MSE Poll: What have you switched in 2017?

Poll started 12 December 2017

What have you switched in 2017?

Sadly, the best deals rarely come to loyal customers. Moving company to a new, hot promotional deal is often (not always) the way to slash costs.

So for EVERY category please select whether this year you’ve:

- Switched: If you changed a provider/person in this category
- Stuck: If you’re with the same provider/person (even if a different offering)
- Don’t have: If you don’t have one of these…

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Thanks! :)

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• alst68
    alst68 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Those that I have stuck with I have contacted them and got a better deal then I would if I had switched. For instance sim only deal with EE 10gb unlimited text and calls for £14 a month. I use most of my date so quite happy with 10gb.
  • earthmother
    earthmother Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    The only 'stuck' I'm not happy with is my phone and broadband, but unless Virgin get themselves in gear and finally hook up that white box they put in three doors down when they dug half the village up last month, I'll be stuck with BT again (we're rural and there's no-one else offering decent speeds).
    DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to [strike]be dealing with[/strike] have dealt with my debts
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I was actually surprised by my own personal result but not by the poll results. For everything that I have I switched. I'm just disloyal in everything lol. I found the question "Partner" funny.
  • Quite surprised at the number of people without a mortgage.
    Nothing to see here, move along.
  • I compare to switch everything then go back to the people I am currently with and ask them to beat it , they usually do and if not then I switch
  • NJP100
    NJP100 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Problem is, stuck does not mean did not check - necessarily! E.G. stuck with BT, but only after negotiating discounts and extensions.
  • Would have made sense to add the category 'stuck, but haggled the price down from what I was quoted'. I often end up sticking with the same company as I ring up and say it's cheaper elsewhere and low and behold they offer you a newer lower quote.
  • I haven't switched anything in 2017. I'm confident I'm on the cheapest deals possible, for me.

However, my energy tariff comes to an end in 2018.

Shame.......:(
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business