Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Comments

• Current cost for Calor LPG is 58.5ppl but from April 2019 they will increase to 68.5ppl
  • Yes it’s really expensive so I’m sourcing alternatives. Contract expired years back so I’m free to move, just need to sort it
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Just filled up with 1000 litres of LPG at 30ppl +VAT. Good to see that the price has remained at this for the past 4 years now.
  • VFR
    VFR Posts: 96 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Who with though & what area Mister G ?
  • Mister_G
    VFR wrote: »
    Who with though & what area Mister G ?

HBS, Hampshire
  • bobmac62
    bobmac62 Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    LPG pricing from Woldlink for April confirmed at 31.25PPL + 5% vat, an increase of just over 1PPL on March 2019.:cry:
  • VFR
    VFR Posts: 96 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 3 April 2019 at 1:50PM
    Thanks for the info Mister G but based in Stafford so doubt they would deal with me.

I contacted Woldlink for a quote & the best that they could find was 49p for a 1000lit tank.

Just finished my contract with Calor for 37p for the term & in the letter from them they are telling me about this & that so best to carry on with them at 49p.
    Tank is still on 50% so no need to rush just yet & will just carry on paying Calor for the tank hire (?) until I decide what to do.

Question for those in the know, should I just carry on renting the tank from Calor can I get any company to fill it or do I have to sign up with them inc the tank ?
  • Mister_G
    VFR wrote: »
    Thanks for the info Mister G but based in Stafford so doubt they would deal with me.

I contacted Woldlink for a quote & the best that they could find was 49p for a 1000lit tank.

Just finished my contract with Calor for 37p for the term & in the letter from them they are telling me about this & that so best to carry on with them at 49p.
    Tank is still on 50% so no need to rush just yet & will just carry on paying Calor for the tank hire (?) until I decide what to do.

Question for those in the know, should I just carry on renting the tank from Calor can I get any company to fill it or do I have to sign up with them inc the tank ?

You will need to get the tank transferred to your new supplier.

There is a process in place between suppliers for doing this.
  • offthehook
    offthehook Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Simple question :

These are the pricing terms offered :

- £0.33p per litre fixed for 12 months, with a max increase of 3.5ppl in any 6 month period.

- In the 2nd 12 months of the agreement your price will be reflective of the LPG Market, Supplier has a max increase of 3.5p in any given 6 month period.

With these terms, what would you expect the maximum price to be in months 12-18 and months 18-24?
  • Mister_G
    offthehook wrote: »
    Simple question :

These are the pricing terms offered :

- £0.33p per litre fixed for 12 months, with a max increase of 3.5ppl in any 6 month period.

- In the 2nd 12 months of the agreement your price will be reflective of the LPG Market, Supplier has a max increase of 3.5p in any given 6 month period.

With these terms, what would you expect the maximum price to be in months 12-18 and months 18-24?

Surely if the price is fixed for the first 12 months then there shouldn't be any increase.

In the second 12 months it looks like it could initially go up to 36.5p (months 12-18) and then up to 40p (months 18-24) after a further 6 months. That's the worst case scenario - in my opinion!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback