Mortgage free by 53

Pooky
Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
edited 5 January 2019 at 9:11AM in Mortgage-free wannabe
Post deleted.
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.

Comments

• Hi Pooky :hello:
    Congratulations on starting your MFW diary!

If you want a great interest rate for your savings and still have access to the money, this MSE article explains how you can get 5% :)
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/savings-loophole
    Or something a little simpler would be to pop it all in Santander's 123 account at 3%.

Good luck! :T
    Originally October 2042 // Goal December 2032
    Currently at £127,500

End of fix goal: £75,000 by September 2024
  • :beer: Pooky's got a diary Pooky's got a diary :D

Hello :)

Liking the plans :)

I think i might shamelessly copy you and open an T'cos account. I already have a tea s bee account for the interest and the hallyfacts account for the fiver.

hope hubby is feeling better and you got some work done.

xxxxxxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Pfffft! I drove a Bus!!
  • Seriously, tomorrow sounds lovely :) no one is visiting us tomorrow which makes me very happy :)

Have fun XXX
  • Hi Poooky - enjoyed reading your update this morning!

Similar here regarding dinner - as we were all busy we had cheese burgers for dinner - it felt so indulgent and good plus I had done a baking session so that was dessert sorted!

Starting the day lazily as its raining and going to get going now

SLM
  • Glad for the rain today as my allotment is dry as a bone and that will save me a bit of time as I won't have to water plants - will be nice to get some sun again tomorrow though - should be a lovely day!! I had a few days pickings worth of raspberries so made a choice raspberry brownie and a raspberry crumble traybake - tested and they are both super yummy!! I don't bake often either but there are only so many smoothies you can make and we don't really eat jam! I made onion marmalade with my shallots and onions and that was very therapeutic Lots of eye watering for 2.5 pots of chutney!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Pooky :j :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Happy new tea cosy :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Hope the pension company's get their act together.

• beanielou
    Hope it goes well :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure