I sold an item with variations .. buyer won't pick option

before I knew how to list with variations, I simply added a picture showing all colour options, as well as giving details in the description.

I also included in the description words to the effect.. Due to my Ebay listing limit, I have listed various colour options but the listing is FOR ONE ITEM ONLY

I added that I recommend the buyer sending me a message to check the colour required was still available before buying.

A buyer has bought the item and paid for it, so I send a message asking 'Which colour do you require please'

No answer

REPEAT TWO TIMES ... still no answer

Now on my Ebay sold page there is a 'dispatch overdue' notice.

I have asked the buyer again today .. now the 4th attempt to get an answer.

if I send the red item, no doubt he would want the blue one, or green or ....

What more can I do

Comments

• Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Can you email the buyer instead?
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • WLM21
    WLM21 Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Can you email the buyer instead?

Thank you for the speedy reply

Surely this is the same as sending a message through Ebay. If I receive an Ebay message I get a notification too via email

I can try it I suppose .. won't do any harm

Email sent :)
  • WLM21
    OP here .. email can not be delivered

I used the reply button from Paypal to get the email address
  • If it's been ongoing for about a week I'd just refund him and block him.

Certainly don't want to be dealing with buyers like that, who don't reply to emails, however could be a genuine reason he can't reply.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,190 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Also remove your choice auction before it gets reported. You will get a defect for cancelling unless you try and pretend it is a buyers request (which might backfire if buyer complains) and you don't want a warning as well for running a choice auction.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    If the email can't be delivered then they aren't seeing the ebay messages either...
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    zerog wrote: »
    If the email can't be delivered then they aren't seeing the ebay messages either...

If the OP replied to the Paypal email that isn't necessarily the ebay email. OP you need to go to the sale record and you can see the email they use for ebay on there.
  • WLM21
    edited 27 April 2019 at 10:10AM
    If the OP replied to the Paypal email that isn't necessarily the ebay email. OP you need to go to the sale record and you can see the email they use for ebay on there.

I can try that

I found a phone number via the order details so sent a message last night. I see this morning that the message was not accepted by the mobile.

It's the same email ... but tried again

Should I maybe ..

Send any colour item and add a note explaining why .. lucky it's only £1 postage. I can add that I can exchange if they wish

or

cancel the item, but say buyers request so I don't get a black mark (or whatever it is)

or

contact Ebay and ask them.

I actually asked Ebay a couple of days ago (Philipines) and they suggested I ask again, but of course if the message isn't getting through, that will not help

Might try and phone the buyer

JUST PHONED ... COLOUR PICKED :)
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,190 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    WLM21 wrote: »
    I can try that

I found a phone number via the order details so sent a message last night. I see this morning that the message was not accepted by the mobile.

Should I maybe ..

Send any colour item and add a note explaining why .. lucky it's only £1 postage. I can add that I can exchange if they wish

or

cancel the item, but say buyers request so I don't get a black mark (or whatever it is)

or

contact Ebay and ask them.

I actually asked Ebay a couple of days ago (Philipines) and they suggested I ask again, but of course if the message isn't getting through, that will not help

Do not contact ebay and bring the non compliant listing to their attention! Even if you have cancelled it you don't want ebay issuing a belated seller warning.

Personally I'd cancel but I might hesitate in using a false 'buyer requested' one if you have already contacted ebay on this matter and explained that buyer won't respond. As per my previous post, if you want to risk a cancellation then be aware it might backfire on you unless you choose one that gives you a defect.

As for sending the wrong one, depending on the cost it might be the way forward especially if it is cheap enough that if buyer does complain you can then just refund and tell him to keep the wrong item.

However I think you need to do something now rather than let this drag on any further, you have your late defect already and don't want any more issues. Hopefully you have already pulled the non compliant listing as well.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • WLM21
    edited 27 April 2019 at 11:11AM
    soolin wrote: »
    Do not contact ebay and bring the non compliant listing to their attention! Even if you have cancelled it you don't want ebay issuing a belated seller warning.

Thank you for your reply. As always .. very very helpful

You may have missed the latest update .. in red on my posting

Phoned the buyer and all sorted, she seemed pleasant enough .. will post off today. I suggested maybe she hadn't seen the messages .. didn't want to say emails returned, text rejected..

Will post off this morning

Will relist as a variation
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family