Windows LogIn -Everything disappeared then came back again when I restarted a second time

Anyone else had this?

I have been having trouble with a temperamental Microsoft Outlook program. (I reinstalled an old copy of MSOffice that I purchased years ago & is on a disk. All the other programs are fine: just the Outlook plays up).

So this morning I was having trouble again with it going offline & not connecting to my isp. Usual solution is to close everything down, restart & all works fine. However, on logging in to my Windows User Account my usual customised desktop with my shortcuts had gone. So had all my dropdown lists of previous documents in MSWord & MSExcel. So had my favourites in Firefox. So had the one Microsoft game I play occasionally that was halfway through a game.

Panic. Did a full scan using my security program. Everything secure. Phew. Checked for any updates needed - all up to date. In desperation I decided to do another restart. (I got my phone out while I was waiting to read my emails - all fine on there, plus all Firefox bookmarks intact).

Guess what - after the second restart everything had come back & was as it always was!

Is this a problem that others have had? Was it something I did?

would've . . . could've . . . should've . . .

A.A.A.S. (Associate of the Acronym Abolition Society)

There's definitely no 'a' in 'definitely'.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport