Iresa complaints - WARNING

Legacy_user
Legacy_user Posts: 0 Newbie
MoneySavingExpert.com Insert 27 July 2018:

Iresa has ceased trading. Read our news story for what to do if you're affected:

Energy firm Iresa ceases trading - here's what it means for customers

Back to the original post...

---

If you don't want to read or believe some of the complaints listed on here from Iresa customers then just check what the regulator Ofgem thinks. Complaints about Iresa were so numerous that the regulator has forced them to close their doors to new customers because their customer service is so poor.

Why? You can spend in excess of an hour on hold just waiting to get through to speak to customer services and then you discover that customer services only take messages which they pass on to other departments. This means even if you are proactively trying to resolve an issue or amend a direct debit, customer services cannot help and will only pass a message on to other departments. Therefore its impossible to resolve anything by phone. You can send a message online or by email but the responses I've had seem to obfiscate or don't answer the question. So you wait several days and even weeks for a reply that makes no sense or intentionaly avoids the issue and you are left to either call in and wait ages on hold or send another message and just go around and around around....

The main issue is the way they have set up both their customer servcie system and computer system. It seems to force its own employees into being unable to help or make it very difficult to find help or resolve issues. My latest 'march bill' dated 12th March is for usage in January (1st to 31st Jan). Thats six weeks after I gave the metre reading.

Cheap...yes. But wait until there is a billing mistake, or no bill, or you want to amend a direct debit or switch supplier... Then you are in for a really bad experience. They refused my Mother swithing to another energy supplier even though she owed £12 because the last metre reading took her account into debt by that amount even though her direct debit would have left her in credit the following day and would have automatically covered this... But they just don't bother to check things like this.

Iresa is one of those companies that is only interested in taking your money. Save yourself the hassle... If you have any doubts don't do it.

The regulator got caught sleeping on this one in my opinion. Too little..too late.

Comments

• G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Not sure of the relevance of this on a board devoted to LPG, oil and solid fuel etc.....
  • We have moved out of my house a month ago and gave final meter readings to IRESA and cancelled the direct debit. New buyers are due to move in two weeks. I've just had a bill with estimated readings and my meter readings haven't been updated and I'm not paying an estimated bill. From the last meter reading I gave they ahve us using over 1000 units even though it's been empty!

I won't be paying any bill until it reflects the meter readings. I suspect it will be in credit and they will need to send me money. I'm not hopeful of ever seeing this!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure