CCJ paperwork has arrived - help please

Am hoping you'll be able to help me out...

I owe about £3000 on an Egg credit card and have very stupidly buried my head in the sand to the point where CCJ paperwork landed on the mat on Friday. I'm very confused to see that they've only applied for £164 to be paid, whilst not giving up their claim to the other money owed - any ideas why they have done this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Sorry, just to say that I'm at work at the moment so am not being rude if I don't acknowledge your responses - I will check back in as soon as I can.
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Am hoping you'll be able to help me out...

I owe about £3000 on an Egg credit card and have very stupidly buried my head in the sand to the point where CCJ paperwork landed on the mat on Friday. I'm very confused to see that they've only applied for £164 to be paid, whilst not giving up their claim to the other money owed - any ideas why they have done this?

Thanks.

I'm a bit confused, here. You say that you have received a CCJ (County Court Judgement) for only £164, whereas total debt is £3k.
    Are you sure that this was a CCJ?
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • Thanks for your reply rog2 and apologies for my delay in getting back to you. I'm sure it's a CCJ, or at least the court paperwork leading up to one (asking me whether or not I have adefence to enter).

Egg are suing me for £164, but have stated that they reserve the right to come after me for the rest at a future date and that this is not a full and final settlement. I know it sounds weird - anyone seen this before?
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Can you not ring egg & try & come to an agreement? Even better ring CCCS & get them involved...dont know much about these things but sure someone who will will be along soon!!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• Cumbrian_Male
    Cumbrian_Male Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Is the 164 just the overdue minimum payments for the last 3 months?

You only have a limited time to respond. Phone CCCS for advice immediately if not sooner, 0800 138 1111
    I have a cunning plan!
    Proud to be dealing with my debts.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family