NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    mapk wrote: »
    Yeah, you'd have thought they'd have a dedicated team for each task, eh. Apparently it was Carol's week off and they couldn't get anyone to cover on the switchboard. :rotfl:

If they really have been doing this manually and working from spreadsheets, then if Chris in the call centre kept phoning Pat on the switching team to see if the caller was on the list waiting to be processed, then it would have slowed down the processing, even if Pat didn't take the call.

:rotfl:
  • NJA22
    NJA22 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well, having told I had not met the criteria yesterday evening. I spoke to someone in the current accounts department who went through the criteria and told me I should be eligible for the switching bonus and that a case handler will call me in 5 working days.
    Love the consistency...
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    One organisation I worked for would even get the Directors answering calls if the need arose. :)

That takes me back. An organisation I was working from many years ago was in trouble, and we were all working seven days a week to try to clear a backlog. Our Director came in and we got him folding letters and stuffing envelopes. I think it was all we trusted him to do!

We stopped answering the phones completely for a while. It was counter-productive. Far better to have staff dealing with the problem than just talking to customers.
  • matrix999
    matrix999 Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 April 2018 at 1:30PM
    Options
    Just had a read through NatWest Twitter... Some replies from NatWest advise the payment of £125 will be made today other replies say its still being investigated.

What a shambles!!!

***** That Tweet about it being paid today has now been removed..
  • MDMD
    MDMD Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 14 April 2018 at 1:44PM
    Options
    matrix999 wrote: »
    Just had a read through NatWest Twitter... Some replies from NatWest advise the payment of £125 will be made today other replies say its still being investigated.

What a shambles!!!

***** That Tweet about it being paid today has now been removed..

https://mobile.twitter.com/NatWest_Help/status/985131519491665920

This is an example of the shambles - when someone tweeted them to ask where the money is, the reply was sorry that our app is not working :rotfl:

They are not helping themselves by posting:
    We have no timescale at the moment but once we receive correspondence from the investigating team we will notify customers that have contacted us and update them regarding the credit.

This is implying that if you do not chase you do not get, thereby potentially increasing the amount of contact they are getting!
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    MDMD wrote: »
    This is an example of the shambles - when someone tweeted them to ask where the money is, the reply was sorry that our app is not working
    They actually said:- "We're aware of some issues on our mobile app service and are working hard to fix them."

I think what they mean is that there was an issue with people who used the app (rather than online banking) to access their account to meet that criteria for getting the payment.

You either had to log on to online banking or mobile banking... it sounds like some people who logged in to mobile banking (only) might not have had that fact recognised by the bonus eligibility checking process.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • knack92
    knack92 Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    They actually said:- "We're aware of some issues on our mobile app service and are working hard to fix them."

I think what they mean is that there was an issue with people who used the app (rather than online banking) to access their account to meet that criteria for getting the payment.

You either had to log on to online banking or mobile banking... it sounds like some people who logged in to mobile banking (only) might not have had that fact recognised by the bonus eligibility checking process.

I think they just replied to the wrong tweet. There was issues with the app for a couple of hours last night:

“Sorry if you had trouble getting into Mobile Banking between 19:15 - 21:15. Our service is now running as normal, thanks for your patience.”
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    It is not just the mobile app. They have had loads of problem with giving the bonus to people for online banking. My dad did not get his bonus.

He has raised a complaint and I expect him to get compensation.

He will be leaving as soon as he gets the bonus,.
  • older_wiser
    older_wiser Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nick_C wrote: »
    Absolute nonsense. People were calling NatWest before the deadline had been reached, wasting their time, clogging up the phone lines, and possibly slowing down the processing of the outstanding payments as well.

you say nonsense but if people had made enquiries regarding the switch it might have led natwest to realise they weren't going to make the deadline of friday. i haven't even contacted them yet i'll do so on monday but i stand by my comment that the naysayers helped natwest cause this problem as they were advising people not to make contact something that now most sensible people would realise was a mistake.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    It is not just the mobile app. They have had loads of problem with giving the bonus to people for online banking. My dad did not get his bonus.

He has raised a complaint and I expect him to get compensation.

He will be leaving as soon as he gets the bonus,.

Maybe worth sharing the three or so incentives you have been paid!! unless this is an exaggeration just like getting the incentive weeks before anyone else.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing