Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    edited 19 May 2017 at 11:59AM
    But my point is...I have no control over how they set the perimeters when calculating an APG...
    BUT I would expect them to do it in a correct and diligent way.

There are only so many times you can use the excuse of "we wrongly calculated"...before it wears thin...at that point it should be we need to fix the calculation.
    The onus is on them to fix forward rather than repeatedly refuse.

Without making this too personal aau..I believe you do something with numbers and have exams to prove your capabilities....so you may appreciate what good is a bad accountant.
    A computer system is only as good as it's programmer
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Do you know if they sell these online? I was looking for some too, but don't have a large T unless I make a special trip.

https://www.tesco.com/direct/search-results/results.page?catId=4294967294&searchquery=Ladies+trainers&SrchId=4294967294

I got the neon coral ones, they are not actually lace up and the tongue is not separate. Most of the trainers they have looked to have a good arch in them but I only tried on those ones and the bubble mesh ones.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    LEJC wrote: »
    But my point is...I have no control over how they set the perimeters when calculating an APG...
    BUT I would expect them to do it in a correct and diligent way.

There are only so many times you can use the excuse of "we wrongly calculated"...before it wears thin...at that point it should be we need to fix the calculation.
    The onus is on them to fix forward rather than repeatedly refuse.

Without making this too personal aau..I believe you do something with numbers and have exams to prove your capabilities....so you may appreciate what good is a bad accountant.
    A computer system is only as good as it's programmer

I agree with everything you are saying

My point is to be mindful of the fact that if you ask them to show you a point in the T&Cs they may very well just show you that exact point
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • LEJC
    edited 19 May 2017 at 12:16PM
    To which they will get the response I've given you....I still believe that the terms and conditions are not explicit.....

The term and condition that you originally quoted actually has so many inconsistencies in I doubt it would stand up if challenged correctly...

even the term...we may rather than we will....is totally up for discussion but thats for another day I feel,as the sun is shining and I want to go out and play!

Always happy to challenge,I am on a good day!

• ChelseaFred
    ChelseaFred Posts: 509 Forumite
    LEJC wrote: »
    Fred...you are one of thousands of customers through their store today....front them out.
    What gives them he right to challenge your shopping habits over any other customers....

They enticed you with a good promotion which you took advantage of stocking up for personal consumption over the next few months

they offered the service of an apg checker....you checked and they allowed you to print an apg

They are now obliged to allow you to spend it or show you explicitly in the APG terms where it says you cant.

Thanks LEJC, pats accepted, no problem inc one for £21. 8 page between £13 & £19 too, very nice sa! Some more hopefully generated too......
    On the other hand they wouldn't take the Walkers vouchers as "there have been a lot of forgeries". I pointed out the numbers were different but no joy. Not a problem as I have a 'few' and can use at T or W.
    Drizzling with rain but have seen 4 separate middle aged men in shorts and t shirts, why?
    Have a great day everyone, will post results later.

ChelseaFred😋
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Lidl weekend offers for 27th & 28th May

Yet more wine
    Cotes de Gascogne 75 cls £2.99

Syrah Grenache Rose 75 cls £2.99

Lumpwood Charcoal 4 x 1kg £2.49

Deluxe 6 Pork Sausages (400g) or 10 Pork Chipolatas (375g) 99p
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Thanks LEJC, pats accepted, no problem inc one for £21. 8 page between £13 & £19 too, very nice sa! Some more hopefully generated too......
    On the other hand they wouldn't take the Walkers vouchers as "there have been a lot of forgeries". I pointed out the numbers were different but no joy. Not a problem as I have a 'few' and can use at T or W.
    Drizzling with rain but have seen 4 separate middle aged men in shorts and t shirts, why?

ChelseaFred😋

I would get onto HO with a complaint

They are selling the promo packs so they should honour them. Particularly because their website says they will take internet coupons
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265
    First Anniversary
    Forumite

ChelseaFred😋

I have just tried checking a long womble and my own JF shop. APG saying not enough items, hope system is just playing up :(
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    edited 19 May 2017 at 12:37PM
    oh dear:eek:

we done 2 shops this morning for items that I actually wanted.
    shop 1 had 6 x tresseme shampoo and conditioner, wands, wham,eggs,prawn crackers, + 2 morw 10p sweets

shop 2 had 6x john frieda 3 x lynx wands, whams, + couple of 10p sweets.
    system saying not enough items

we had 15 different items so what has happened?
    we did pay cash as well as an apg.

so is it because we would have generated another apg or have they counted all the 342 items as 1

I wasn't locked in and is was incognito when checking apg, shops done just before 10 this morning:(

any ideas.
  • LEJC
    aau1 wrote: »
    I would get onto HO with a complaint

They are selling the promo packs so they should honour them. Particularly because their website says they will take internet coupons

he typed my exact response....Fred.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport