The Perfume Emporium have stolen my money

Options

Comments

• PhilC2709
    PhilC2709 Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 24 June 2009 at 8:04AM
    Options
    I'm not surpised to see so many people writing about theperfumeemporium; they don't appear to have done anything but steal money since at least October last year.

I have done a fair bit of research, and Trading Standards are going to struggle to get hold of this guy as the address on the site, and the address the domain is registered to are both false.

There is something we can all do though. Both his payment system company and his hosting company are respectable organisations, and will not want to be associated with a thief, yet his hosting company have only had two complaints about the site and are "continuing to monitor it". If everyone who has a complaint writes to [EMAIL="abuse@unitedhosting.co.uk"]abuse@unitedhosting.co.uk[/EMAIL] (his hosting company), and [EMAIL="support@sagepay.com"]support@sagepay.com[/EMAIL] (the company that processes payments for him), he will soon find himself with no way of taking payment, and no place to host his website.

None of us are likely to get our monies back, so let's do something positive and stop this crook from ripping off more people.
  • Joelleski
    Joelleski Posts: 109 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in the same boat - I understand I'm never going to see my money again, unfortunately, but I'm making sure I complain about this ! I've followed PhilC2709's advice and sent email complaints to both [EMAIL="abuse@unitedhosting.co.uk"]abuse@unitedhosting.co.uk[/EMAIL] and [EMAIL="support@sagepay.com"]support@sagepay.com[/EMAIL] - unitedhosting have got back to me to letting me know they are monitoring the situation ... Trading Standards next ... I've asked for a refund from this fraudster, but won't hold my breath :( So annoyed at myself for falling into this trap - I'm normally so careful about this sort of thing :mad:
  • dylan1273
    dylan1273 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, i see the link to the perfume emporium in Martins bargain perfume section on this site, purchased online but have yet recieved nothing ! been fobbed off with emails stating wait 8 working days etc this isnt looking promising, if i recieve no reply iam going further. maybe if all the people who have had money taken and received nothing can get together we can take this further together
  • mattwallisuk
    mattwallisuk Posts: 438 Forumite
    Options
    Joelleski wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat - I understand I'm never going to see my money again, unfortunately, but I'm making sure I complain about this ! I've followed PhilC2709's advice and sent email complaints to both [EMAIL="abuse@unitedhosting.co.uk"]abuse@unitedhosting.co.uk[/EMAIL] and [EMAIL="support@sagepay.com"]support@sagepay.com[/EMAIL] - unitedhosting have got back to me to letting me know they are monitoring the situation ... Trading Standards next ... I've asked for a refund from this fraudster, but won't hold my breath :( So annoyed at myself for falling into this trap - I'm normally so careful about this sort of thing :mad:

UnitedHosting is actually my company, we provide web hosting to this perfume trader, I am following up with my team now to see what the situation is regarding this site, and to see if we have had any/many other complaints about the site to our abuse team.

Rest assured we're a zero-tolerance company to this type of thing, so if it does appear they are indeed "scamming" in any way then the site would be pulled offline. Obviously we need to ensure this is definitely the case, and they are not just slow to react to lost parcels and refunds.
    The Head Honcho (does very little work)
  • Joelleski
    Joelleski Posts: 109 Forumite
    Options
    Hi matwallisuk, thanks for the response. I still have not received my refund, nor my "lost" perfume, and judging by the number of complaints not just on here but out on the web (you should check out, there is definately something fishy going on. I do understand you have to investigate, but please do so quickly, as I know more people are just going to get suckered in by this. Check out the reviews on ciao.co.uk/theperfumemporium_co_uk (i would put the link, but the site won't let me!)
  • mattwallisuk
    Options
    When did you place your order joelleski?

The perfume company has been a client of ours for some 2 years without complaints, only recently have their been 3 or 4 at most, and this was explained to us as due to a sack of parcels going missing. The shop explained they have to wait a full 15-30 days in order to declare an item "lost" and receive compensation to provide a refund to you, we have also seen that the original complaint seems to have been refunded now, so I am wondering if you just need to wait a little longer?

Our client is giving us full co-operation and providing us full details. I know it must be frustrating as a consumer who has not received goods, but at the same time we all have to remain understanding and not just assume this is a scam. The site has been operating for some time, with a full bank merchant facilities etc, and if it was a scam it would have been closed down by now. Its important to keep a level head and see if things come together within the time limits stated in their terms, they are not technically doing anything wrong for us to shut the site down, until they break their own terms.
  • dylan1273
    Options
    When did you place your order joelleski?

The perfume company has been a client of ours for some 2 years without complaints, only recently have their been 3 or 4 at most, and this was explained to us as due to a sack of parcels going missing. The shop explained they have to wait a full 15-30 days in order to declare an item "lost" and receive compensation to provide a refund to you, we have also seen that the original complaint seems to have been refunded now, so I am wondering if you just need to wait a little longer?

Our client is giving us full co-operation and providing us full details. I know it must be frustrating as a consumer who has not received goods, but at the same time we all have to remain understanding and not just assume this is a scam. The site has been operating for some time, with a full bank merchant facilities etc, and if it was a scam it would have been closed down by now. Its important to keep a level head and see if things come together within the time limits stated in their terms, they are not technically doing anything wrong for us to shut the site down, until they break their own terms.

Hi matt, well i ordered my perfume on 19th june and people have ordered way before me and we have all had the same fob off emails first stating sorry etc please wait 8 working days then we get please wait 15 working days before royal mail will investigate, i asked for a tracking number and they didnt produce one, btw they will need one so royal mail can trace the packages, so do they have a sack of parcels going missing every week?

this is worrying to me, ok they answer your emails but when everybody starts receiving the same ones it doesnt look good
  • dylan1273
    Options
    Hi joelleski, i looked up the perfume emporium on ciao.co.uk as you stated and and having exactly the same experience as the OP on that site all emails from "chris" please can every body reading this concur they have had exactly the same emails from "chris" heres what the OP WROTE ON THE CIAO SITE

I did not recieve my "PERFUME. Its a fraudulent website.I got a reply from Chris with typical and stupid excuses.The first excuse was that perfume emporium had been posted with ROYAL MAIL and I had to wait eight days before I received my delivery. After that I had to wait another fifteen days as they had lost the item. Then I had to wait as a claim was supposed to have been made to Royal Mail for losing the package.Then I had to wait as an investigation was made and so it went on.
    I was also told eventually that a refund will be made but to this date I have not recieved my mone back yet.DO NOT BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE ITS A SCAM.I WILL BE REPORTING THEM TO THE NECCESARY AUTHORITIES.
  • mattwallisuk
    Options
    My only point is that when we look at this with a non-biased view, you only ordered 11 days ago, and your already posting complaints across the internet. If something has legitimately gone wrong here, such as Royal Mail losing your package, then it will take longer than 11 days to sort out.

Either way please keep us updated once the 15 days in their terms have passed:

"Orders not recieved, which were dispatched by Standard Postage, will not be deemed 'missing' until 15 working days have passed, therefore no resend or refund will be offered until after this period. "

You should expect acknowledgement and a refund in the next 4-5 days?

Thanks,
  • dylan1273
    edited 1 July 2009 at 1:06PM
    Options
    iam assuming my next email from "chris" will be stating there is an invsetigation going on please wait. but will keep you informed

p.s i looked up the company number as they are supposed to be vat registered but that comes back as a bad number so i have contacted HM inland revenue to ask if they are infact a VAT registered company
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure