May the (NST) force be with you

Options

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Our trip to Lidl was very successful. As well as saving on the kitchen foil and washing gel we got some YS meat which is now a goulash for tomorrow's dinner. Also saved lots on chicken for son's sandwiches for next few weeks. Might go back tomorrow and see if there is anything left - we use loads of washing gel and foil.
    Other than that it's been a quiet day if you don't count the little ones running in and out wanting C to come out and play with them.
    So today I'm grateful for getting a bargain on items that I use a lot and the little ones making me laugh.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am happy to report that today has been a NSD :j:j:j:j I'm at a whopping 1/16 NSD. Must, must, must do better next week and try and claw it back!

I'm exhausted - not left the house but I have cleaned every room today. It's taken me hours - I thought it wouldn't take too long as I followed flylady thread this week! I. Happy with it though - nearly got my 10,000 steps cleaning alone!

I've also set a stretch target for shopping this month. £180 instead of £250 - this is so that unexpected spends from last month can even out. We do shopping once a week and I've worked out we have £35 a week for rest of the month. Bit depressing because we have nothing in the feeezer now and Tom gets super grumpy if he gets no meat!

Although I've done my gratefuls this morning I'm also grateful for my sparkling clean house. Also, the fact that I had the effort to not stop at one room!

Off to update my signature :D
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yesterday was a spend day as went out for colleagues leaving do.

Today has been a NSD, DH has taken relative to a day off jazz so I have been pottering around all day. will be collecting them shortly.

Today I am grateful for:
    1. Villages putting on amazing music
    2. Being brave enough to start my seedlings off (usually DH does it as I don't think I will do it right but I have been mentioning it for ages and he hasn't done it so while he's out I did it)
    3. Home made pork curry (tasted amazing)
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone.

Tired today after walk yesterday but cleared out fridge and went out did food shopping also some plants, canes and decking paint. Spendy day.

Decking cleaned and painted 1 tin used up. Will do another coat in the week as it's 2 years since I last did it. Got another tin of paint. Pleased looks ace.

Also potted some tubs up and planted sweet peas in tubs. Just love the smell, hope its not too cold at night for them. Put in sheltered spot.

Tomorrow NT garden with grandkids, take some picnic with us. Hopeful of a SFD. More walking amazed I did 9k steps just in my small garden today running up and down to garage.

Laughing at Mothernerd perched on her chaise lounge.

Grateful for no rain whilst painting. However having to water garden lots and my water butts are dried up.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Today I'm grateful for a NSD (3/16), a long day at work being over, being able to earn some extra cash, a yummy fry up at lunch time and another lovely sunny day.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nearly a SFD but ended up having a takeaway. However I won't beat myself as I used to have 3+ a week and now I doubt I have one every other month.

Had a busy day, clearing my gran's old house and starting coursework moderation work. I need to think of the money as working 7 days a week for the next 3 months is going to be tiring (I'm only on the second week!)

Today I am grateful for:-
    - my lovely parents going out of their way to help me today
    - a new to me washing machine, from my gran's
    - a family who generally get on
    - my sister buying me my favourite drink
    - the company of my boys (dogs & cat!)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • pippy1971
    pippy1971 Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did my weekly shopping today so another spend day :o Went to Aldi and Lidl and stuck to my list. My Dad gave me some petrol money so that was an unexpected (and much appreciated) surprise.

Abundant1972 I'm loving the penny a day challenge too - nowhere near your total yet, but very motivated to stick to it for once...

f0xh0les Worse than the toilet roll for me is when they use the last of a multipack of crisps and leave the empty bag in the larder... In fact it's not just crisps -anything that comes in a box or packet. Lollies, biscuits, cat food. With toilet rolls I find them balanced on the empty tube which is still on the toilet roll holder :mad: How they don't end up down the toilet I don't know...

I've kept up with the exercise and was doing well with the drier but did come home from shopping to find OH had put it on... swiftly rescued everything from the drier and hung it on some airers -still waiting for good drying weather.

Unfortunately I am still languishing on 1 NSD :eek:

Today I am grateful for spending time with my Dad, getting most of my ironing done and having such happy children :j
    NST June 2017: Jiggle Free June ..number 18
    The 365 day penny challenge £49.89
    1 debt vs 100 days challenge 26... #2
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Mothernerd - youmay be on the naughty chaise longue, but I envisage you dressed elegantly doing your cross stitch whilst there!

Thank you.

A NSD for me.

Today I am grateful for good drying weather, for food from the fridge and freezer and for embroidery.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    swimminginaseaofdebt Posts: 942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 May 2017 at 12:26AM
    Options
    Evening everyone,

Have been to see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 at the cinema tonight. Thought it was good but the first was better. Went to Nandos beforehand bringing my total spends for the month up to £85.16/£310 so far.

Sold one of the little one’s toys today for £10 so paid a bit of my debt off with that.

Also found 10p roadkill, have popped it into my pot of change.

Today I am grateful for: a lift home after the cinema, continuing good weather and free money.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    pippy1971 wrote: »
    With toilet rolls I find them balanced on the empty tube which is still on the toilet roll holder :mad: How they don't end up down the toilet I don't know...

This!!! I found this yesterday morning in the boys' bathroom! Just WHY???????:mad::rotfl:

Had to go clothes shopping for DS2 yesterday - had TD'd a couple of pairs of casual trousers when we had the bad weather the previous week (after checking the label and doing them on low heat ss it said) - they'd shrunk and he couldn't get them on properly :mad: His joggers were also getting a bit short, so a trip to A5da = 3 pairs of casual trousers and a pair of joggers and a new tshirt for both him and DS3 (they do wear lots of hand me downs, so I don't mind really...) 'Shrunken' trousers now boxed up ready for DS3 - they're both quite new and only been worn a handful of times :(

Picked up a couple of needed food items whilst in A5da - and also some YS deals - 2 x boxed Indian meals for 2 @ £2.48 each - contained 2 curries, 2 naans, 4 bhajis and pilau rice - fed OH, myself and two hungry teens for a Saturday night curry for less than a fiver between us - great deal! :money::D Also picked up YS sticky bbq ribs (now in the freezer for DS1), eggs and spinach.

Yesterday's thankfulness:
    * dry weather to get washing line-dried
    * bargainacious YS curry meal deals :D
    * DS1 and his gf looking after DS2 and 3 whilst we went looking at a new kitchen and A5da shopping - so much easier without small people in tow!
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport