Worried about catalogue credit !!

Options
Everything seems to be coming to a head with my debts- credit cards, loans and catalogues and I am beginning to think that bankruptcy is the only way forward.
However, I'm really worried that the OR will want to go through all my statements to see what I've foolishly spent my money on. Last summer, a blow-up hot tub seemed such a sensible purchase and apple airpods for the kids for Xmas !!! But my circumstances have now changed and paying back is becoming an on-going problem.
Please advise .....

Comments

• TimeToRebuild
    Options
    Don't get yourself to worked up.

you will need to list all your debts and they will ask when you last used that credit service, Unless you have gone on a mad spending spree raking up thousands a week before going bankrupt they will only care if you are insolvent or not, the OR wont have much interest in a blow up hot tub!

If you do go bankrupt all you can do is be honest.
  • Minkym00
    Minkym00 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The odd extravagance won’t be seen as a problem. They would be concerned if you took out a lot of debt just prior to going bankrupt, as that could attract an allegation of there being no reasonable expectation of you being able to pay it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure