You have not been scammed/ripped off by Ryanair if...

Options

Comments

• alanrowell
    alanrowell Posts: 5,365 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    20) Only one bag per person is permitted as hand luggage. This includes children, but not infants.
    So how many infants can you have as hand luggage?
  • PolishBigSpender
    Options
    alanrowell wrote: »
    So how many infants can you have as hand luggage?

As many as you can fit into your bag, obviously ;)
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
  • wardhart
    Options
    Just read your list of Ryanair rules and disgusting charges and would like to add another. Be careful when you book your flight and don't print off your boarding card at home until you are absolutely sure you won't have to change the flight. I found out the hard way being sensible I printed my boarding pass a full 15 days ahead as is allowed. Unfortunately I needed to change my flight a week before I was due to fly and found that I was not allowed to use my original outgoing flight fare against the new one booked as by printing my online boarding pass, I had, in their rules checked in on the flight. SO BEWARE! you can leave it till 4 hrs before you go if you are brave enough. Then of course on top of losing my outgoing fare I had to pay an extra £35 per person to change flight - this went up this week from £25 per person.
    p.s. thanks for all your other advice.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    As many as you can fit into your bag, obviously ;)

As long as that bag fits within the prescribed limits and weights! ;)

We could make a song out of this ... :p
    Gone ... or have I?
  • PolishBigSpender
    PolishBigSpender Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    edited 11 June 2009 at 12:26AM
    Options
    wardhart wrote: »
    Just read your list of Ryanair rules and disgusting charges and would like to add another. Be careful when you book your flight and don't print off your boarding card at home until you are absolutely sure you won't have to change the flight. I found out the hard way being sensible I printed my boarding pass a full 15 days ahead as is allowed. Unfortunately I needed to change my flight a week before I was due to fly and found that I was not allowed to use my original outgoing flight fare against the new one booked as by printing my online boarding pass, I had, in their rules checked in on the flight. SO BEWARE! you can leave it till 4 hrs before you go if you are brave enough. Then of course on top of losing my outgoing fare I had to pay an extra £35 per person to change flight - this went up this week from £25 per person.
    p.s. thanks for all your other advice.

No no, thank you for supplying me with more material, particularly for the first section ;)

dmg24 - Only if we can sell it to go towards paying some of these 'disgusting' charges for people? ;)

Come on people, surely we can hit the magic 50...only three more 'disgusting ripoff scams' to go!
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
  • mira666
    mira666 Posts: 236 Forumite
    Options
    You have not been scammed if - your flight is cancelled and Ryanair don't put you up in a hotel for the night or offer you free food and drink

personal experience here lol

brilliant topic PBS
    Cambridgeshire Based Photographer

Positive thinking will get you everywhere
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sturll wrote: »
    Excellent post PBS.

As part of the tips section i suggest you add about looking where the airport is.

I seem to remember hearing some of Ryanair's airports are up to 100km away from the city it purports to fly to.

London Stansted, London Luton and London Gatwick are 56, 51 and 45kms from Central London repectively, so maybe not just Ryanair that have imaginative names for their destinations !!
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No 49, The alleged £1 a minute charge to call customer services, actually quoted as 10p/min but often inflated to £1/min in posts
  • Moonchild
    Moonchild Posts: 802 Forumite
    Options
    This is the best thread ever, well done, should be stickied, and capable of answering any Ryanair question ever.

Also with regard to the airport location the following 'scam' should be taken into account:

"The only way to get to Ryanair's airport (i.e. Treviso - Venice amongst many!) was by taxi or Ryanair's own bus, which was so expensive by the time i'd added this 'compulsory' charge (as so many of Ryanair's airports are not connected by decent public transport) it would have been cheaper to fly BA / BMI or a proper airline etc".

Also, is there anyway to work in 'For the 100th time, and no matter what the publicity machine Michael O'Leary says, Ryanair will NOT be charging for the toilet as they know that 40 !!!!ed stags will merely urinate on their seats, a lot more expensive overall'!
  • benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pompeyrich wrote: »
    No 49, The alleged £1 a minute charge to call customer services, actually quoted as 10p/min but often inflated to £1/min in posts

The £1/min number is their "Internet support" (whatever that means)number. Last time I called the customer services number almost all of the options took you to a recorded message telling you to call the £1/min number instead. I guess this is why it's mentioned so much in posts.

My top tip would be that if you do actually need to talk to Ryanair (and bear in mind almost all queries and operations can be handled through the website), you should look up the customer services number for "Rest of the World". This is a standard landline in Ireland, so it can be called for next to nothing using a discount calls provider (see the International Callchecker on this site). The current number is +353 1 2480856, but it changes from time to time so it's best to get it from Ryanair's site.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills