Comments

• sheilavw
    sheilavw Posts: 1,600 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks for your help, I have sent you a message
  • sheilavw
    hi 2015/16 is ok. he went part time mid jul 2016 and 2016/17 is incomplete. because he only worked 2 days on average he wasnt earning enough to pay NI. only paid 87.99 in the year . so does this mean low earners would never get opportunity to claim this?
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    What were his 2016/7 earnings from his P60?
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • sheilavw
    hi it was 4634.98. apr 16 start of tax yr was off sick once ssp ran out he got about 4 wks esa. started this job 18/7/16. i think only 1 mth paid NI because didnt earn enough. it says you have contributions from paid employment 87.99 nat insur credits 4 wks. thanks
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    sheilavw wrote: »
    hi it was 4634.98. apr 16 start of tax yr was off sick once ssp ran out he got about 4 wks esa. started this job 18/7/16. i think only 1 mth paid NI because didnt earn enough. it says you have contributions from paid employment 87.99 nat insur credits 4 wks. thanks

Unfortunately, he would need total earnings of £5,600 in the 2016/7 tax year to qualify for CB -ESA.
    Is the £4,634 taken from his P60's?
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • sheilavw
    yes it is from his p60 . he started in jul and first pay in aug. in the apr may june he was on ssp/esa.
    I suppose its nothing then? The 41 years worked doesnt count

Thanks for your help
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 14 April 2018 at 1:45PM
    sheilavw wrote: »
    yes it is from his p60 . he started in jul and first pay in aug. in the apr may june he was on ssp/esa.
    I suppose its nothing then? The 41 years worked doesnt count

Thanks for your help
    Unfortunately it's looking that way, as it's the previous 2 tax years that count and not those 41 years.

Have you thought about PIP? It's not means tested. Here's a link to the PIP descriptors for you to take a look at. You need to score 8 points for an award of Standard rate and there's 2 parts, Daily living and Mobility.
    https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-points-system

Evidence would be needed to support a claim when you return those forms. It doesn't happen over night but certainly worth looking at.

ETA as i didn't realise about the OP husbands hip replacement then PIP may not apply because of the 9 month rule.
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's looking that way, as it's the previous 2 tax years that count and not those 41 years.

Have you thought about PIP? It's not means tested. Here's a link to the PIP descriptors for you to take a look at. You need to score 8 points for an award of Standard rate and there's 2 parts, Daily living and Mobility.
    https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-points-system

Evidence would be needed to support a claim when you return those forms. It doesn't happen over night but certainly worth looking at.

I suspect (and hope) that the hip replacement will do its job and he will be back to 'normal' in the near future.

It is therefore probable that he would not meet the 9 months rule - needs to have the 'condition' for 9 months after applying.

If there are complications (hope not) then PIP might be a possibility.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    pmlindyloo wrote: »
    I suspect (and hope) that the hip replacement will do its job and he will be back to 'normal' in the near future.

It is therefore probable that he would not meet the 9 months rule - needs to have the 'condition' for 9 months after applying.

If there are complications (hope not) then PIP might be a possibility.
    Thanks, i didn't know about the hip replacement. I will edit my post above.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Have you both obtained new state pension statements to help with planning?

https://www.gov.uk/check-state-pension
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport