Amazon Delivery Delay

Options

Comments

• tcr_3
    tcr_3 Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    My postie reliably advises they've got approx 700 parcels undelivered. And instead of tackling that backlog, management have told them to concentrate on "current parcels" ... the 700 have missed their delivery targets so it doesn't matter if or when they ever get delivered ... the main priority now is to ensure that "current parcels" don't miss their targets.

Which kinda leaves us snookered. Because we're now waiting for 6 items from Amazon, 2 from HMV plus a parcel from BT, all of which has been despatched & was due to be delivered early last week. The BT parcel's been lying at the local sorting office since last Monday, according to the online tracker ... and when I went to collect it I was told they don't have the staff to search through it all, the parcel's are piled up in huge metal cages.

Guess we'll just have to wait.
    I no longer contribute to the Benefits & Tax Credits forum.
  • TakeittotheLimit.
    Options
    In my section of 15 posties on Saturday we had 18 Yorkies of parcels that couldn't be delivered as there was not enough staff to clear the backlog,so me and two other guys went in on Sunday and took vans out to deliver some of these parcels..we cleared 12 and then returned to the office only to find that 1000 Amazon tracked items had come in,talk about demoralising.

It's hardly surprising people are not getting their parcels when the weather has been so bad and Park and Loopy has been introduced into so many offices in the run up to Christmas,our office is always understaffed,I see Royal Fail has announed a £20 millon investment to deal with the fallout of the severe weather today http://postandparcel.info/35536/human-resources/royal-mail-invests-further-20m-due-to-weather/

Too little to late as always.
    "Life is short even in its longest days".
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    add me to the list of waiting.

Missing 4 parcels from Play dispatched over a week ago, my Amazon order was due on the 10th December and my tracking says:

8 Dec 2010 01:49:00 AM Gourock Inverclyde UK Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit
    I'm getting worried.
  • Booley
    Booley Posts: 887 Forumite
    Options
    Although the delays are understandable it's a bit worrying when you can't track your parcels. I placed an order with Amazon and paid 1st class. They split the order in two and the first delivery was estimated to be here on Dec 8th but it hasn't arrived. The second estimated delivery is due tomorrow and I'm not holding out much hope for that.

I had thought that the second delivery would have tracking even if the first one didn't as it includes an expensive item but I can't track either.

I bit the bullet and ordered one last item today and paid for expedited delivery due to further bad weather forecasts for this week. It's due tomorrow but I've just noticed that once again I can't track it :(.
  • Rachee_Roo
    Options
    I just don't understand it...... Amazon warehouse is in Swansea, I am in the West Midlands (England) and my parcel is in Inverclyde - eh?
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Rachee_Roo wrote: »
    I just don't understand it...... Amazon warehouse is in Swansea, I am in the West Midlands (England) and my parcel is in Inverclyde - eh?

That was my thought too. Can anyone explain that?
  • Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Booley wrote: »
    Although the delays are understandable it's a bit worrying when you can't track your parcels. I placed an order with Amazon and paid 1st class. They split the order in two and the first delivery was estimated to be here on Dec 8th but it hasn't arrived. The second estimated delivery is due tomorrow and I'm not holding out much hope for that.

I had thought that the second delivery would have tracking even if the first one didn't as it includes an expensive item but I can't track either.

I bit the bullet and ordered one last item today and paid for expedited delivery due to further bad weather forecasts for this week. It's due tomorrow but I've just noticed that once again I can't track it :(.

There expedited delivery is a complete waste of time as I found out last week. They just send the items first class not tracked so its not worth paying the extra over the first class service. I was expecting them to at least send it Special delivery as I paid extra.
  • Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That was my thought too. Can anyone explain that?

They have more than one, there is one in Scotland, one in Swansea, one in Bedford and possibly others. Different items are stored in different warehouses they don't just use the one closest to you.
  • Laura_Scotland
    Options
    I'm also waiting for an Amazon order which contains 3 Christmas presents :( I ordered on 1st December and it was estimated to arrive on the 8th but still no sign.
    I understand the weather has been really bad, especially here in Edinburgh, but it's almost 2 weeks since I placed the order and the 'track your order' bit's most recent update was on 6th December when it was scanned at their Scottish distribution centre.
    I emailed Amazon on Saturday night and this is from my reply:
    'The estimated delivery date given for this order December 8, 2010.

I appreciate the time you have taken to bring this to our attention.
    Unfortunately there can sometimes be unforeseen delays and as this parcel was
    not sent via a trackable method, I would in this case ask that you kindly wait
    until December 16, 2010 This is the maximum time that you will be asked to wait,
    and your parcel may still be delivered before this date.

Amazon.co.uk takes full responsibility should your order not arrive by the date
    above, please contact us again on the above date by using the link below and we
    will assist you further:......'

So hoping it'll arrive soon!
  • Booley
    Booley Posts: 887 Forumite
    Options
    Helix wrote: »
    There expedited delivery is a complete waste of time as I found out last week. They just send the items first class not tracked so its not worth paying the extra over the first class service. I was expecting them to at least send it Special delivery as I paid extra.

Thanks for the tip off. I would have gone for express delivery but it wasn't an option on the item I ordered. Oh well, fingers crossed it all gets here by Christmas and good luck to everyone who's waiting.

I see several suppliers have now stopped taking any pre Christmas orders for delivery in Scotland.

http://www.tntmagazine.com/tnt-today/archive/2010/12/13/bad-weather-stops-christmas-deliveries.aspx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure