The Spreadsheet Diva's MF Diary

Comments

• Lexi-lu
    Lexi-lu Posts: 173 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hello Sue,

I have just been catching up on your diary again - well it is so entertaining and free!:D

Loving your thoughts on only spending on what you value and it's so interesting the way that we all value different things.

Since I started taking care of our pennies at the start of last year I cut out all unnecessary spending to clear the credit card debt, amazing what you can live without. Your comments have made me realise that I am perhaps being a little extreme as I have continued this approach even though we now have some savings.

Thanks for this and I will try to relax a bit and give more thought to what I value.

Well done on the TCB.

Loving your little bunnies by the way.

LL xx
    Mortgage Balance £0
  • SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    PL i have just done the same and used to love accessories, handbags, costume jewellery etc all different for different outfits, until I grew up and got a mortgage now I am lucky if
    I get my hair cut once every 6 months. I do buy high street clothes every season to update my work wardrobe as I go to alot of trade association/professional body conferences etc and #I look 12 years old if I don't power dress.

Nothing wrong with looking 12 :rotfl: at least you won't age :D
    Lexi-lu wrote: »
    Hello Sue,

I have just been catching up on your diary again - well it is so entertaining and free!:D

Loving your thoughts on only spending on what you value and it's so interesting the way that we all value different things.

Since I started taking care of our pennies at the start of last year I cut out all unnecessary spending to clear the credit card debt, amazing what you can live without. Your comments have made me realise that I am perhaps being a little extreme as I have continued this approach even though we now have some savings.

Thanks for this and I will try to relax a bit and give more thought to what I value.

Well done on the TCB.

Loving your little bunnies by the way.

LL xx

Oh LL I am so so so thrilled you find it entertaining, life has been cryingly tough at times and I would hate to come across as a sourpuss.

There have been times when my knickers were 3 years old (not same ones worn for 3 years, I washed 'em :D) My hair wasn't cut for 4 years. I went round with holes in my shoes and prayed it didn't rain.....................over the years I felt I was unworthy of anything................handbags to me are just pure luxury. (Karmacat that's the why) My first one spent the first 6 months of it's life in the wardrobe and every week I would remove it from it's dust bag and stroke it. To get to that point I lived extreme for many many years, don't do what I did, it's even harder to learn to value yourself from that depth.

Find what it is that is important to you and save and buy and save and buy, it's not a fixed thing and it will change as you change but like me, plan for that [STRIKE]snazzy red bag[/STRIKE] thing in those January sales (notice still MSE :D)

Sue x

PS bunnies are apples, I'm teddies :D:D
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    SueP19 wrote: »
    :mad::mad::mad::mad: That is for the Post Office

I moved to PO for telephone and broadband in Jan last year, I should have known leaving would be a nightmare as joining them was horrendous.

They cancelled the order to join them, left me without internet for 3 weeks and then, having offered me a stronger router they told me I was not eligible for one

Fast forward one year..........calls to find out when my contract expires, am I happy with the service, no I said, puts me on hold to find out contact end date, really puts me through to technical!!!! He having listened to me found out that I had signed a new contract in September this year :eek::eek::eek::eek: ER NO

Put me back to customer service, 10th March he says..................so I have a date, will I stay he says................................flippin eck NOOOO what with cashback, prepaid mastercard and M&S vouchers not on your life :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: What do you think I am stupid :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hi Sue, I'm not quite at the end of your diary but couldn't agree with this more! Roll on June when I can leave! Nothing would make me stay.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • CathT
    Just caught up and yo have inspired me to make some short term goals. We are not big earners or overpayers but we are all on the same journey aren't we. Mine is more of a marathon with the occasional distraction!
  • SueP19
    CathT wrote: »
    Just caught up and yo have inspired me to make some short term goals. We are not big earners or overpayers but we are all on the same journey aren't we. Mine is more of a marathon with the occasional distraction!

We are all on the same journey and the end game is the same. I feel like Eddie Izzard multiple marathons :rotfl::rotfl:

Go make your short term goals CathT it can but help

:mad::mad::mad: Lost my memory stick :eek::eek::eek::eek: it has my [STRIKE]life[/STRIKE] banking/budgets on, think I am going to be ill
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • SueP19 wrote: »
    :mad::mad::mad: Lost my memory stick :eek::eek::eek::eek: it has my [STRIKE]life[/STRIKE] banking/budgets on, think I am going to be ill

Keep calm, now when did you last use it and where did you last have it ?? It'll be there somewhere, have you looked and looked again at where you "think" it is/was. Then re-look, most of the time, its always there, its just as we are in a "blind" panic - we don't always "see" it, first time round :)
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • SueP19
    Last in works pc at 5pm last night then dropped into handbag makeup bag

Not in handbag makeup bag this am

Kind work colleague has just suggested that if I didn't sale close to the wind it wouldn't be a problem......................%a$t*^& I didn't need a sanctimonious !!!!! saying things like that. Why oh why does he always take the opportunity to put me down :cry::cry:

Frayed I have lost so many things these last few weeks it's unreal (worryingly unreal)

Not bothered about banking bits but I had lots of copies of letters, mortgage forecasts, spends etc etc :cry:
  • SueP19
    OMG OMG it has all my business templates and record on as well :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • CathT
    You WILL find it.
  • SueP19
    Hope so.....................:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Do you know what I am sick of being treated like I am some criminal because he (work colleague) thinks I am loose with money, I don't ever ever judge people, how dare he, that really hurt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure