A real work at home job

Comments

• kammyka,

I'm sure you won't need a static IP address - they are very expensive compared to dynamic IP addresses.

If you are using a router then try configuring it to assign the IP address.
    Also make sure the router is allowing DCHP, DNS is set to auto and the IP range is over 200.

If your not using a router then the best I can offer is to reboot the your modem and computer. Always the first thing to try with Windows!
  • lovi
    lovi Posts: 6 Forumite
    thank you paulk
    can you please tell me if i use a really long ethernet cable ,say 15meters will that slow my connection to the point where it will affect my work. the thing is my virgin media box is in the living room and i will have to alternate where i work depending on the noise at home so i'll also have to work form the bedroom.any suggestion apart from a long cable as i've been told that it will slow down my connection.
  • Oliver27
    Oliver27 Posts: 608
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    lovi wrote: »
    thank you paulk
    can you please tell me if i use a really long ethernet cable ,say 15meters will that slow my connection to the point where it will affect my work. the thing is my virgin media box is in the living room and i will have to alternate where i work depending on the noise at home so i'll also have to work form the bedroom.any suggestion apart from a long cable as i've been told that it will slow down my connection.

No thats fine you can use upto 100m on ethernet without any problems
  • Oliver27
    Oliver27 Posts: 608
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    kammyk wrote: »
    I fixed that problem and now I have another! :(

I get to the workbooth screen and it says

"the following network problems were detected:
    DCHP-unable to obtain IP addresss"

What do I do? I think I need a Static IP address but how do I get one of those?

I have just phoned up AOL and they say they dont offer static ip addresses :(

Please Help!

Kammy, are you using a ethernet cable not usb conection?
  • is anyone having trouble booking a work booth session ??
  • Jenny,

What exactly do you mean?
  • kammyk
    kammyk Posts: 180 Forumite
    Oliver27 wrote: »
    Kammy, are you using a ethernet cable not usb conection?

Hi Oliver,

I am using an ethernet cable. I cant see a usb connection on my router.

What do you recommend I do? I am actually connected to the internet via the router, right now using just the ethernet cable that is connected to the router, So why is it preventing me to get a IP when im using the workbooth software?

I really appreciate everyones help.

Thanks
  • PaulK_3
    PaulK_3 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    Because the workbooth CD runs on linux, does the workbooth CD fail to load after that? Are you running it on a laptop or desktop PC?
  • kammyk
    kammyk Posts: 180 Forumite
    PaulK wrote: »
    Because the workbooth CD runs on linux, does the workbooth CD fail to load after that? Are you running it on a laptop or desktop PC?

I am using a laptop, with windows vista installed. The workbooth CD still seems to work work I can get into the firefox browser but i just get told "the following network problems were detected: dchp -unable to obtain ip address"
  • when you have run the workbooth cd and then in the handbook you have to go to www.workbooth.info and click on calender and pick a date and then it should give you a password and a telephone number and mine doesnt seem to do that does yours let u ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure