IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

READ THIS BEFORE YOU START A NEW THREAD ABOUT ZZPS or DEBT RECOVERY PLUS!

Coupon-mad
Coupon-mad Posts: 130,572
Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
Forumite
edited 1 September 2020 at 7:12PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Please...please... NO NEW THREADS ABOUT ZZPS or DEBT RECOVERY PLUS. NOOOOO!

Yes we know you got a letter like this one...or a Debt Recovery Plus or Zenith version (yawn):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/89511704@N03/8145428304/

...but no we do not need any new threads about it as we can't say the same thing again and again without one of us self-combusting!

You need NO HELP ignoring debt collector letters so do not respond if any poster with less than 1000 posts, contacts you by pm offering to 'help' off-forum. We do not do that and the person could be anyone/from the dark side.

Like all debt collector letter chains - don't start a new thread as these have been discussed to death every week of every month for about a decade. NOT JOKING - ABOUT A DECADE AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED IF YOU'VE MISSED THE APPEAL WINDOW YOU ARE LIKELY TO GET THESE LETTERS.

Not saying for a minute the forum can't help you because it can if you simply READ OTHER THREADS...please...but don't start your own.

Just read post #4 of the Newbies thread which is all about 'ignore the debt collectors' stage. Boring boring boring.

And if you are unconvinced and still itching to ring the idiots, DON'T. DO NOT RING THEM.

Search this forum for the word...'Debt Recovery Plus' or 'Zenith' or 'ZZPS'...(or the name of the debt collector if different) read all the other boring threads...and rinse and repeat and read more. But spare us the new thread please.

New threads about debt collectors clog up what is a parking forum, not a 'oh look I have got the same debt collector letters...so have I...so have I...now what do I do' forum.

There are only so many times we can type the word 'ignore' and post #4 of the Newbies top thread already covers your options...ignore, basically! Any more new threads about the same old thing is pointless.

Thankyou - Happy reading & collecting of the letters. It is amusing when you know what to expect and that it is all hot air!

Finally, 4 important things:

1. - if your PPC is a litigious one like ParkingEye or Excel, then you should not ignore the PPC (ignore DRP though).

2. - if you move house within 6 years, tell the PPC and debt collector by letter, giving them your new address as registered keeper and update your V5 with the DVLA, not just your driving licence address. You do not want to MISS an actual court claim!

3. - if you get a court claim from the parking firm (cannot come from a debt collector!), do not panic.
Do NOT ignore court papers!! Start a new thread if you need to actually defend one of these but not to tell us about debt collector drivel.

4. Debt collectors like Debt Recovery Plus or ZZPS or TNC cannot litigate.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD

Comments

• Rather than posting on the "offending" thread(s), I'll post here, and agree 100% with you, C-M. People normally land here as a result of a Google search (other search engines are available). So the concept of doing a search is not alien. All forums have a search facility, so why not use it.

It's the complete inability to do a small amount of self-help and research that's annoying. I know some are not as skilled in the use of the internet as many others, but there's only so far anyone can go in making those first steps really clear (e.g. signature lines).

Maybe such questions need a curt, but nonetheless helpful response:
    1. Read the NEWBIES sticky thread
    2. Use the search box at the top right to look for similar cases
    3. ONLY having done these, come back with any further questions not already answered.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    The problem is that Google is easy to use , the search facility is idiot proof. But vBulletin is not so easy to use, the search facility is hidden away and people are openly encouraged to open new threads, one thread to one issue.

Now we are saying stop posting new threads because it's repeditive on people who post here, now I'm sorry what do you guys want new threads or people hijacking threads ? It's all well and good saying read the sticky thread before posting , but take a look at the search on Google below, it takes you directly to threads on mse not the homepage of the forum

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en-GB&source=hp&q=Rossendales+excel&gbv=2&oq=Rossendales+excel&gs_l=heirloom-hp.3..0i22i30.1278.16444.0.17044.17.13.0.4.4.0.152.1669.0j13.13.0....0...1ac.1.34.heirloom-hp..0.17.1724.nh6QjMXI9eQ

I'm for giving friendly advice to people, and I'm sorry but without the sarcasm and condescending manner, we are driving people away from the forum by doing this, we are losing people to the scammers each time it's done. We need to engage people properly on here, the enemy are the PPCs and those who ensure that they have a business in terrorising motorists like the bpa , ipc and dvla
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Kathy535
    Kathy535 Posts: 464
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I'm one of the people who started a new thread about Rossendales. I searched, read through some of the existing posts and decided they didn't fit my situation (pre-POPLA). I posted on someone else's thread who had the same issue and was told off for not starting my own thread. I started my own thread, someone else with the same issue posted and was, again, told off for not starting their own thread. So, I'd suggest that you are being rather harsh here.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Kathy535 wrote: »
    I'm one of the people who started a new thread about Rossendales. I searched, read through some of the existing posts and decided they didn't fit my situation (pre-POPLA). I posted on someone else's thread who had the same issue and was told off for not starting my own thread. I started my own thread, someone else with the same issue posted and was, again, told off for not starting their own thread. So, I'd suggest that you are being rather harsh here.

It may seem that way, but please believe that we are on your side.

Just look at how many current threads there are , say over the last 3 days.

If people looked to see if any others were covering the same matters, then there would be fewer.

Would you prefer that regulars on here, all suffering from Groundhog day, just ignored you and didn't post at all? That's easily arranged.

But we try, sometimes a bit "to the point", but at least we care and, if you genuinely have anything you don't understand, just look through any of the posts to see the track record of the people you think are being nasty.

Now, put that aside. Having read the advice about what to read, are you satisfied or are you still wanting further advice? If the latter, then go back to your original post, and ask the question. The very people you thing are internet bullies or similar will guide you and, frankly, there is no place better to get help.
  • Stroma
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    But it's not Groundhog Day to the people posting here, it's unique to them, and if they are asking questions it's because they need further assistance or are unsure how to proceed.

When you look at the subject matter it's boring, and the questions and answers are frankly boring, and the people involved in parking (PPCs , dvla etc) are boring, it's not going to exactly get really interesting on an intellectual basis any time soon.

So the reason to do it simply to save people money, and to help them deal with the situation. I don't do it for entertainment I have football and beer for that ;) but today for example I can't go anywhere with the kids as it's tipping down, so will spend more time on here as I'm bored
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
  • Hot_Bring
    Hot_Bring Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    So I come back from a relaxing couple of weeks in French France and loads of regulars seem to be grumpy - what the hell has gone on in the few weeks ?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,287
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    I've created this special google search for them to click

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=moneysavingexpert.com%2Brossendales
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Kathy535 wrote: »

On any thread about any debt collector the advice is to ignore the debt collector
    On any pre-popla thread the advice is to ignore anything but a LBCC

It really can't be any clearer.

I do agree that telling people to search is a bit pointless, any search on Rossendales just finds threads saying 'do a search' but this is the fault of the people who don't read the newbies thread.

Maybe crabman can be persuaded to lock any new debt-collector threads with a link to the newbies sticky, specifically the how to deal with debt collectors part.
  • Stroma
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    Crabman is a forum guide and not a moderator so cannot lock threads as he doesn't have the permission to do so.

But the real problem is that the sticky thread doesn't work, and before you have a go, try doing a search on Google where it comes up. The only way to get a ranking there is by having a dedicated thread for each post in the sticky thread. But then that generates problems, like the subject goes out of date.

So there are no easy answers , if mse actually kept up on the subject then they could do it, but we are just one section of a website that has hundreds, so the staff is not there to spend on the quickly changing subject of parking.
  • Kathy535
    Kathy535 Posts: 464
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Didn't mean to suggest that anyone was being a bully, just that conflicting advice was being given - apologies if I've ruffled anyone's feathers. But Stroma is right, it's not Groundhog Day to us, it's all new and very worrying, ignoring debt collectors feels counter-intuitive and while it might be there in black and white in the stickies sometimes we need reassurance that this is the right thing to do!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback