PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• Last night was lasagne and garlic bread, followed by chocolate eclairs. Tonight will either be beef brisket or scampi, chips and salad.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Big old beef stew and dumplings ;) using a brisket joint from freezer stash

Really looking forward to it, using GF flour for dumplings for first time, hope my tummy survives :)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • metherer wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Steamed Romanesco
    Steamed Kalettes
    leftover mustard sauce (a roux of butter and wholemeal flour, with milk, wholegrain mustard, and a suspicion of cheese cooked into it)

Rather tasty.

hello, I've seen these kalettes thingies in the shops, do I just steam them? are they a bit like cabbage/sprouts? I quite like cabbage stir fried in a tiny bit of butter, would they work like that?
    lunch today is baked leftover spuds from yesterday, carrots and peas, and something i'll find in the freezer, possibly sausages. gravy might be needed too.
  • Treat them like you would purple sprouting broccoli or brussels sprouts and they should be tasty!

Lunch today will be pasta with a pea and bacon sauce and parmesan cheese and supper tonight will be smashed avocado on toast with poached eggs and roasted cherry vine tomatoes followed by apple strudel and cream, yummy!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Just finished chopping the mushrooms, peppers and onions for one of my favourite meals - tuna risotto.
    And the OH cooks it. :T
  • Tonight we'll be having roast chicken, roast potatoes, carrots, baby corn, mange tout, hm stuffing balls and gravy. There'll be plenty of meat left for a sandwich/roll for lunch and for a pie tomorrow night.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Tonight should have been something with beef mince, but too fatigued to make something, plan B will be cold roast gammon, vegetables and parsley sauce (LO), beef will then be for tomorrow and a portion for the freezer.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Hmmm,turns out what I thought was a joint of pork was actually three chops. However they have gone in the roasting bag with the marinade (which was supposed to be sprinkled but had actually somewhat solidified....whoops!) and is now in the oven low and slow. No idea if these will work as pulled pork...watch this space.

Also cut up the offending rump steak from Xmas and put it in a dish with some stout, cranberry and port, a bouquet garni and a slug of Worcester sauce, with a dollop of marmite. Couldn't be arrised to add any onions ...although these are some in the casserole mix I have in the freezer, I might pick some of those out later and pop them in for flavour. Goodness knows how it will turn out.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Tonight we are having roast lamb, roast potatoes, broccoli, carrots and peas with Yorkshires and mint sauce.
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • H/M shepards pie and veggies.
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback