Beware Just Fashion Now

Options

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    It doesn't make any difference how old the post was. It still comes up on google search, so why bother to take the time just to whine on about age of original post?
    It shouldn't matter how much something cost. They should still give what they promise.
    Everybody knows expensive brand names get their products cheaply made in countries such as China, and then increase the prices than they originally cost to the company.

I think you're talking about apples and elephants here.

The OP bought a coat - to quote her:
    Lily1 wrote: »
    After seeing this American firm advertising in national newspapers I ordered a very cheap coat.

The OP was aware that the price was cheap.
    I'm making no comment on the price of the coat, that was entirely the OP's choice.

If I purchased a coat from an expensive brand and it was manufactured in one of the 'cheap labour' countries, regardless of the cost of making that coat to the brand, I would expect the quality associated with the brand.
    I'm not talking about rubbishy, faddy brands here.
    I'm talking about quality brands.

I would expect a company to "then increase the prices than they originally cost to the company" when retailing them to the public.
    Otherwise they'd go out of business pretty quickly by selling goods at cost price or cheaper - which would be bonkers business practice.
  • Nickyh11
    Nickyh11 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 14 April 2019 at 6:26PM
    Options
    Surely the most important thing is that more people are seeing the post & will hopefully learn to avoid these scam companies like a Justfashion. Google them & you can see so many warnings from customers who have been scammed (me included). I don’t care if the post is an old one, I just want people to be saved the disappointment of receiving rubbish items & no chance of getting their money back. So, stop complaining of people whining & spread the word about these scam sites earning millions for their heartless bosses.
  • Pollycat
    Options
    Nickyh11 wrote: »
    Surely the most important thing is that more people are seeing the post & will hopefully learn to avoid these scam companies like a Justfashion. Google them & you can see so many warnings from customers who have been scammed (me included). I don’t care if the post is an old one, I just want people to be saved the disappointment of receiving rubbish items & no chance of getting their money back. So, stop complaining of people whining & spread the word about these scam sites earning millions for their heartless bosses.
    But the majority of people don't Google before they buy.
    They only do so after they've got a problem.

Read the replies.
    All the people who've used this company posted on here after placing an order.

I'm all for spreading "the word about these scam sites" but it won't work until people stop and think before placing an order.
    It's your money and you need to look after it.

FTR, I didn't complain about people whining.
    I was accused of whining.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

There's not a lot of hope for you when you haven't read the more recent posts correctly...
  • Nickyh11
    Options
    Harsh words. So, you don’t agree with warning others in the hope that at least 1 person will take heed, and therefore nobody should ever report back on their bad purchases. Hopefully some people will learn from the experiences of other people’s misfortunes.
    I had hoped that my post might help rather than elicit snide comments from someone like you.
  • Pollycat
    Options
    Harsh words. So, you don’t agree with warning others in the hope that at least 1 person will take heed, and therefore nobody should ever report back on their bad purchases. Hopefully some people will learn from the experiences of other people’s misfortunes.
    I had hoped that my post might help rather than elicit snide comments from someone like you.
    Nickyh11
    You and PetePeterson seem to be making the same point that "it doesn't matter how much things cost" in the title of your posts.
    FTR, I've never said it does matter how much things cost.

I haven't said I don't agree with warning others in the hope that at least 1 person will take heed.
    As I've posted previously,
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I'm all for spreading "the word about these scam sites" but it won't work until people stop and think before placing an order.
    And it really won't work until that happens.

I have no belief that people will take any notice whatsoever as evidenced by the number of posters (3 including yourself) who only found this thread after they'd made a purchase. (horse and stable door).
    If there were posts from people saying 'thanks for warning me before I wasted my money' I'd think differently.

I too hope that some people will learn from the experiences of other people’s misfortunes - but I'm not holding my breath.

Maybe keeping this thread alive may help.
    But only if people check before they purchase.
  • Shaydaz
    Shaydaz Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Shoddy merchandise and non-existent customer service. Contacted them 14 different times and it was like they were all "auto reply" messages! Never gave me an "actual" answer about anything! They are in China and any return has to be sent to China. Oh but wait, they don't "want" you to return the items they want you to "keep" them and “only” give you a 15% refund??? All their merchandise is cheap, smells bad and none of their merchandise is “as described”, plus, the crappy customer service. Stay Away!
  • Anna_G8
    Options
    I ordered a dress in the size JustFashionNow suggested for a size 10. When it arrived it was gigantic - unwearable - you could get me and someone else in there. I asked to return it .... then the fun began. They said I would have to return it to China - but warned that this would be an expensive and lengthy process. They suggested an alternative - in return for not returning it, they would give me a 15% discount or 20% off a future order. The dress was £25.70 and so the refund would have been £3.85. They suggested I used this to get 'the cloth' altered. Who can get a dress altered for £3.85? I have spent a couple of weeks of telling them how unsatisfactory this is & trying to come to some sort of reasonable solution with them but they are not interested. They don't care that the dress is gigantic and is not the size they said it was, they don't care that it is a hugely expensive and lengthy process and they don't care that I am totally dissatisfied with their service. They don't respond to any of these issues - all they say is 'return' the dress. In the end they have offered me 20% refund (£5.14). As I don't have the time to keep on going with this I have accepted it. But I feel totally ripped off and totally dissatisfied with this appalling company. I could have just put the money in the bin and cut out the middle man.
  • Pollycat
    Options
    Welcome to the 2 new members who unfortunately bought from this company before checking them out.

Here's what MSE say about buying on-line:
    Google for feedback. The internet's a powerful way to hunt out other consumers' experiences. Easiest of all, do a quick Google search for the company name next to the word 'complaints', eg, "Delboy Ltd complaints" and look for trends and feedback.
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cheap-online-shopping-shopbots/?_ga=2.67067628.313488242.1553590177-423494737.1487771712#needtoknow-30

Here's more MSE advice about buying from China:
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/buy-from-china-aliexpress/

And of course, there's lots of advice on all sorts of things now you've found the website. ;)
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Welcome new poster(s) despite your abusive posts:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport