Solarplicity: Add your feedback

Comments

• This is true when using their Website. However if you telephone them on 0333 0044666 you can order Gas only.
    Ah that's a pain - I emailed them asking about this and didn't get a response, so went ahead and switched both G+E despite Electricity being marginally more expensive than Ebico.
  • This is true when using their Website. However if you telephone them on 0333 0044666 you can order Gas only.

I ordered this today.

It must be said, was a little disappointed that when I first called around 09:30 the young lady advised someone would call back, which did NOT happen. After 9 hours wait, I called again around 18:30 and a young lady named Christa was most helpful, took my details and placed the order for me.
    Regards - Mike

Thanks for the advice. I'll give them a ring tomorrow. In fact, I rang them the other day to ask why their gas-only tariff wasn't appearing on their website. I was told by the adviser that someone would call me back but nobody did.
  • I applied to switch to LoCO2 in early April, and did receive a welcome pack quite quickly and after about 3 weeks an email requesting my meter readings, which I supplied on the date requested. I was getting a bit concerned in at the end of May when I hadn't heard anything from LoCO2 or received a final bill from my old supplier (Npower). I emailed LoCO2 (now Solarplicity)on 7th May and did eventually receive a reply on 30th May, which is quite frankly appalling! The email advised that my electricity had been switched over, but due to an "internal error which we have now resolved" my gas had not. The email also asks if would still like my gas switched over, if so to let them know - which I did. After 10 days I heard nothing, so decided to give them a ring today. No problems getting through, only had to wait for about a minute. The adviser at Solarplicity stated that the postcode for my property on the national gas database 'exoserve' was incorrect and that is why my switch had not occured. I chatted with npower who said it was correct. Back to Solarplicity...had they tried to switch the wrong address? No. ***Getting stressed now*** Back to npower who checked the database again and to quote the MPAN number to Solarplicity to see what happens. So i did and.... breakthrough!!! It turns out there are 2 records of my property on the database, one with an incorrect postcode, one with the correct postcode. Hopefully my switch is going through now! So I think Solarplicity definitely need to communicate to customers when there's a potential issue, when switches are complete and reply to emails much quicker. I had no problems with getting through on the phone (Saturday morning), and staff were pleasant.
  • Jules9669
    Jules9669 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Switching to Solarplicity not going well. Gave meter reading on what they said would be switch date 2/6/17, heard nothing since, but both they and old (current?) supplier have taken a direct debit AFTER 2/6/17. Would be cautious about switching unless you are happy and able to pay 2 suppliers for a couple of months until they get their act together
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 June 2017 at 11:25AM
    Jules9669 wrote: »
    Switching to Solarplicity not going well. Gave meter reading on what they said would be switch date 2/6/17, heard nothing since, but both they and old (current?) supplier have taken a direct debit AFTER 2/6/17. Would be cautious about switching unless you are happy and able to pay 2 suppliers for a couple of months until they get their act together

The same situation can apply to almost any supplier, particularly when switching to small suppliers who do often take DD in advance.

If you want to try and avoid this situation, try and stick to the Big 6 only (who may be quite expensive by comparison)

Either way, you will only pay for what you actually consumed - any overpayment will be refunded when the final bill is produced.

Alternatively, choose tariffs that you only pay on receipt of bill - again this may be a more expensive option
  • barmyhead wrote: »
    been comparing elec tarriffs and tried to get a quote from LOCO2 , there website does'nt let you get a quote not the best introduction to a company i have ever had.:(

I did a price comparison on the Cheap Energy's ws and then requested a quote on the Solarplicity's ws. The tariff made no sense. Not only did it calculate my current supplier's rate incorrectly, it also offered a rate which was higher than my current provision yet still quoted a saving of £155 pa!

When I telephoned the company to highlight the discrepancy, the CS sales rep wasn't interested, even though I offered screen shots to illustrate what the problem was. Didn't want to know about it, only wanted to know if I wished to become a customer. This company has just lost a customer.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 June 2017 at 1:54PM
    22blanche wrote: »
    I did a price comparison on the Cheap Energy's ws and then requested a quote on the Solarplicity's ws. The tariff made no sense. Not only did it calculate my current supplier's rate incorrectly, it also offered a rate which was higher than my current provision yet still quoted a saving of £155 pa!

When I telephoned the company to highlight the discrepancy, the CS sales rep wasn't interested, even though I offered screen shots to illustrate what the problem was. Didn't want to know about it, only wanted to know if I wished to become a customer. This company has just lost a customer.

Welcome to MSE :hello:

I'm sorry, I do not understand your post at all

Are you saying the tariff on the MSE CEC website was not the one you were offered on the supplier website?

Are you sre you were looking at the correct one? Was there any other offerings on the supplier website?

If the CEC was wrong too, it does seem surprising that 2 independent websites have made the same error ... but perhaps you should contact the CEC directly if you think their site was wrong too.

You seem to be blaiming the supplier and sayimg they have now lost you, but you joined MSE to post this comment when it's not claer if they have made the same mistake???

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Perhaps if you could advise the usage figures you used we can take a look and see what exactly you are seeing.

Edit:
    Actually your usage is porbably not important for this exercise.
    I have used average figures of 3100kWh electricity and 12500 kWh gas for the Bath supply area.

The CEC says this cost under either the Solarplicity Fair Market Price Variable or Fixed tariffs (they are currently the same) would cost £983pa (£82pm) based on
    3.675p per kWh for gas
    16.905p per kWh for electricity
    (there are no other charges or discounts applicable, except early exit fess apply to the fixed tariff)

The supplier website confirms the same tariff costs and gives the annual cost as £983.43 pa (£81.95pm)

I think you need to double check you have used the correct details in both sites as I don't think anyone beats that for gas and the electricity price is on a par with other suppliers that offer zero standing charges.
    I'm not sure how the tariff makes no sense to you - it is about the simplest tariff you can get.

Good luck!
  • I can't comment on bills yet, as I've only just switched, but I can confirm that the switch was hassle-free, delivered on the date they said (approx 2-3 weeks) and the telephone service has been efficient and helpful - so I definitely recommend Solarplicity thus far. I would've switched to renewables anyway (well, as long as they weren't significantly more expensive than mainstream suppliers, as I live on my own) so I'm delighted to be talking with my wallet. I expect my bills to be cheaper or the same as regular suppliers, so if you're in the same position as me, there's no reason not to switch to renewables. Do it!
  • Anyone received these yet from Solarplicity?

The inticing offer of free LED bulbs was on the website , encouraging consumers to transfer thier electricity accounts to them.

After one phone call and one email I am still waiting,,,,,
  • Switch from BG to Solarplicty this month and encountered no problems whats so ever looking forward to saving money. :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure