0% credit card.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    karlie88 wrote: »
    Is this for Advance customers only? Who rarely/never use their debit card? I have got this promotion so have switched to using this card for a short while - also took part in the last promo when cashback was offered.

Other family members have the standard current account and have never received an offer like this.

This type of deal is usually made to customers who don't use their account (much).

As Advance customers have to deposit at least £1,750 a month in to their account I'd guess, on the whole, they use it regularly.

I have a standard HSBC account. The T&Cs say I should pay £500 a month in to it, but I don't. I've just noticed that HBSC is dropping that requirement from 14th September 2019. I don't think they enforced it anyway.
  • SnowTiger
    Options
    A few more cashbacks trickled through last night. I guess HSBC is processing them on a ad hoc basis.
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,116 Forumite
    Options
    I have advance, pay some direct debits from it, but apart from that simply cycle money through it to get the regular saver. My payments are beginning to work through as well. £216 spent in July and £2.10 paid.

I'm up to about £800 this month already, so I'm likely to make the £1000 limit before going on holiday in just over a week.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,210 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    This type of deal is usually made to customers who don't use their account (much).

As Advance customers have to deposit at least £1,750 a month in to their account I'd guess, on the whole, they use it regularly.

I have a standard HSBC account. The T&Cs say I should pay £500 a month in to it, but I don't. I've just noticed that HBSC is dropping that requirement from 14th September 2019. I don't think they enforced it anyway.

Methinks you guess wrongly - at least as far as most posters on this board are concerned;)
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Alexland wrote: »
    I am on Advance, never otherwise use the debit card and got sent the offer. We just use HSBC for the regular saver and stoozing the 0% credit card.

Only opened my Advance account for the Regular Saver, and punt £1750 per month through it into various other Regular Savers, never used the Debit Card apart from changing the PIN when I first received it, and I didn't receive the cashback offer. Sob.
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    Options
    I have not received any cashback for transactions dated 5th Aug onwards. Previous transactions have had their cashback paid.

When was the last time other people received their cashback please?

Terms state it will be paid within 14 days of the original transaction.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • myth123
    myth123 Posts: 386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I haven’t had any cashback on my August purchases. I got all my cashback from July paid on 05/08.

I’m expecting the August cashback to appear around 05/09 (even though that is after the 14 days they state).
  • SnowTiger
    Options
    The last cashback I received was dated 8th August.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure