PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Options

Comments

• JJA80
    JJA80 Posts: 36 Forumite
    edited 19 April 2019 at 7:23PM
    Options
    My house went under offer on 17 October but to my surprise and dismay my front garden was found to be unregistered in the searches. My buyer’s mortgage provider required the land to be registered by Land Registry granting Adverse Possession. It took time to get all the necessary land searches, plans and declarations for my solicitor to apply for this on 11 February. We have supplied all the necessary declarations and plans, paid for the application and OS survey which has been done and received by Land Registry. The two adjoining neighbours immediately sent their approval of my claim which in any case expired for objections on 15 April. I spoke to a very pleasant and helpful lady at Land Registry on 18 April and she confirmed that they had all the necessary documentation but she was unable to tell me when, or even if, the application would be approved, but she thought it would be some weeks. There is a chain of 5 behind me who have been waiting patiently for my buyer to be able to proceed but one of them is now threatening to pull out. I am 81 years old and risk losing my purchase of the last suitable house available locally in sheltered accommodation. I was advised to get my solicitor to expedite the application because of my need to secure the accommodation I now need. I appreciate how busy Land Registry is but is there any way the necessary approval can be speeded up so I don’t loose my buyer and the house I’ve waited for?
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,782 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JJA80 wrote: »
    My house went under offer on 17 October but to my surprise and dismay my front garden was found to be unregistered in the searches. My buyer’s mortgage provider required the land to be registered by Land Registry granting Adverse Possession. It took time to get all the necessary land searches, plans and declarations for my solicitor to apply for this on 11 February. We have supplied all the necessary declarations and plans, paid for the application and OS survey which has been done and received by Land Registry. The two adjoining neighbours immediately sent their approval of my claim which in any case expired for objections on 15 April. I spoke to a very pleasant and helpful lady at Land Registry on 18 April and she confirmed that they had all the necessary documentation but she was unable to tell me when, or even if, the application would be approved, but she thought it would be some weeks. There is a chain of 5 behind me who have been waiting patiently for my buyer to be able to proceed but one of them is now threatening to pull out. I am 81 years old and risk losing my purchase of the last suitable house available locally in sheltered accommodation. I was advised to get my solicitor to expedite the application because of my need to secure the accommodation I now need. I appreciate how busy Land Registry is but is there any way the necessary approval can be speeded up so I don’t loose my buyer and the house I’ve waited for?

That's the right thing to do, ask your solicitor to submit evidence of the confirmed purchase and a request to expedite

The only part that throws me is that you say you spoke to us and that some of the wider checks we do (no objections by....) have been done. So why some weeks to go?

What's the title number please?
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • JJA80
    Options
    The title number is TT93123. Thank you for response on a Bank Holiday weekend.
  • JJA80
    Options
    From JJA80. I’m not sure if I posted correctly. The Title number is TT93123. LR’s office use only number reference is VA16BC3 if that helps. Do you need any more information from me?
    Thank you.
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    From JJA80. I’m not sure if I posted correctly. The Title number is TT93123. LR’s office use only number reference is VA16BC3 if that helps. Do you need any more information from me?
    Thank you.

Many thanks but I have the info I need. Just waiting for a reply from the processing office as to what is happening
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Many thanks but I have the info I need. Just waiting for a reply from the processing office as to what is happening

The application is currently with one of our lawyers for further consideration. I'll post again when I have anything more to share
  • Sally_Forth
    Options
    Thank you.
    It sounds like there were more notices sent than just your 2 neighbours, as LR has said it's with lawyers. That probably means someone else has objected to the adverse possession.
  • JJA80
    Options
    I know the history back to pre 1967 so it seems unlikely but who knows.
  • babyblade41
    babyblade41 Posts: 3,933 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It sounds like there were more notices sent than just your 2 neighbours, as LR has said it's with lawyers. That probably means someone else has objected to the adverse possession.
    It's not always the case.. I went through adverse possession a few months ago , well my vendor did.

When notices are sent out they are sent to who ever the land may affect and the clock ticks for 15 days

The complex nature of adverse possession was handled by case workers at the beginning but then it passed onto lawyers to check the legalities .

Ours was registered well before the 15 days as the notices must have been responded to with no objection rather than ignored
  • jimjones235
    Options
    Hi,

I've posted some questions under this thread:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5992014

Brief summary: I'm buying a house which was built 6 years ago, there is a chunk of text missing from the original tp1 which means that although the rights for the benefit of the property are defined they are not granted. Before my purchase can go through a deed of rectification is being sought to grant those missing rights..

For the land registry my questions are:

What is the current wait times on registering a deed of rectification (to rectify a tp1 filed 6 years ago with a chunk of text missing)?

Are there ever any circumstances with which the land registry would reject a deed of rectification, if it's signed by all the original parties and simply add grants to rights already outlined?

Would it be normal to require the deed to be registered before continuing with a sale?

I should point out that the error in the tp1 only appears on the original developers tp1 not the original buyers (now vendors) copy of the tp1. This was reported to the land registry as an error in the hope it could be corrected without a rectification deed, but the request was rejected hence a deed of rectification now being sought
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback