Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • platterfish
    • By platterfish 8th May 17, 10:55 PM
    • 417Posts
    • 351Thanks
    platterfish
    Octopus Energy £50 cashback
    • 8th May 17, 10:55 PM
    Octopus Energy £50 cashback 8th May 17 at 10:55 PM
    Join octopus energy for Electricity/Gas using the refferal link

https://share.octopus.energy/green-louse-564

You'll get £50 free cashback / £50 free credit for joining discount and a which? Recommended supplier.

They are very well priced, get fantastic reviews and have great service - and they feature in Martin's cheap energy club. The website is simple, bills are accurate and I'm glad I switched.

For transparency I'll get the same for referring then you can start to refer also!

Thanks, you won't be dissapointed!
    Last edited by platterfish; 27-11-2018 at 9:01 AM.
Page 9
    • Danielle LW
    • By Danielle LW 29th Nov 18, 11:53 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Danielle LW
    Octopus Energy £50 referral
    Hey Everyone,

Octopus energy have emailed me with a referral code this Christmas, I think you'll be interested as they are a brilliant company. You get £50 for switching to them. Please see the following link which explains everything:

share.octopus.energy/open-camel-18

I can honestly say that they are the best energy provider that I have ever used.
    Their customer service is always second to none!
    When I first bought my house I honestly hadn't a clue about tariffs etc but they helped explain everything.

I've always been able to get through straight away to them and the people I have spoken to are always so polite and genuinely lovely people to speak to, always going the extra mile to help, they are clearly passionate about what they do- which is exactly what you want when speaking to your service provider.

**They are running a special offer where we’ll each get £50 credit if you switch supplier, (plus the chance to win a Tesla Model X, Jaguar I-PACE, BMW i3 or Nissan LEAF in December). **

I signed up to them originally because they source their energy in environmentally friendly ways and are cost effective and I genuinely think they are worth recommending.

Here’s what else I like about them:

-They’re the only Which? Recommended energy supplier. Which? compared over 60 different energy suppliers on everything from the speed of customer service to fair pricing, and Octopus were the only one to pass all their tests.

They believe in sustainable and affordable energy. All their electricity is sourced from 100% renewable producers, meaning a cleaner, greener environment for everyone. And they’re great value as well, with price comparison websites listing them in their top 3 deals in many regions today.

They don’t have any locked in contracts, and they don’t switch you to an expensive tariff when your fixed term comes to an end. In fact, you can leave at any time without a fee, so there really is nothing to lose in giving them a try!

Switching takes just two minutes — just use my personal link to claim your £50 credit and your entry in the prize draw: share.octopus.energy/open-camel-18

Thanks, and enjoy the £50!
    • rixball
    • By rixball 30th Nov 18, 3:05 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    rixball
    Free £50 from Octopus Energy!
    Hi all,

I also have a £50 referral code and wholly agree with the other posters. Octopus are awesome - best cusotmer service, super transparent on prices and GREEN! No strings attached, just enter the code online for £50 credit:

share.octopus.energy/crisp-duck-485
    • P2P Expert
    • By P2P Expert 30th Nov 18, 11:39 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    P2P Expert
    Customer service
    How long do you typically wait before getting through on their helpline?
    • Davesignet6589
    • By Davesignet6589 1st Dec 18, 9:58 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Davesignet6589
    My partner set up our gas and electricity a few months ago after using the energy club on this website. He went with the cheapest option which had the best customer rating as we've had issues in the past when we go for the cheapest alone.

We've had no issues since joining. We get monthly emails asking for meter readings, as we don't want a smart meter, which might be annoying for some people but they have a wheel of fortune thing where when you submit a reading, you have a chance of winning account credit - no luck so far! Overall, we are really happy and do not regret our decision, although that decision might not be right for you, so make sure you shop around before!

If you determine that Octopus is for you, please click my referral link below for £50 free credit to your account (I will also receive the same amount for every successful referral)

https:// share.octopus.energy/smoke-coral-330

They are also doing a black friday competition thing at the moment where you could win an electric car for being a customer, but you increase your chances when you make referrals. So again, not only will this benefit me, but you could increase you chances (whilst also bagging you and your friends £50) at the chance of winning one! Good luck!
    • Roly6Poly
    • By Roly6Poly 1st Dec 18, 1:33 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Roly6Poly
    Hi, Get £50 from Octopus when you switch to them... I switched this morning using link directly above (thanks Davesignet6589).

Please use my link and we'll both get £50 from Octopus.

https:// share.octopus.energy/straw-queen-308

Best wishes
    • SurfedOut
    • By SurfedOut 2nd Dec 18, 4:23 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SurfedOut
    Customer Service
    I've recently changed to them but not had to call them yet. But the Which Review stated as below:

'it’s not slow to answer the phone to customers, taking 2min 29sec on average in our investigation to put us through to a human.'

It was also the second quickest provider in responding to emails. It is the only Which recommended power provider so probably has the best customer service out there at the moment.

If you want to sign up you can get £50 off your first bill with the link below:

share.octopus.energy/green-dodo-450

Hope this helps,
    Andy
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 2nd Dec 18, 4:36 PM
    • 34,063 Posts
    • 40,186 Thanks
    Browntoa
    Only post your referral once in the thread please
    Originally posted by Browntoa

And again ,..........
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • filidib
    • By filidib 2nd Dec 18, 7:10 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    filidib
    Hi all,

I just joined Octopus thanks to the code kindly shared by rixball. I'd now like to share my code for a £50 discount on the first bill.

I cannot post links, so my code is the usual url //share.octopus.energy/ with 'fawn-snake-51' after the last /

Cheers!
    • ds1980
    • By ds1980 2nd Dec 18, 9:07 PM
    • 1,205 Posts
    • 325 Thanks
    ds1980
    Any help getting an ipace greatly appreciated! https://share.octopus.energy/onyx-bloom-858
    • step1974
    • By step1974 4th Dec 18, 5:34 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    step1974
    Hi. Thanks for this thread. I got my £50 credit the day my 1st payment was taken. I like this Octopus Energy as when you put a meter read through the website, you get a balance straight away.

So, if you would like £50 to your account,I am sharing a link. Then please come back and share your link. Thanks a lot.

https://share.octopus.energy/warm-heron-124
    • roddydogs
    • By roddydogs 4th Dec 18, 6:43 AM
    • 6,113 Posts
    • 2,579 Thanks
    roddydogs
    Anyone offering a split of theit £50?
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 5th Dec 18, 8:49 AM
    • 34,063 Posts
    • 40,186 Thanks
    Browntoa
    Someone still spamming their referral

Read

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=75126985&postcount=168

Only a few posts back
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • thisreallyisme
    • By thisreallyisme 6th Dec 18, 10:44 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    thisreallyisme
    Just joined up today and I have a referral code too!

https://share.octopus.energy/rainy-duck-991

I will be going for a smart meter and the Go tariff which will suit me when my Powerwall 2 arrives - due in February but who knows when it will actually arrive...

I used someones referral code at the end of the earlier thread on Octopus, so someone should get 50 quid soon.
    • winifer569
    • By winifer569 7th Dec 18, 10:21 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    winifer569
    £50 referral + £15 extra!
    Just joined up now, i used the referral link from the person above.

If anybody is interested my link is below, this will get you £50 and me £50

On top of this i will give you £15 either by bank transfer, paypal or amazon voucher, just send me a PM if you use mine and i'll pay it when the referral money has appeared;

https://share.octopus.energy/neat-eagle-61

Thanks
    Last edited by winifer569; Yesterday at 1:42 PM. Reason: spacing
    • AD13
    • By AD13 10th Dec 18, 2:29 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    AD13
    I've just joined up using a code from this thread

https://share.octopus.energy/shy-hero-39

That's my link above if anyone would like to return the favour
    • Louise65
    • By Louise65 12th Dec 18, 10:20 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Louise65
    Thank you
    Thank you to winifer569 for the link. I have just switched as the deal was good and we both get the £50 credit. Result.
    • marcadona
    • By marcadona 14th Dec 18, 5:33 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    marcadona
    Hi everyone,

Someone here kindly shared their link and I received a £50 credit to my account with Octopus a few days after the switch over.

I thought I would share my link if that is okay. You will receive £50 too.

https://share.octopus.energy/peach-hippo-191
    • pinkzebra
    • By pinkzebra 14th Dec 18, 12:46 PM
    • 369 Posts
    • 317 Thanks
    pinkzebra
    I’ve just switched to Octopus Energy, as they were so much cheaper for me than my current supplier. They were very friendly and efficient when answering my query.

They have given me a link, which if you sign up with, then we both will receive £50 credit.

https://share.octopus.energy/teal-shade-257

I used marcadona’s link when signing up (thank you marcadona)
    • River500
    • By River500 14th Dec 18, 1:27 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    River500
    Would certainly recommend Octopus Energy 🐙
    As someone who regularly switches energy provider to ensure the best price I have found the sign up / transfer process extremely smooth and straightforward with regular information on how your switch (from old supplier to Octopus) is going, what to expect and when.

So far really pleased with the service provided, together with very competitive pricing and would certainly recommend.

If you want to try their service then if you use my referral code we both get £50 credit to our energy bills.

As someone who regularly switches energy provider to ensure the best price I have found the sign up / transfer process extremely smooth and straightforward with regular information on how your switch (from old supplier to Octopus) is going, what to expect and when.

So far really pleased with the service provided, together with very competitive pricing and would certainly recommend.

If you want to try their service then if you use my referral code (As someone who regularly switches energy provider to ensure the best price I have found the sign up / transfer process extremely smooth and straightforward with regular information on how your switch (from old supplier to Octopus) is going, what to expect and when.

If you want to try their service then if you use my referral code we both get £50 credit to our energy bills.

If you want to try their service then if you use my referral code wise-kiwi-904 we both get £50 credit to our energy bills.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,731Posts Today

6,510Users online

Martin's Twitter