Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 4th Dec 18, 1:58 PM
    • 422Posts
    • 149Thanks
    MSE Callum
    0 WOW
    New law means EU websites now have to sell to UK customers - MSE News
    • 4th Dec 18, 1:58 PM
    0 WOW
    New law means EU websites now have to sell to UK customers - MSE News 4th Dec 18 at 1:58 PM
    UK shoppers can no longer be blocked from retailers' websites in other EU countries and will be entitled to the same discounts as locals, after a new regulation came into force this week...
    Read the full story:
    'New law means EU websites now have to sell to UK customers'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • molerat
    • By molerat 4th Dec 18, 2:38 PM
    • 19,764 Posts
    • 14,009 Thanks
    molerat
    • 4th Dec 18, 2:38 PM
    • 4th Dec 18, 2:38 PM
    The regulation also means that if you're travelling in the EU and buy tickets in person, such as to a concert, theme park or sports event, you'll usually be entitled to pay the same price as a local – so if there's a discount for under-25s and you're under 25, you would be eligible.
    So does that mean that discount events for locals are now illegal, places such as Blackpool Pleasure Beach do discounted season tickets for FY post code residents and a zoo does free entry weekends for certain postcodes ?
    Last edited by molerat; 04-12-2018 at 2:40 PM.
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • Ian011
    • By Ian011 5th Dec 18, 4:48 PM
    • 2,164 Posts
    • 1,300 Thanks
    Ian011
    • 5th Dec 18, 4:48 PM
    • 5th Dec 18, 4:48 PM
    The link from the article that supposedly points at this forum discussion thread, actually points back to the article.

The new law requires businesses in EU member states to sell to consumers in all other EU member states, which of course currently includes selling to consumers in the UK.

When the UK leaves the EU, there will be no requirement for businesess in EU member states to sell to consumers in the UK because ... wait for it ... we will have left the EU.

If the rules have been copied into UK law then UK businesses may still be required to sell to consumers in EU member states but the converse will no longer be true.
    Last edited by Ian011; 06-12-2018 at 11:46 AM.
    • CKhalvashi
    • By CKhalvashi 5th Dec 18, 5:35 PM
    • 8,960 Posts
    • 25,587 Thanks
    CKhalvashi
    • 5th Dec 18, 5:35 PM
    • 5th Dec 18, 5:35 PM
    The link from the article that supposedly points at this forum discussion thread, actually points back to the article.

The new law requires businesses in EU member states to sell to consumers in all other EU member states, which of course currently includes selling to consumers in the UK.

When the UK leaves the EU, there wil be no requirement for businesess in EU member states to sell to consumers in the UK because, wait for it, we will have left the EU.

If the rules have been copied into UK law then UK businesses may still be required to sell to consumers in EU member states but the converse will no longer be true.
    Originally posted by Ian011
    I see huge opportunities for price jacking here sadly for the U.K. consumer,

I wonít be doing it, but Iím sure many of the big American multinational businesses will be........
    "I kada sanjamo san, nek bude hiljadu raznih boja" (L. Stamenkovic)

Call me Remainer or Romaniac, but not Remoaner. It's insulting and I have the right to have my voice heard too.

I can spell, my iPad can't.
    • Mr_Singleton
    • By Mr_Singleton 7th Dec 18, 8:21 PM
    • 996 Posts
    • 1,936 Thanks
    Mr_Singleton
    • 7th Dec 18, 8:21 PM
    • 7th Dec 18, 8:21 PM
    Yes, I’ll believe the OP when the French iTunes sells me music for my UK iTunes account.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,659Posts Today

7,531Users online

Martin's Twitter