Fury as Ryanair seats passengers 'rows apart' unless they pay to sit together

Options

Comments

• agarnett
    agarnett Posts: 1,301 Forumite
    edited 14 June 2017 at 11:29PM
    Options
    I take it you hadn't a clue that a 2016 style modernised London tower block with possibly 500 souls on board in 2017 could go up like a dodgy firework?

But you know all about the limitations of safety risks in modernised constantly messed with 2017 style airline operations and have dismissed them completely as insignificant and not comparable?

There's up to 189 passengers and minimum 6 crew on a 737-800. If something goes badly wrong, chances are more will die than in your dodgy tower block. And it isn't fixed to terra firma. Got all the bases covered have we?
    Ludicrous to suggest otherwise, is it? Who's in charge ? Know what they are doing when they bvgger about with passenger expectations and baggage handler expectations, do they?

Not a given, from what I saw this week.

In an emergency do families sat 10 rows apart stay put to await rescue or exit immediately or (let me think what else might happen in the available (proverbial) 90 seconds before fire engulfs the aircraft ... duh!)
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Get writing to those transport ministers!
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How is 2 adults (who have the option to pay to sit together) sitting apart a safety issue? Ryanair addressed the situation so that children are ALWAYS sitting with at least one adult member of a booking..
    To even compare a horrific tower block fire is ludicrous
    agarnett was referring to Ryanair's dodgy and inconsistent baggage handling caused by the overhead luggage being switched to hold at last moment. It's a security issue. That's really subject for another thread (or the flyertalk community)
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Options
    Moving hand luggage to hold happens on every airline. I've no idea why someone would consider it a security risk.
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Options
    buglawton wrote: »
    agarnett was referring to Ryanair's dodgy and inconsistent baggage handling caused by the overhead luggage being switched to hold at last moment. It's a security issue.

if the luggage has already hone through security, why is it a security issue?

Concise answer appreciated.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    if the luggage has already hone through security, why is it a security issue?

Concise answer appreciated.

Please read post #76 in this thread.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • agarnett
    Options
    jpsartre wrote: »
    Moving hand luggage to hold happens on every airline. I've no idea why someone would consider it a security risk.
    That's why you won't be at the sharp end of airline operations any time soon.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Options
    richardw wrote: »

That post is nothing but ill-informed speculation.
  • agarnett
    edited 15 June 2017 at 5:15PM
    Options
    jpsartre wrote:
    richardw wrote:
    That post is nothing but ill-informed speculation.
    Says you.

Have you actually any experience of the systems and analysis of the risks?

My post #76 is written from the point of view of someone with multi-angled experience of aviation operations and of responsibility for accurate security risk assessment - again from a number of angles. I don't claim to be an expert, but I am not a normal observer of what goes on. I am the opposite of what jpsartre wishes he or she could make stick.

My post #76 isn't intended to identify the risks exactly for any old n'er do well to chance their hand at exploiting. It was posted to make people think.

Your purpose. jpsartre, is what?
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    agarnett wrote: »
    I don't claim to be an expert

Indeed.

So what are the risks of a security checked piece of hand luggage being put in the hold?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure