Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    calleyw wrote: »
    MU,

You are cycling in to a high. Please take your meds and talk to Swain asap. He needs to know you are struggling.

Massive hug and squishes

Yours

Calley x
    Can't talk to Swain, about half an hour ago he told me he nearly died at work today, told me he'd choked on his food and someone had to do the heimlich manouver on him. feeling !!!! cos i had a great uncle by the same name who died by choking at the same age. so avoiding Swain right now because im upset i nearly lost him and he understandby doesn't want to talk about it.

i feel i should call the mental health team. but im scared they will do nothing and scared they might do something like try and section me
  • annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    They won’t section you for being in crisis. Please take your meds and call someone if you need support.
  • System
    Options
    Need to call them. panicking. what do i say? just everything. im scared. im giving it half an hour then im calling them. need to. cant keep going like this. i'll just crash. i'll take my meds. they've done nothing the past few days though. even though im on the highest dose of mood stabiliser. definetly took it last night and didnt sleep at all. thats not supposed to happen. so im panicking
  • geminilady
    geminilady Posts: 1,922 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MU I agree they won't section you but you definitely need some help.Sorry this has happened when you are due to start a new job.Please ring them.Also a weight loss of 7lb is is very bad for you unless you are twenty stone plus about two pound a week is what you should aim for.
  • geminilady
    Options
    Try not to panic they can fix this,just tell them you feel out of control and think you are heading for a manic episode tell them what you have posted here ((((hug))))
  • System
    Options
    geminilady wrote: »
    Try not to panic they can fix this,just tell them you feel out of control and think you are heading for a manic episode tell them what you have posted here ((((hug))))
    i tried ringing them. got through to an answerphone left my details. gonna ring back in an hour. maybe call 111. . looked at all the mental health helplines and they are shut except SANE but i can;t get though. im really trying to get help right now but i feel like theres none out there
  • geminilady
    Options
    Well I would have thought the mental health team would be always on call so maybe they will get back to you soon,if not maybe 101 will point you in the right direction.
  • System
    Options
    it !!!!ses me off so much. everyone tells you to seek help, that there is help out there . its !!!!!!!!.

Because i went to my gp, he told me to sleep and come back in a month, today i called the mental health team, it went to answerphone. I tied to call Mind and Rethink but they shut at 4pm. I tried ringing Saneline, and couldn't get through; I tried calling Samaritans, and i couldn;t get through. And out of sheer !!!!ing desperation ended up calling nhs 111. On the plus side someone is calling me back...in the next 4 hours.

where is the help?
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mu - I echo the take your meds. The change could be triggering an episode and you have realised that's what is happening so you do have great insight.

Try calling sane line again and just tell them what you have postef
    Please call swain and speak to him xxx
  • annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    Because i went to my gp, he told me to sleep and come back in a month, today i called the mental health team, it went to answerphone. I tied to call Mind and Rethink but they shut at 4pm. I tried ringing Saneline, and couldn't get through; I tried calling Samaritans, and i couldn;t get through. And out of sheer !!!!ing desperation ended up calling nhs 111. On the plus side someone is calling me back...in the next 4 hours.

Is there a reason why you think you haven't been taking your meds recently? Is it side effects? Or do you forget to take them? I remember a post you made ages ago on here where you were talking about similar stuff, everything being bright and colourful and at that point you weren't taking your medication.

I don't know what its like to be in the situation you are, so I would never try and presume and I have never been in crisis MH wise but I have had my MH battles over the years and I do understand that some GPs have a poor understanding of mental health. Mine does, they are awful and I cant change them until another practice opens their books (Im in scotland so it might be different from down south). Some are fab, mine have a really really poor understanding of anything to do with MH, they just are not interested.

Whatever support you need whether its getting your meds adjusted or whether you forget to take them as other people have said you have enough insight that you know what happens when you don't take them.

I don't know if you can buy something that shows how many of them you have taken each month (am sure you can), so you could be able to see right away if you have missed a dose.

I know you have had your issues with work in the past as well, but all I can say is, if you feel this way tomorrow, consider not going to work, your health matters more until you feel that your mood has evened out.

Keep posting as well. You know people on here care and support you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback