Slimming for Santa - Slimming World support thread 2018

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    beanielou wrote: »
    Diamond target member is the great accolade after a year :eek: :rotfl: but only of course if you dont change your target!!

I'd have thought if you lowered your target you were doing even better and should be a Diamond plus member!

What was that about spaghetti bubbs . Isn't that free any more?
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    It's tinned spaghetti that's now sinned, not plain boiled spaghetti.

Still don't understand how things change synwise when nothing has been changed to the product!

Denise
  • maman
    joedenise wrote: »

Still don't understand how things change synwise when nothing has been changed to the product!

Denise

Thanks for that. I've not eaten tinned spaghetti since I was a child so that's one less thing to worry about! :rotfl:

Like you I understand when recipes change but otherwise it doesn't make sense. I wish SW would explain rather than just dictate. :(
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 4 November 2018 at 1:36PM
    Ended up not having any dinner last night as the kebabs and salad filled me too much! So that will be dinner tonight! Today's syns and more were used on wine!

Today's plan:

B - bacon, egg, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans
    L - HM hummus; 4 Ryvita (HEB); ham; salad - lettuce, cucumber, beetroot, cornichons, pickled onions, tomatoes, peppeer
    D - beef cheeks, mash, shallots, carrots, cabbage & cauliflower

HEA - milk as usual
    HEB - 4 Ryvita
    Syns - Tahini & oil in hummus - works out at 0.5 syns per Tbs (26 syns for approx 13 Tbs)

PS: That should read 2 syns per Tbs not 0.5!

Denise
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    maman wrote: »
    I'd have thought if you lowered your target you were doing even better and should be a Diamond plus member!

What was that about spaghetti bubbs . Isn't that free any more?
    joedenise wrote: »

Denise
    Yes tinned, i cant eat baked beans so have this instead:D
    Morning all :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all

Firstly Belated Happy Birthday Bubs, I hope the eye is better.

Friday weigh in 1lb off chuffed as I have not been planning and recording... this week I am going to do better.

Staying on after class...

Having been to a class once before which I didn’t find helpful. I now appreciate how good my leader is, she is a great coach, she doesn’t want to hear your confessions, only what the hurdle is, so that as a group we can find a way over that hurdle.

I have changed my perspective over the clapping, yes I use to hate it. Then I did resilience coaching course to manage my chronic fatigue better. This was over Skype, did I feel a plonker clapping to acknowledge when I had done something that would benefit my wellbeing. On one occasion knowing I hated it, he made me do it constantly through out the session. Do you know at the end it made me feel better, it made me stop for a moment and reflect how far I had come to look after myself, that many of us, find it difficult to accept compliments, feel good about ourselves, and done in group well, I think this makes you stop and think, and also to know you are not alone, there’s others out there willing you on to succeed as on here, because we can all relate to each other. Even on weeks I ve gained, to stop and think how much I’ve lost and want to protect.

Do I still squirm with uncomfortablenpness when I clap, yes often, but like medicine, I know how good it is especially done with goodwill to the person who you are acknowledging....

Now to a bit of planning.... after

B - eggs, bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • bubbs
    Bubblesmum wrote: »
    Morning all

Firstly Belated Happy Birthday Bubs, I hope the eye is better.

Friday weigh in 1lb off chuffed as I have not been planning and recording... this week I am going to do better.

Staying on after class...

Having been to a class once before which I didn’t find helpful. I now appreciate how good my leader is, she is a great coach, she doesn’t want to hear your confessions, only what the hurdle is, so that as a group we can find a way over that hurdle.

I have changed my perspective over the clapping, yes I use to hate it. Then I did resilience coaching course to manage my chronic fatigue better. This was over Skype, did I feel a plonker clapping to acknowledge when I had done something that would benefit my wellbeing. On one occasion knowing I hated it, he made me do it constantly through out the session. Do you know at the end it made me feel better, it made me stop for a moment and reflect how far I had come to look after myself, that many of us, find it difficult to accept compliments, feel good about ourselves, and done in group well, I think this makes you stop and think, and also to know you are not alone, there’s others out there willing you on to succeed as on here, because we can all relate to each other. Even on weeks I ve gained, to stop and think how much I’ve lost and want to protect.

Do I still squirm with uncomfortablenpness when I clap, yes often, but like medicine, I know how good it is especially done with goodwill to the person who you are acknowledging....

Now to a bit of planning.... after

B - eggs, bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms

Well done on your loss:T:T:T
    His eye is very red, well its not the actual eye its the lower eye lid we thought it was a stye first but it was getting more sore and redder that's why we went to the pharmacist,but they said no infection ring 111 but saying that the bit on the face the redness has gone down alot:T:T
    I am glad the clapipng helps you, i am not reall against it i just used to get really embarrassed:o Your consultant sounds like mine:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Bozwood
    Bozwood Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi. I eat loads trying to save syns to make up for the takeaway I had on Friday so can have more now. So I have had fruit again for breakfast. I am going to have 2toast and eggs and mushrooms for dinner and pasta for tea I often have my a choice as cheese and pickles later on in front of the tv
  • maman
    :T well done on your pound bubblesmum.

Thanks for your comments on the clapping. Each time I do it, I'm genuine in praise for losses. What I don't like is when people are encouraged to clap when you've had a loss.

Bozwood wrote: »
    Hi. I eat loads trying to save syns to make up for the takeaway I had on Friday so can have more now. So I have had fruit again for breakfast. I am going to have 2toast and eggs and mushrooms for dinner and pasta for tea I often have my a choice as cheese and pickles later on in front of the tv

That's fine then bozwood. I must have missed the takeaway.;) It's a good idea to try to catch up on syns.

I went to Lidl's this morning to stock up on some storecupboard stuff especially cornichons. They're more expensive than their gherkins but so much nicer IMO.:)

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix with HEA milk
    L: ham, noodles, stir fry veg
    D: beef in (fake) red wine casserole , SW roast potatoes, BNS, swede & carrot mash, kale, green cabbage, broccoli, cauli
    Syns: cornflour 1, weekend wine:j
  • bubbs
    Evening all :D
    Nice roast nearly ready:p:T:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure