Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• scamps1966
    scamps1966 Posts: 5,648 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    emmad5689 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me how yopmail works please??

It's a disposable email. Make up anything @yopmail.com When you check, forward it to your own email and print. HTH. :)
  • mhoc wrote: »
    Eldest son and his GF had endless moving in issues with their flat, finally moved in 2 days after the original move in date only to find that it had not been professionally cleaned - ie unclean look, dirty work surfaces, dirty oven etc

So they reported all of the issues online again.

On Sunday afternoon we had been there for the day and we came back from town to find the cleaners had arrived - ie 4 days after moving in day. The cleaners did not know the flat was already occupied and the agency had not emailed to say the cleaners were arriving on Sunday afternoon.
    The cleaners were very nice and asked GF what she wanted doing in particular - she said bathroom, oven etc and they said they would also deal with the dust on the very high ceilings
    So the cleaners were in for 3 hours that Sunday afternoon - and still the oven wasn't cleaned

The previous tenant left a bin bag which contained dirty and soiled bedding and instead of this being disposed of it was listed on the inventory :mad:

I would quote Di in as well but on previous page.

As some might know my last home was rented and owned by the notorious Wilsons. It might have been their house but it was my home.
    It was easier to do odd issues myself and after bottom surfing down the stairs on more than one occasion due to worn threadbare carpet I recarpeted the stairs and 3 bedrooms. I did think about keeping old carpets and putting back when I left but too much hassle. I painted to my taste and replaced all light fittings.
    All upgrades I left when I moved out (I had expected to live there a few more years ) I had the house repainted in magnolia, the oven professionally cleaned and also the house. I was pertrified of them sending baliffs knocking on my door with ridiculous demands for money as read of people being sued £5k because they had a guarantor and it was though guarantor had money so would pay up.
    As it was I moved out 2 days before they sold the portfolio and had my full deposit back the same day.

What I am trying to say is document the dirty oven then get it cleaned yourself. Send bill in and might get lucky, if not what is £35 to have a sparkling oven to cook great meals in. Di it might be worth finding and ordering the coals for the fire yourself. It would make it useable which might keep heating bills down.
    If LL doesn't pay for oven clean then leave dirty when you go, If they don't pay for coals then don't leave them.

These things are really small and no point getting upset over.

I always loved and looked after my rented homes and did what was needed to enjoy my time in them.
    Their house My home.

I hope you understand what I mean.

V x
    fairclaire wrote: »
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back :)

May the odds be ever in your favour;)

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    scamps1966 wrote: »
    It's a disposable email. Make up anything @yopmail.com When you check, forward it to your own email and print. HTH. :)

I print from yopmail :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Just made enormous beef stew using up all the different root veg that was lurking in little bags in the freezer. Lots of parsnips, as when I buy them fresh to roast I only use the top end, the tails go into a freezer bag for stocks, stews and casseroles.

It's made 4 lots, I just had one lot, the other 3 are cooling and will be frozen later. I now have 6 identifiable easy dinners for the week ahead so no need to buy meat yet...
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• bubbs
    Just made enormous beef stew using up all the different root veg that was lurking in little bags in the freezer. Lots of parsnips, as when I buy them fresh to roast I only use the top end, the tails go into a freezer bag for stocks, stews and casseroles.

It's made 4 lots, I just had one lot, the other 3 are cooling and will be frozen later. I now have 6 identifiable easy dinners for the week ahead so no need to buy meat yet...

Hope you had a dumping too:D i lovvvveeeeee dumplings :rotfl:
  • bubbs
    Actually you know when you freeze the snips, do you blanch or just chuck em in?
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 13 October 2016 at 7:15PM
    bubbs wrote: »
    Actually you know when you freeze the snips, do you blanch or just chuck em in?

I have never blanched anything in my life... :eek:

No dumplings. I don't like them. Will have with jacket potato, or roast or mashed potato, or crusty bread, or maybe even wedges.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• bubbs
    I have never blanched anything in my life... :eek:

No dumplings. I don't like them. Will have with jacket potato, or roast or mashed potato, or crusty bread, or maybe even wedges.

Well i havent blanched anything either but wasnt sure about snips, i like them hubby dont and usually buy a packet as cheaper:money:
    I usually have a slice of bread but no potatoes
  • bcw123
    bcw123 Posts: 980 Forumite
    evening My wife (who is Thai) has just returned home from work and I have had to tell her her King passed away today not a happy household
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure