Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Well, you're kinda splitting hairs in that if you switch suppliers at the end of the Avro contract then it will be more than likely that you will pay a 13th DD (or more) before the switch completes.
    Because my account was in credit, and had been since Mar-2018, when I switched in Sep-2018 I did receive an email from Avro saying they had cancelled my DD (or at least set the amount to £0.00). I wish they were equally proactive refunding the credit balance.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You don't often hear of that happening from any energy supplier. As an Avro customer, it's good news for me. Thanks for sharing.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • I switched to Avro in February 2018. I have always provided meter readings when requested. They charge me £62 per month for gas and electricity. I sent readings in September and today they've taken yet ANOTHER £62!
    My problem is that my account is now sitting at £202 in credit and could do with that money in my bank account instead of theirs!

Are they legally allowed to hold 3 months payments in advance?
    I've emailed to ask for a refund but I'd like some advice from you lovelies in case they refuse because of i) I'm unable to provide my great great grandfather's mobile phone number and inside leg measurement etc...

I've gone through their Ts & Cs and can only find this :

When the payment method is by Direct Debit;
    9.3.3 Will be adjusted to the appropriate amount following our receipt of a meter reading, supplied by you or taken by us of the actual Energy consumed at the premises

Thanks for any advice

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    You are quite likely to use that credit between Dec - Feb so maybe it's better that it's sitting there in anticipation of the colder weather.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Consumerist
    I switched to Avro in February 2018. I have always provided meter readings when requested. They charge me £62 per month for gas and electricity. I sent readings in September and today they've taken yet ANOTHER £62!
    My problem is that my account is now sitting at £202 in credit and could do with that money in my bank account instead of theirs!

Are they legally allowed to hold 3 months payments in advance?
    I've emailed to ask for a refund but I'd like some advice from you lovelies in case they refuse because of i) I'm unable to provide my great great grandfather's mobile phone number and inside leg measurement etc...
    I'm inclined to agree with dobbibill's post above.

If Avro refuse a refund they must give their reasons. You can refer a complaint to the Ombudsman if after eight weeks they have not resolved the issue to your satisfaction. In practice it might take from now till February to get any result anyway.

Your £200 credit balance at this time of year is not entirely unreasonable but Avro might agree to a lesser refund if you ask nicely. :)
  • Leear
    Leear Posts: 59 Forumite
    I wish Avro charts would show me the actual usage for the month gone. For example my Gas use for September was 398 kWh (the yellow bit) and not their estimate of 737 kWh
    1PGIVIJeytOnIyqtXlZpUYvf0?token=eyJhbGciOiJkaXIiLCJlbmMiOiJBMTI4Q0JDLUhTMjU2In0..Q3xVbIgmXG7gW-T6g-EkNw.XojmvhZDx427yXi6uO-6FG30XGdPWCjkqzvReT_MG1MVbq0sXVPRF7mFLzE24Tjj7wUSvrjDekIXWrSMzIYYecllD329MHuztcpWRxXKy6H0pD3XpED9TrZSRkaJaJ6ddsLGK3RgZlB8rFHvqYqIBq95mCM72RHR_Ko1pCwdjCcN0yA-y9dJKA5pxUPDx5WBu-1Ijy8A-ufSBBYXmGAKtOo5atnqQqnWvtXRDofAIN4CrxSFgj2pqMhivqlaQ7sIjMXyNZ_pzzLkB8zIQNpDfowqx4ogaM7F4tdC1EQYHyo.TkrdB59LRaNMyfBlWivfig
  • Consumerist
    Leear wrote: »
    I wish Avro charts would show me the actual usage for the month gone .. .

Me too ! :rotfl:

27x1c9h.jpg
  • Consumerist
    Leear wrote: »
    I wish Avro charts would show me the actual usage for the month gone. . .
    But seriously though . . .

I agree that once usage has been billed, Avro's estimate for that month has become irrelevant.

And why do the charts always start in January. Most people might be interested in their usage over the previous year so a chart covering, say, Oct 17 - Sep 18 might be of some interest to see a pattern of usage throughout the year.

It is my (perhaps cynical) view that the energy suppliers are doing their best to comply with Ofgem's regulations whilst making sure the information they are required to provide is as useless as possible to the consumer.
  • We switched to Avro through this website at the end of May. I've been supplying meter readings every month as requested, they've been taking my money via direct debit. No bills or statements are available on line.

Contacting by phone is impossible, I've been on hold listening to Muzak several times for 20 minutes and never spoken to an operator. I've written an email stating that I want a response within 7 days or I'm writing to the regulator.

Well I received a reply on the 4th Oct and can view my monthly statements going back to May. Hopefully the statements will be available on a monthly basis as advised.

"Thank you for your email regarding your bills. I have been forwarded this information and have been looking into your concerns. There was an issue with a piece of information missing from your bills. I have now corrected this and I can confirm your up to date bill is now available on your online account. I apologise for the delay but your next bills will now automatically generate each month.

I hope this has answered all your concerns and if you require any further information please ask."
  • Consumerist
    Well I received a reply on the 4th Oct and can view my monthly statements going back to May. Hopefully the statements will be available on a monthly basis as advised.

"There was an issue with a piece of information missing from your bills."
    A carefully crafted response, in my view, suggesting that the undisclosed "missing information" was readily available but they just couldn't be bothered until you complained.

Just goes to show, however, that emails and a little patience can pay off with Avro.

Glad you got it sorted. :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback