Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »
    Then 'skip' dob/postcode page and insurance page and no need to pick 'favourites', just click 'finish'.

Ok Thanks :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Does anyone know if the Minions t/brushes come in an assortment of colours, or is it just yellow? Thanks. x
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Does anyone know if the Minions t/brushes come in an assortment of colours, or is it just yellow? Thanks. x

I've seen 3 different ones - blue, yellow, and orange.
  • bubbs
    Options
    I've seen 3 different ones - blue, yellow, and orange.

Yes i got one of each
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well spotted :T

Blank page for me too bubbs, so here's a pic :)

axbajb.jpg

thank for posting a pic - I usually check out the link before putting anything on here but I didn't have time today :)
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 August 2016 at 4:07PM
    Options
    There was a reason that I found the Disney baby products again. (I eventually lost them around two months ago after they were 50p RTC.) They are coming back into M more generally, as they have now :(gone onto a baby event:(:( with them returning at 6 for £5:eek:, thus seeing people, during the "event", either paying twice as much for them or buying unnecessary six-fold:eek: and paying them a total of £2 more!

Once again, avoid the "event" - the store's own promotional wording anyway - on this occasion it's not even worth doing the "event" at a competitor - as they will surely go cheaper afterwards?

I also have, completely separately, some Chicken Drumsticks that may look good enough price to get to the list. I have noticed that the tannoys instore seem to have gone silent about chicken drumsticks now:rotfl:. Or, at least, if they have been mentioning them, I've not heard it. They were mentioning what worked out a very expensive price per unit pack on a "price crunch" of several pence some time back. I thought, as soon as I heard it, it was nowhere near as good as the other packs that had been available a few weeks earlier. I think I removed chicken drumsticks from my list by the time they started mentioning this pricey promotion. Well, they seem not to be mentioning any anymore, so now's the time to start buying some I feel:rotfl::rotfl:.

I don't know why but I seem to have the Fish Prawn Cocktail Sauce (150g) at 75p. It's showing, or still showing, 67p online. Yet I've taken prices of 75p from the shelves. I will need to recheck this. I also seem to have one store that has 75p SEL and "price crunch" label on the shelf. So, maybe they've risen in price and then gone back on "price crunch" - price crunch therefore means it is more expensive:rotfl:. Or maybe it's still 67p - I do see full price and price crunch labels in some stores that indicates in fact an unchanged SEL and there is an offer on the item. So, I don't know whether the Prawn Cocktail Sauce is 75p or not, as I've got different stores and took 75p from more than one before I concluded they were that price.

Possibly got an incorrect price again:rotfl:. However, despite this, I am overall it seems doing rather well. I have prices going up on a few items - I've crossed them out on the list already - and - woohoo! - I even ended up with the same prices on each occasion as online is now showing. The Cow & Gate steamed meals are still £1 as the offer has been rolled over - and I even discovered they were £1 instore yesterday!

I've also found the Blueberry version of the Heinz pouches now - three times over:rotfl:. It was in three different stores this time. On the Farley Biscuit bear though, I nearly ended up with an incorrect full price!:eek: I had a very dodgy SEL of 87p and no stock in my main store (I thought they were still 50p but didn't know). I searched subsequent stores and found no trace of the product - until my very final store of the day, that put me right, showing the 50p offer with a date until September. A different store than that and I could have ended up no trace:eek: and ended up with an incorrect conclusion that they are 87p in M, with no back-up available from online:

Heinz Farley's Bear Shaped Biscuits 6mth+ (75g)

Store_2.15px.png
    87p £1.16 / 100g

• Store_7.15px.png
      89p
    • Store_4.15px.png
      89p
    • Store_1.15px.png
      ---
    • Store_3.15px.png
      ---
    • Store_8.15px.png
      ---
    From my experience now on about three different collections, I now think that A have got just about the right number of stores (if I'm correct that they use six) but that T definitely haven't (it seems they rely on just three). I had items, some of which were in one store out of my six, some of which are in two or three, and about items I really need to see, I had another set (of stores) where I went through five stores of no trace but all of them turned up at the sixth store*! Same the previous time - last time was around Leicestershire and Derbyshire but this one was around Greater Manchester (mainly) - and, again, I ended up with the outstanding items I needed to see being found at the final store! It does seem that - of course there will still be stuff missing as 'every store gives new items' - generally though six is getting the missing ones - I'm outstanding at five (though it's obviously down to fewer items outstanding by that stage) but six gets them - and that's now happened on [Strike]three[/Strike] four** separate dates on which I've used six different stores (a different set of stores every time). It just seems, largely, to complete the jigsaw so I think A have got it about right.

Avoid M's baby event and buy anything except what they are mentioning on the tannoys!:money::rotfl:

*I originally had eight down for yesterday but I managed six in the end - I ended up having to miss a couple out as it was too late in the day - that effectively chose the final store, which closes at 11pm, for me - where I ended up finding the Bear biscuits as my last item at ten to eleven:rotfl:. I think the 'problem' with doing all my planned stores on a price collection day is that the main collection (at the first store) takes up the time and, to do it properly and account for "everything", leaves me taking longer at each store (especially if they are also 'new' stores to try to find new items as well that I don't already have). It's certainly better doing regular stores for collection days but finding new items separately on other days and not having to check all the price changes at the same time - although obviously I can't always set a further day aside for that (particularly as it involves driving out to new stores:doh:).

**There was another one, I've just remembered, of several months before where this happened (then it was some JF products that last-chance store 6 came up with - it's obviously different items that I have outstanding after store 5 each time:rotfl:).
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    so we went to our Sainsbobs recycling centre this afternoon - our recycle centre tends to attract all sorts of recycling - numerous times we have come away with more than we take as people tend to drop things off there

I was putting cardboard into the cardboard skip when I felt something hard and it turned out to be a teletubby - actually a pink PO - often people dump books into the recycling so I fish them out and out them into the Oxfam book depository

I didn't know what to do with an abandoned PO so I popped it into the book bin thinking that someone at Oxfam would pass it along to the correct Teletubby recycling centre :D
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Just remembered what I came on for -

Thank you simone10 :A :)
  • bubbs
    Options
    Just remembered what I came on for -

Thank you simone10 :A :)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: thats like me, 2 hrs later remember
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    Happy Anniversary Snapant and Fourp :beer: may you enjoy many more happy years together X.

I love the description of the necklace, picture please :). Good heavens Fourp :eek: good job you were practising at home and not flashing at the Bowls Club :eek: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Snap how wonderful that you've found some old friends, I feel a visit coming on :cool:

How is dad getting on with his toilet problem these days Snap, has he got this under control without having to go back to hospital :(. I suppose he's out and about in the fine weather enjoying his electric wheelchairs too :D

Thanks AJ

mrwx34.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl:He was at the Bowling Club :eek::eek::eek: Had to walk home with everything hanging out :o:o:o

:rotfl::rotfl:

Dad is improving - Now he is more mobile, 2 daily short walks his blockage problems aren't such a problem :o:o
    physio lady is going to do garden steps with him next :T:T
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure