Tales from the city

Comments

• Pleased the deposit is all sorted out :D
  • ani*fan
    ani*fan Posts: 1,554
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    In my ongoing hassle with my new HS*C card, I just logged on to my bank account and discovered I have now paid my monthly bill twice. They told me they had not been able to set up the DD, I managed to get that done but not in time for this month's payment so I paid manually, then they took the DD too! This is not a disaster as I now have my deposit money returned and had planned a big overpayment anyway, but I wanted this to go towards the target card and not HS*C. It's all a bit annoying but never mind, it's still all going in the right direction.

This means that my debt total has reduced to £14,205.51. :j Signature updated. Feeling pleased. I'd love to get under £14k by the end of this week. ;)

Before I do that though I need to check, double check and triple check my Christmas plans and budget. I think I'll move the deposit to the CCs in small amounts rather than one lump sum. Just in case I've forgotten anything or leave myself short. I am guilty of doing this a lot so I'm going to tread carefully and not spend it but see how this month pans out. I may borrow some of it so I can finish my Christmas shopping now rather than waiting until payday. I don't know, I'll have to see.

Back at work today after being off sick. I wasn't looking forward to it yesterday but am now excited to be getting back in the world after all those days in bed.

Happy debt busting everyone. :)
    If you know you have enough, you're rich. ;)
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    misstara wrote: »
    :eek: You're brave, there's no way I would let my OH anywhere near my hair.

It was a bit nerve wracking misstara, but fortunately all worked out in the end. :)
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I had a real spendy day yesterday. I had a very important presentation and was stressed out of my mind. :eek: Too stressed to think, apparently. £40 train ticket can be claimed back in next months' wages, £28 on taxis cannot (I could have taken the bus if I'd been less harrassed) and another £10 on coffees and cake. Yikes. I need to keep a close eye on my account for these expenses coming out. The presentation went really well though and I got home on a real high.

I've got into the Christmas shopping in a big way. Oh's pressie is bought at great expense, and another for my brother and his family. This is good, planned, but means I need to juggle money and move pots around and all the messing around we have to do, sometimes it seems like daily. I can't wait until this debt is gone and I can relax with it all.

Have a wonderful debt busting day everyone. :D
  • Ooooh I am also looking forward to being debt free, will make the journey worthwhile
    £15900 loan (including interest) over 3.5 years to pay off...can I do it sooner???
    £940/£15900

Weight loss 0/28 lbs
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Just made a payment for £210 to the target card. :j:j

The total for this card now stand at £2196.68.

I've also updated my signature and am thrilled to see the total go below £14k.

I'm getting there. :D
  • QuietOne
    QuietOne Posts: 145
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You're making great progress, it's really nice seeing the debt getting smaller by the month. It's still a long road ahead but just visualise the finishing line and the time will fly by and before you know it the debt will almost disappear.

When I was £32K in debt, I thought my life was pretty much over but once you have a plan of action and you stick to it, (obviously you have unexpected things that happen but you can usually overcome them) time goes quicker as you chip away through your debt and you feel more in control.

Just keep up the great progress and you'll probably be like me and look back on it and either laugh or think to yourself "I beat you! :p"
    Littlewoods £0/£750
    Barclaycard £0/£1,000 @ 0% Nov '18

Goal: To be debt free by Oct' 31st 2016.

Now debt free!!!
  • Great OP! :) Nice to get to a new milestone in the total amount.
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,871
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    ani*fan wrote: »
    Just made a payment for £210 to the target card. :j:j

The total for this card now stand at £2196.68.

I've also updated my signature and am thrilled to see the total go below £14k.

I'm getting there. :D

Fab stuff, all going well :D
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10527.15/£15000 (70.2% saved). Emergency fund - £1356.48/£1500 (90.4% saved).
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    My monthly payment to CC2 has just gone out. Signature updated. That's another £108 of debt gone that I will NEVER have again. :D
    QuietOne wrote: »
    You're making great progress, it's really nice seeing the debt getting smaller by the month. It's still a long road ahead but just visualise the finishing line and the time will fly by and before you know it the debt will almost disappear.

Just keep up the great progress and you'll probably be like me and look back on it and either laugh or think to yourself "I beat you! :p"

Thanks for this QuietOne. The final destination of this journey does sometimes feel so far away but slow and steady progress seems to be working for me. :)
    Great OP! :) Nice to get to a new milestone in the total amount.

Yes it is! And I'm hoping to get a few more big overpayments done before Christmas so I can finish the year closer to the £13k milestone than £14k. :)
    misstara wrote: »
    Fab stuff, all going well :D

Thanks misstara. I was thinking, this time next year you'll be almost, if not entirely, debtfree. And I'm hoping to be right behind you. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure