Tax Credit Briefing discussion

Options

Comments

• KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ikr2 wrote: »
    My employer deducts my contribution (about 7%) to the council's pension scheme before I get my "net" pay. This is not the employer's contribution - it is the employee's contribution to the pension.

Do I include this pension contribution in the income I report on my Child Tax Credit claim?
    Normally no, because in a company scheme the contribution is deducted from your pay before tax is calculated (i.e. you get tax relief on the contribution) and it's your taxable pay that counts for Tax Credits purposes.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • sam.ali
    Options
    can anyone tell me if i start claiming jobseekers allowance as i am searching for employment do i need to notify TCO? thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    sam.ali wrote: »
    can anyone tell me if i start claiming jobseekers allowance as i am searching for employment do i need to notify TCO? thanks

Yes you do.
  • wildthing01
    Options
    would anyone have any idea why my child tax credits were roughly halved this year, despite me having had a second child, and our family income not changing significantly? i am hopeless at maths etc, so can't work it out myself, and when i rang the tax credit people, the woman on the phone sounded as though she had less of a clue than me!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    would anyone have any idea why my child tax credits were roughly halved this year, despite me having had a second child, and our family income not changing significantly? i am hopeless at maths etc, so can't work it out myself, and when i rang the tax credit people, the woman on the phone sounded as though she had less of a clue than me!!!

Has your youngest child reached 1 year old?

You lose the baby element when the child reaches 1 year old.

The baby element is the same amount as the family element - approx £10 p/w each. So in the first year you would have around £20 p/w then reducing to £10 p/w after a year.
  • Braith
    Options
    Hi, me and my partner have just tried to claim tax credits. I am no longer working. They have said that we were earning too much from 2008-2009, but I probably will have earned too much in 2009-2010.

I am not working now though and won't be for a year, so will we be able to claim anything as I will not be earning this year, or will they base it on last year?

I am so confused!!! Help!!!
  • wkd_2
    wkd_2 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    :)Hi im a single parent who works and earns under 25k, as i have been struggling with my morgagerepayments recently i have now taken in a tenant to help with the costs at £70 a week, im wandering if this will affect my tax credits and if i have to declare it plz??? wuld be greatfull if you could help me...
  • LYNDS2904
    Options
    I posted my renewal form of 3 weeks agoa and havent heard anything back does anyone know how long it takes to get a reply because in the past its been only a few days thanks
  • LYNDS2904
    Options
    Hi could anyone tell how long it takes to get your forms back i hve posted my renewal 3 weeks ago and havent heard anything from them normally only takes a couple of days please help i am confused xx
  • georgebirney
    Options
    does anyone know how to speed up a tax credits appeal

i submitted one in April and i have been given a date in SEPTEMBER for it to be sorted out

to make things worse, my landlord is now chasing me for my rent that i can't afford to pay as a direct result of this

any info would be great

cheers,
    George
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills