£20 off your Christmas shop at Morrisons

Comments

• softuk
    softuk Posts: 60 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ged1980 wrote: »
    dont think so

but extra bonus when you spend £40 you get 5p a liter of fuel

Think you'll find that this promotion has finished.
  • softuk wrote: »
    Think you'll find that this promotion has finished.

Yes it has.The new deal is 10p off a litre when you spend £50 until the 16th November.
    He who smiles rather than rages is always
    the stronger
  • can you buy pressies to make up the £40? like cd's, dvd's, books etc??
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    jamesh316 wrote: »
    Bonus! Thanks for that. My misses spends around £100 a week at Morrisons, she says that she will get it put through in 2 lots of £50 for the next 4 weeks then we can both get £20.

It'll make a change to get something back from Morrisons as they rob us blind every week for the shopping, but what can do they are the only proper local supermarket.

#You will have to give 2 different addresses
  • spaceman5
    spaceman5 Posts: 2,716 Forumite
    can you buy pressies to make up the £40? like cd's, dvd's, books etc??

yes, HTH Dave
    Take every day as it comes!!
  • tesco had an offer in the news of the world last sunday- spend over £30 and get £5 off your bill. i have a feeling they will be competing with morrisons on this one as last time they did this they continued it for 4 weeks- so
    morrisons spend-£160+ recieve £20 off your next shop over £40

tesco spend- £120 + receive £20 instantly off your shop (over 4 weeks)

i know where i'll be going (if they repeat the offer):beer:

interestingly i bought the new indiana jones dvd @tesco this week - they had an offer spend over £30 get the dvd for £9

when i checked my bill the deduction hadn't come off- so straight to customer services where i pointed out that surely i had been overcharged and so should receive "double the difference"-£10 (the dvd full price being £14)
    she phoned a manager who said the policy couldn't be honoured as it wasn't an overcharge.
    ok. i accepted this and took my £5 (this was monday)
    yesterday i decided that i would give tesco customer services a ring- explained the situation- and duly agreed to send me a £5 giftcard. :beer::beer::beer:

indiana jones dvd duly cost me £4 !

now i think that's called a bobby dazzler!:beer::beer::beer:

well done tesco for honouring your policy!:beer::beer::money:
    don't get downhearted if you don't win today-you may win tomorrow :cool:
  • Katgoddess
    Katgoddess Posts: 1,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    This offer has made me smile. :D I thought I was doing quite badly on the food shopping spend. (I think the having a new baby excuse is wearing thin now at 6 months :o) But there is no way I could spend the £200 in Morrisons between now and Christmas that I would need to spend to get the free £20.

Maybe if I bulk brought things like nappies and toilet roll and got things like CDs and alcohol as presents. I'd have to have a think. I need some new kitchen equipment. But that's what they want you to do, isn't it. ;)
  • jamesh316 wrote: »
    Bonus! Thanks for that. My misses spends around £100 a week at Morrisons, she says that she will get it put through in 2 lots of £50 for the next 4 weeks then we can both get £20.

It'll make a change to get something back from Morrisons as they rob us blind every week for the shopping, but what can do they are the only proper local supermarket.
    I work at morrisons,please don`t abuse the system.
  • harryharp
    harryharp Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Katgoddess wrote: »
    But there is no way I could spend the £200 in Morrisons between now and Christmas that I would need to spend to get the free £20.
    But you only have to spend £40 each time. 4 X £40 = £160, not £200:confused:
  • harryharp wrote: »
    But you only have to spend £40 each time. 4 X £40 = £160, not £200:confused:

No you have to spend another £40 before you use the voucher! But still that is only £160 spend as you get the £20 off the final bill!

In my Morrisons all the cards went on the first day (Monday) and I had to speak to customer services to find out when they would have more! Apparently they were available at CS ONLY if you asked! Needless to say I got mine!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure