IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Posting on the Parking Board – your help please

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 March 2019 at 8:14PM
    Please start a new thread where you will get bespoke help. Cut and paste from your post above, replace it with, "posted in wrong place" or similar, then paste your query in your own thread.

Please do not post on this thread gain.

You need to go to the page where you found the stickies, then click on the newthread.gif button. Don't click on the stickies or any other thread.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,343 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    To be honest, this sticky needs locking to prevent random postings.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    To be honest, this sticky needs locking to prevent random postings.

Agreed, especially as it is so out of date, and our MPs have since said the words in open parliament that the OP asked us not to use.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Hi guys. I lease a car in my name. Is the process of appeal the same as if owned
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Bugsy112 wrote: »
    Hi guys. I lease a car in my name. Is the process of appeal the same as if owned

The thread near the top of this board that tells Newbies to read it first has a section on lease vehicles and what to do.
  • Daynah
    Daynah Posts: 11 Forumite
    Hi if anyone still reads this board I’m looking for advice on whether a POPLA appeal is worth it.
    I recieved a parking ticket for none payment in a Total Parking Solutions car park despite having purchased 2 tickets they have rejected our appeal saying we hadn’t put our registration number in correctly. Now we still have the tickets stating the date/times and name of the car park which shows we were there at the same times that they have evidence of us being there except the tickets only show the numbers on our reg instead of the full registration, would this be enough evidence for a POPLA appeal?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 March 2019 at 7:45PM
    Daynah wrote: »
    ...I’m looking for advice on whether a POPLA appeal is worth it.

Yes it is.

Now... back to your own thread.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 March 2019 at 7:45PM
    If anyone reads this board? We have c.100 new posts and even more replies every day.

You are reading and posting in the wrong place now though - see my signature, hop to the sticky thread and read what to do, if you have not yet read the NEWBIES thread?

If you have a thread with no answers it's because we are busy, reply on that and we will appear. You just got unlucky if you had no replies yet but must reply on that thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I have recently had a fine through for not paying the parking in a car park. On the day in question the machine was broken and a repair man was fixing it. My total stay was 57 minutes. Up to now I have ignored it but the amount keeps rising. Should I carry on ignoring it or appeal due to the fact the machine was broken? I thought it might go away but I’m getting more and more concerned! Surely the company should have records to confirm the technician was fixing the machine on that particular day? Your advice would be appreciated. Thank you
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Shelen wrote: »
    I have recently had a fine through for not paying the parking in a car park. On the day in question the machine was broken and a repair man was fixing it. My total stay was 57 minutes. Up to now I have ignored it but the amount keeps rising. Should I carry on ignoring it or appeal due to the fact the machine was broken? I thought it might go away but I’m getting more and more concerned! Surely the company should have records to confirm the technician was fixing the machine on that particular day? Your advice would be appreciated. Thank you

Please start your own thread, otherwise, you won't get an answer to your questions.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure