NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    When does the deadline end today - is it midnight or 'close of business' and, if the latter, what time is 'close of business'
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    edited 14 April 2018 at 9:03AM
    Nick_C wrote: »
    Indeed.

Previously, on the NatWest Switching thread.

Lots of people have received their bonus.

Lots of people haven't received their bonus.

The deadline for paying the bonus is still twelve hours away.

What will happen next?

I'm so excited, I just wet myself.

*** warning - spoiler alert ****

More people will receive their bonuses. There will be some who haven't and there will be many pages of analysis why. There will be heated discussions about the exact meansings of 'get', 'by', 'bonus', 'incentive', 'switch' and 'account'. MChambers will receive another compensation payment.
  • Shashy
    Shashy Posts: 139 Forumite
    Well, both me and my wife have had the incentive.

The experience since then, in trying to actually get the money out, has been monumentally bad. £250 per day limits, security card activation page unavailable, and now both accounts blocked. Can't be unblocked online and I need to call.

By far the worst digital banking experience I've ever come across. Never again.
  • originator
    originator Posts: 317 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 April 2018 at 2:52PM
    I had absolutely no trouble getting my money out,didn't need the card reader and didn't have any 250 pound limit,all done in seconds by faster payment into my santander account.
    mortgage free 3/10/12:)
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,095 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I got my money Wednesday morning. Faster paymented it out yesterday.
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • Shashy wrote: »
    Well, both me and my wife have had the incentive.

The experience since then, in trying to actually get the money out, has been monumentally bad. £250 per day limits, security card activation page unavailable, and now both accounts blocked. Can't be unblocked online and I need to call.

By far the worst digital banking experience I've ever come across. Never again.

Probably too late to be of help to you now, but you could have moved the payments out by downloading and using the Nat West mobile app without the rigmarole of security card activation etc.
  • Missus_Hyde
    Missus_Hyde Posts: 531 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I'm thankful to NatWest for causing such an entertaining thread to be started (with the added bonus of a payout at the end of it!! :D )

I've thoroughly enjoyed it and some of the witticisms have really made me chuckle (but then I am a bit sad and really should get out more!! ;):p :rotfl:
    A cunning plan, Baldrick? Whatever it was, it's got to be better than pretending to be mad; after all, who'd notice another mad person around here?.......Edmund Blackadder.
  • S_uk
    S_uk Posts: 337 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Well I've yet to have the payment. When I rang them the guy said that if it isn't paid in by end of business today that I should ring tomorrow to see if they can 'chase it up'. Not very reassuring - why would anything need chasing up? I've kept to the to Ts + Cs to the letter, so why wouldn't they keep to the same conditions?
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    S_uk wrote: »
    I've kept to the to Ts + Cs to the letter, so why wouldn't they keep to the same conditions?

And what makes you think they won't? They have until midnight!

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• matrix999
    matrix999 Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    S_uk wrote: »
    Well I've yet to have the payment. When I rang them the guy said that if it isn't paid in by end of business today that I should ring tomorrow to see if they can 'chase it up'. Not very reassuring - why would anything need chasing up? I've kept to the to Ts + Cs to the letter, so why wouldn't they keep to the same conditions?

Complain tomorrow and get some extra dosh as compo
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport