PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Comments

• s_glover wrote: »
    R.e. the parkrun would I be able to take DS in pushchair is there is one near me? I need to start doing some more exercise!

C xx

Yes you can take your DS along in a pushchair. Take a look at the Parkrun website to find out where your local one is. It will tall you a little about the course too e.g. flat, paved. I really can't recommend parkrun enough. The atmosphere is lovely, everyone really is welcome and encouraged. It's a great community.[/QUOTE]

Thank you :D there is one in the local town to me we have a lovely park there. Unfortunately I am working the next 3 Sats but hoping I can go to the one after that :D

C xx
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • Sorry to turn this into a migraine thread.:D

My GP gave me Naratriptan for migraines. I think they worked okay.

I mostly used to use Mefenamic acid, I got it for period pains but it works on migraines too.

I had to keep a food diary and realised that I had quite a lot of food triggers, artificial sweeteners, coffee etc...
  • Sorry to turn this into a migraine thread.:D

My GP gave me Naratriptan for migraines. I think they worked okay.

I mostly used to use Mefenamic acid, I got it for period pains but it works on migraines too.

I had to keep a food diary and realised that I had quite a lot of food triggers, artificial sweeteners, coffee etc...

I had mefenamic acid for mine too and that did help quite a bit.

I might give the food dairy a go tbh I am on SW and when I stick to it and eat healthy I feel ok unless I don't eat for too long then I get one but when I eat carp I get more headaches

C xx
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • Got 3 empty boxes ready to go in the hall. I’ll see what I can get into them by Friday.
    .......well, at least I’m thinking about getting clutter free since I read this thread.:D;)
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I had mefenamic acid for mine too and that did help quite a bit.

I might give the food dairy a go tbh I am on SW and when I stick to it and eat healthy I feel ok unless I don't eat for too long then I get one but when I eat carp I get more headaches

C xx

My biggest food trigger is either going too long between meals or eating a lot of sweet food so clearly blood sugar must have something to do with it. I can have common migraine triggers like wine, cheese, chocolate with no issue at all.
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am currently sitting in a house that looks like a jumble sale/rubbish tip. It occurred to me that I don't want to declutter things and just put the stuff I am keeping in the same place. I have long been frustrated with not being organised enough and not having a place for everything. My paperwork is currently in three different drawers so I always have to check all three when looking for a document. So I have chosen which furniture/areas of the house are for different items. But it meant clearing everything from those areas so I now have piles of stuff all over the place. Arg! I dream of knowing where every item is in my house so I will soldier on.

140-141) 2 candles sold on ebay.

142-154) Magazines gone into the recycling. I no longer look at mags in the shops. They just cause clutter and I never get around to reading them.

155-158) Craft stuff sold on ebay.
  • chupachups4
    chupachups4 Posts: 156 Forumite
    edited 6 February 2019 at 9:01PM
    Mrs SD, actually, DGS and DD3 help me put everything in the right box: give, bin, sell
    DD2, BF and DD4 Don't help much, may be they think it's a long time to go….I'll wait 1-2 months and advise then.

161-169: items sold, 47 euros in the travel pot
    170: 1 bin liner of shredded papework, I think I'm ok with paperwork now

listed 14 items
    1st goal: 0/936 euros
    2nd goal: 0/15160 euros
  • @Cranky40 - I take Sumatriptan - when I first started I took the full dose and it floored me - I now only take half a tablet at a time and taken early enough it does the trick and doesn't make me feel awful!

Fantastic news re: leak - it's very minor and due to a small part of my toilet cistern not working properly - so it should just cost me a few pounds to replace. I was terrified that it was something major that would cost a fortune so I am beyond relieved !!!!!:j
    somerandom wrote: »
    155: registered DS on the electoral register

156. Nerf gun
    157. Hat
    158. toy binocculars
    159. pencil case
    160. magnifying glass
    161. night-light
    162. balloon box

all to CS all items approved for decluttering by DS :A
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    OH has started sorting his work stuff that is all over the kitchen & we've recycled about 15 heavy catulogues/magazines & clutch of paperwork. I've also thrown out some done towels that were used as paint wipes.

So am about 67 items I've chucked some ripped plastic bags I was keeping for...goodness knows why? So I can actually open one drawer without them escaping all over the kitchen floor.
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    14-16. Two old wardrobes dismantled and old shelf dismantled.

17-18. Two cardboard boxes recycled
    19. Item sold on eBay
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family