Damage to rented Enterprise van

My OH hired a van from Enterprise today, and managed to put a small dent in it by hitting a wall. Enterprise have taken £1,150 from my credit card, which they say is a deposit for the repair. They said they will contact us in a couple of days once the repair is complete, and that they will refund us the remainder of our deposit minus the cost of the repair.

My question is: how much are Enterprise likely to charge is for this type of repair?

Comments

• AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Without seeing the dent who can tell. You'll also be paying for the lost rental too.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    My OH hired a van from Enterprise today, and managed to put a small dent in it by hitting a wall. Enterprise have taken £1,150 from my credit card, which they say is a deposit for the repair. They said they will contact us in a couple of days once the repair is complete, and that they will refund us the remainder of our deposit minus the cost of the repair.

My question is: how much are Enterprise likely to charge is for this type of repair?
    I'm afraid there's no way of knowing but they don't have an incentive to keep the cost down. Did you take out excess insurance? It would mean you would have to pay up front for the repair but then be able to claim it back.
  • force_ten
    force_ten Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    it will cost £623.27P
  • I'm afraid there's no way of knowing but they don't have an incentive to keep the cost down. Did you take out excess insurance? It would mean you would have to pay up front for the repair but then be able to claim it back.

We never took out the extra insurance because the cost of being the van for the morning was £35, and the extra insurance was £25. We are regretting it now though.
  • force_ten wrote: »
    it will cost £623.27P
    Is that plus vat or inclusive?
  • force_ten wrote: »
    it will cost £623.27P

How do you know this?
  • I would guess at North of 2k, Enterprise will have a contract with a body shop and will have screwed down the price which on the face of it is good news for you, your problem will be that the body shop will want to do work that has more profit in it so the van will slip down the list, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a couple of weeks plus to get done.

Enterprise won't care how long it takes as you will be paying a daily rental charge.
  • force_ten
    treboeth wrote: »
    Is that plus vat or inclusive?

plus VAT :rotfl:
  • Thanks for all the replies. It's such minor damage, it just seems so unfair that we're gong tonne charged hundreds, possibly thousands, for the repair.
  • force_ten
    How do you know this?

sorry it it a random figure that i plucked out of the air which is all anybody could do in answer to your question

you didnt even tell anybody the location of the damage or the size of the dent but you wanted to know "how much are Enterprise likely to charge is for this type of repair?"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure