Have I won a holiday or is it a scam?

Comments

• I have had the same telephone call, I haven't won their main prize, which strangely was to my favorite destination. I have won a secondary prize and have to ring 08000086115 with a alpha numeric code to claim it. The company who rang me is called CLC Hotels and Resorts, I Googled them and they are the founders of the 'organisation for timeshare in Europe'. Don't ring the number guys it's a scam!
  • Hi all,

I too have just had a call from a company who's name was said so fast I couldn't catch it - but yes I have won the 2nd prize in a competition. All I have to do is call 08000086115 and quote ref AEFB701 to claim my 2 weeks in Southern Spain with all flights, transfers, etc etc....

Perhaps we should all call their freephone number and talk to them for a while - stop them hassling us???

Paul
  • I too, just got a similar call.......it seems that to claim our holiday, we need to go to an 'appointment' about 40 miles away at the weekend. The woman said that we would need to go and choose our dates and destination. We suspected it was a timeshare scam, but has anyone managed to survive the presentation and actually got their free holiday? TBH, 7 nights including 4 return flights and accomodation for £29.50 booking fee per person sounds ok to me, if all I have to do is listen to someone doing the hard sell for a couple of hours (Yawn)
    I was told, by the initial caller, that I had 1/2 hr to claim my 'prize', so when the woman from Club la Costa (I think) said we had to decide on Saturday or Sunday at the 'appointment', and I said that it was too short notice, and we couldn't be expected to decide on when we wanted to take a holiday in just a few days, she said to ring back when we had decided when we wanted to go. :wall: :rotfl:
    So, back to my question...........has ANYONE had a holiday from these people??
  • mpython
    mpython Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    There's a few people who have said they've been & enjoyed a holiday with these type of people (search the "Vent" forum) but most of the 'senior' MSErs think they're company plants.

If you search elsewhere on the web you'll find that you have to endure another, longer presentation at the holiday destination & you might have to surrender your passport to get your accomodation keys.........just to make sure you do go to the presentation before you leave......
    From MSE Martin - Some General Tips On Holiday Home Organisations and Sales Meetings

DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THEM WITH A BARGEPOLE!
  • Tahiti
    Tahiti Posts: 446 Forumite
    I too have just taken a call from these people. I won't be making the call. The woman admitted to me that I'd be expected to go to a "talk" without having to call the number.
  • I just got the same call lucky me. I googled striaght away as nobody just give u a free holiday ! they wanted me to ring a 0800 number but now i've seen this i'll definatly not entertain it!!!
  • I got a call too (23/Jan/07 ~ 12:30), from a very busy call center (number witheld) & judging by the background noise. The person calling already had my name, address and e-mail details but was unable to e-mail the win code or anything else to me, apparently only "head office" had that facility. So I would have to call 0800 0086115 and quote my claim number.

Apparently I didn't win the 1st prize, but had won free flights to the costa somewhereanother for upt 4 persons, anytime in the next 18 months. The problem was, I didn't remember entering any competition with this as a 2nd prize.

By now, alarm bells were ringing in my head - "If something sounds too good to be true - it probably is", so I took the code offered (no point in being rude) and conveniently forgot to call back "immediately":rolleyes:
  • webitha
    webitha Posts: 4,799 Forumite
    i got my call today so i thought i would check here first
    exactly same as everyone else
    boohoo i could really do witha holiday as its been nearly 10 years since i had one
    ah well back to the comp board for me then
    If we can put a man on the moon...how come we cant put them all there?

• rogjen
    rogjen Posts: 282 Forumite
    :rolleyes: Dosent sound right to me
  • tomstickland
    tomstickland Posts: 19,538 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I once spent 45 minutes on the phone talking to a salesman after "winning" a holiday. I was curious to find out how this unlikely "free" holiday would work and where the catch was. It turned out that I had to pay for the flights, attend a time share presentation and a few other things. It wasn't a scam as such, but it wasn't what they said it was.
    Happy chappy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport