Travelling On

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Glad you're solvent KC :j :j Good job we all have a lot of practice with MSE style spending I say :D

Hope you manage to get out in the garden for a bit today if that's on your plan :j Sun shone here for a few minutes this afternoon :j :j Most exciting :D
    Thanks Cheery! Yes, the happy-ever-after scenario depends on MSE style spending, exactly :) which is fine. I also intend to go back to organic for a few foods - eggs, for instance, and honey. Maybe oats too, for the first time. With my slightly iffy health levels, I think its a worthwhile investment.
    greent wrote: »
    I've got the blog address still, if you'd like it PM'd, Kc. No new posts though. And Squirrel's not been active on here for almost 2 months :( x
    Yes please, greent, I can't find it now. People drift away from mse sometimes, rather than making a decision to go, and really, it's okay - she's living her life, I think :j
    ZTD wrote: »
    But wouldn't that make it the posh end at that juncture? ;)
    Oi! Bad Z!! ;)

In all seriousness, when my brother drove me about on that tour of the family (genealogy) houses last year, I was shocked. On Rightmove, you can see perfectly nice interiors that would fit in anywhere in the country, but the areas ... acres and acres and years and years of under investment, so that building sites are left with piles of rubble surrounded by wire fences, main roads ribboned with closed little shops. My brother didn't want me to get out of the car, and I agreed with him.

My equvalent here down south is the town near the local airport - a whole neighbourhood of new build apartments, which look lovely. My niece was told not to buy there by a friendly local estate agent because of the drug culture there. When an estate agent says "don't buy the properties I'm offering", you're wise to take notice....
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hope squirrel is ok. I was gutted when my diaries were deleted. Hopefully she's on holiday somewhere.

Mse ways can't be too bad if you are a millionaire!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • Karmacat
    Right, I'm off out for the afternoon, so this morning, just a few little tasks - checking bank accounts, clean shopping to put away, I have SB chunnering away in the background. I'm definitely catching up on my sleep, which I'm ecstatic about.

:j
  • michelle09
    michelle09 Posts: 912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Wow, if the EAs tell you not to buy, I'd run for the hills!

Have a great day, enjoy the sleep. :)
  • Karmacat
    earthgirl wrote: »
    Hope squirrel is ok. I was gutted when my diaries were deleted. Hopefully she's on holiday somewhere.
    I hope so too.
    Mse ways can't be too bad if you are a millionaire!
    I'm starting to get quite upset at the subtext of this particular sort of 'millionaire' comment, earthgirl, and wishing I'd never mentioned the spreadsheet results on here. As I'm not a millionaire, I've been "replying" and then deleting for about half an hour now, but instead I'm taking a leaf from edinburgher's book, specifically the wording at the beginning of this post: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74085088&postcount=657
    please lets leave it at that.
    michelle09 wrote: »
    Wow, if the EAs tell you not to buy, I'd run for the hills!

Have a great day, enjoy the sleep. :)
    Thanks michelle - and yep, its an eye opener about what the EA said, isn't it - thank heavens he was ethical enough to speak up.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Oh dear KC I quite see where you are coming from.

On a lighter note shall I bore you with my gardening to do list?

Bought and awaiting planting 4 pots mini daffodils, 2 pots of white bulbs ? name, something I had not heard of before, 20 of Pippi's white things and 4 packets of summer bulbs I rashly bought when out and about recently.

The problem bit is that I have 2 appointments today, including hair cut and colour, 2 tomorrow, 1 plus knit n natter on Wednesday and we should be going away in the caravan on Thursday, with clothes to pack, food to organise etc.

I think that I have rather overstretched myself this time:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Never mind B12 jab today, perhaps I should ask if they have a supercharged version.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • maddiemay wrote: »
    Oh dear KC I quite see where you are coming from.

On a lighter note shall I bore you with my gardening to do list?

Bought and awaiting planting 4 pots mini daffodils, 2 pots of white bulbs ? name, something I had not heard of before, 20 of Pippi's white things and 4 packets of summer bulbs I rashly bought when out and about recently.

The problem bit is that I have 2 appointments today, including hair cut and colour, 2 tomorrow, 1 plus knit n natter on Wednesday and we should be going away in the caravan on Thursday, with clothes to pack, food to organise etc.

Never mind B12 jab today, perhaps I should ask if they have a supercharged version.

Sounds as if you have your work cut out there, maddiemay:eek:.

I haven't planted bulbs for years but maybe a delay in planting yours (if you don't manage it before you go away)won't be detrimental. The daffodils in pots should be OK until your return.

I always plant sweet peas every year from seed but what with my brother's illness and death I totally lost track of time this spring. I couldn't face not having my sweet pea fragrance fix this year :o and succumbed to a newspaper supplement ad last week and ordered some sweet pea plug plants which should arrive within the next couple of weeks. The weather has been so awful for so long that the beds where I normally erect the wigwams and plant them are still in a shocking state. It rained all day yesterday and my gardening plans were scuppered so I must try to get onto it this week. It's a bit early frost-wise to plant them out when they arrive anyway so at least I have a bit of time to play with.

I hope you have a lovely caravan holiday and the weather is kind to you:beer:
  • Karmacat
    maddiemay wrote: »

Wow! :rotfl: well, best of luck, maddie, that's a **lot**! I confess that I just leave bulbs in the ground from one year to the next, I always have - yes, you have to not dig them up while you're weeding later in the year :o but I accept the compromise :o
    Ooh, I've heard of them, never had one, can you feel the difference?
    I always plant sweet peas every year from seed but what with my brother's illness and death I totally lost track of time this spring. I couldn't face not having my sweet pea fragrance fix this year :o and succumbed to a newspaper supplement ad last week and ordered some sweet pea plug plants which should arrive within the next couple of weeks. The weather has been so awful for so long that the beds where I normally erect the wigwams and plant them are still in a shocking state. It rained all day yesterday and my gardening plans were scuppered so I must try to get onto it this week. It's a bit early frost-wise to plant them out when they arrive anyway so at least I have a bit of time to play with.
    Planting is the kind of thing that goes by the board immediately after a bereavement, CBC, as I'm sure you know. Great idea to get some plug plants - I might actually buy some kale plugs rather than try to grow my own. I did manage to germinate some last year, rather late, but then the slugs ate them :( but this year, with all the tidying I've been doing, I'm hoping that there's less in the garden to nurture slugs in the first place :rotfl: so plugs might survive to adulthood.

I hope you have a lovely caravan holiday and the weather is kind to you:beer:
    Absolutely! That sounds like your own caravan maddie, it's a brilliant idea.
  • Karmacat
    If I'm going on my healthy walk, I should leave the house in ten minutes max. Thing is, it's not healthy, it doesn't stretch me, but still takes up time. It's a half hour potter along level paths. The walk I did with my sister on Saturday, however, was 1 and three quarter hours (ok, it was a bit much!) and quite fast-for-me (she's younger and a lot fitter).

It's a huge learning process to stop thinking "I should" and start thinking "what do I want? what is healthy for me right now?".

Plus it's drizzling :rotfl: I'm sorry to go from the sublime to the ridiculous, but its true!
  • Karmacat
    Ha, I didn't go on the healthy walk - instead, I've researched the walks that are the next step up. They'll exhaust me for the whole day, like I was on Saturday after walking with my sister, but that'll do me more good than a meaningless potter.

So far so normal: SB in the background, scanning photographs, and tidying prunings and soil in the garden (and desperately trying not to hurt any worms as I brush soil!). Then a mega change: I accidentally started to tidy up my patchwork/sewing/knitting/craftwork stash. And I've nearly done it, too. Diaries are also stored with diaries, that sort of thing. Before you know it, I'll have created enough space to actually clean *all* the floors properly :):):) And they may even stay clean. Dreams are made from these building blocks :rotfl:e.g. I can invite someone in spontaneously, I can start a project spontaneously, everything gets easier :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure