PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Tuesday 17th April 2018

13»

Comments

• TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,675 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 April 2018 at 11:56AM
    I am envious of those of you with access to a good surgery. I tried and tried and tried to get through at 8.30. Eventually a recorded message said if you require a visit for an emergency press 1. If you require an emergency appointment for today press 2. For anything else ring back after 10.30!! DD decided she would go in on her way from school and see if any better luck. She had! A cancellation at 9.40 if she wanted to wait! By then her eyes had joined the rest of the red and itching symptoms. The doc thinks it's a bad virus and prescribed different anti h's and cream and see how she goes but warned her it may take some time to clear. Where have all these viruses come from that keep bombarding us these days!

Plasterer arrived dead on 8.00 and labouring away. A bit quieter than yesterday's electrician until he mixes more plaster.

I've just got a pile of Mr TA's shirts ironed and put away and he has finally agreed that he should really part with some of the older ones. I have been hounding him for years to prune them! Some of them date back donkey's years and he never wears them so why has he wanted to keep them I ask!

Take care all xx ps SNOOZER just read your post about Tom Kerridge. I intended to watch that and forgot about it. So thanks for the reminder!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Back home from the hospital... three puncture marks in my arms and they had to take it out of my hand in the end which is aching already.

Made headway with upstairs but i now want to sleep. :(
  • Good afternoon everyone,

Lovely warm & sunny here in France :) DH was up at 8:00 to feed DSis’s two cats - apparently very misty :eek: He then did a bakery run - croissants & pain au raisin :T DSis was up & at ‘em early today but ashamed to say I was woken up at 11:00 by DH with a cup of tea :T Then he & my DSis did a Tip run - a dozen more bags & lots of small electricals & angling bits. :j Now have a clear hallway :T

Thank you all for your kind wishes re my hand - I was very good last night - put on one of those disposable gloves & did the washing up & dried the crockery & cutlery - however I now have a fear of washing glasses :rotfl:

Holly, I cannot express how happy I am that you have such a kind & caring doctor. Let us hope that he is successful - he really sounds like he doesn’t suffer fools gladly :T

silver-oldie, my heart goes out to you. I have no experience of this sort of thing, but perhaps if you think about what you would like if you were in your DM’s position? Feel free to tell me off if I have overstepped!

DSis & my DH have been shopping - I will be cooking dinner tonight :) They also bought some wheelie crates so I will be packing DM’s Italian crockery which I have requested. It will replace my Mr A crockery which will be donated to cs :)

Hope everyone has a good afternoon & evening & that the promised mini heatwave makes it to all corners of the U.K. & beyond.

See you soon

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure