When did Scotland leave the UK?

Kered
Kered Posts: 3,531
First Post
Forumite
In your main site article on reclaiming tax for married couples there is this line
•One of you needs to be a non-taxpayer, which in the UK and Scotland usually means earning less than the £12,500 personal allowance between 6 April 2019 and 5 April 2020.

I realise that allowances for higher rate tax payers are now different in Scotland but that does not mean that we have left the UK :mad:

Comments

• Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Kered wrote: »
    In your main site article on reclaiming tax for married couples there is this line

I realise that allowances for higher rate tax payers are now different in Scotland but that does not mean that we have left the UK :mad:

Moneysaving Expert are just getting organised as once the UK leaves the EU. The Scottish government will then have Scexit and spend a few weeks agreeing details, before leaving after a month or so?:rotfl::rotfl:
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • Kered
    Kered Posts: 3,531
    First Post
    Forumite
    Hasbeen wrote: »
    Moneysaving Expert are just getting organised as once the UK leaves the EU. The Scottish government will then have Scexit and spend a few weeks agreeing details, before leaving after a month or so?:rotfl::rotfl:

I think it is more a case of bad workmanship which seems to have crept into the main site as well as the forum, there seems to be no attention to detail :(
    Like the offline clock not getting updated or the righthand column on the green version of the forum also not getting updated and no-one responding to threads in this part of the forum any more either.
  • Kered wrote: »
    I think it is more a case of bad workmanship which seems to have crept into the main site as well as the forum, there seems to be no attention to detail :(
    Like the offline clock not getting updated or the righthand column on the green version of the forum also not getting updated and no-one responding to threads in this part of the forum any more either.

Hi Kered,

Unfortunately we don't always have time to reply to all the posts however we do read them.

Regarding the clocks: the time is set to the correct time - however for registered users you control this yourself in your Control Panel. For any unregistered readers the time is set to non daylight savings Greenwich :)

The green forum is a legacy forum version which will not be updated due to resources. There are quirks which are being looked into, however we need to prioritise the things we are working on so some things that might niggle won't be top of the development stacks.

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter,
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
  • Kered wrote: »

If you spot any incorrect or out of date information in an article please email the team at brokenlink@moneysavingexpert.com and they will be able to look into it for you.

MSE Tine

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter,
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
  • Benight
    Benight Posts: 418
    First Post
    Forumite
    MSE_Tine wrote: »
    Regarding the clocks: the time is set to the correct time - however for registered users you control this yourself in your Control Panel. For any unregistered readers the time is set to non daylight savings Greenwich :)

So it's not the correct time for the UK, as I indicated almost 3 weeks ago here
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5986290

Great currently for all MSE readers in the Azores though :T

On a positive note, I suppose if you leave it another 6 months or so, it might be the correct time for the UK again :cool:
  • Hasbeen
    Forumite
    MSE_Tine wrote: »
    The green forum is a legacy forum version which will not be updated due to resources. There are quirks which are being looked into, however we need to prioritise the things we are working on so some things that might niggle won't be top of the development stacks.

That's a pity, as I and probably quite a few use the green version as was pointed out when the newer version was introduced it was and still is terrible to look at.:(
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    hasbeen wrote: »
    that's a pity, as i and probably quite a few use the green version as was pointed out when the newer version was introduced it was and still is terrible to look at.:(

<aol> ........
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hasbeen wrote: »
    That's a pity, as I and probably quite a few use the green version as was pointed out when the newer version was introduced it was and still is terrible to look at.:(
    Ugh! I just tried it again and it is absolutely horrible! I couldn't find any of the things I normally use.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • Hasbeen
    Forumite
    KevinG wrote: »
    Ugh! I just tried it again and it is absolutely horrible! I couldn't find any of the things I normally use.

Are you using mobile to view? If so agree. I use the blue version then have to log in or out. But on desktop etc the blue is bad.:(
  • Hasbeen
    Forumite
    <aol> ........

AOL? All our love??:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure