Amazon Delivery Delay

Is anyone else experiencing delay's receiving items from amazon? I have been waiting over a week now for a parcel via super saver delivery and half a week for a parcel that was supposed to be coming via first class mail. Both seem to be still in Scotland but I live in the South West why should there be a delay?

Comments

• I've got the same problem as you. My parcel is still in Gourock, Inverclyde and hasn't moved for 5 days.
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    maybe due to the amount of snow in Scotland. there are huge backlogs with Royal Mail
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • Swan_2
    Swan_2 Posts: 7,060 Forumite
    jillie1974 wrote: »
    maybe due to the amount of snow in Scotland. there are huge backlogs with Royal Mail
    I've got the opposite problem to the OP's, ie waiting for goods to make their way to Scotland from down south

there's not a lot anyone can do given the atricious conditions we've had up here, but I guess it's easier for me to just sit back & wait it out, because I can actually see first hand the cause of the delays
  • jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    My Amazon delivery is in Bedfordshire. I'm in Scotland. It was dispatched on the 11th like they said it would, so no delays yet. The Royal Mail have made deliveries the past 2 Sunday's here.
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I live in the South West too and am still waiting for some Amazon parcels that were dispatched at the beginning of last week.
  • Swan_2
    I've had practically no delivieries for the past two weeks, I'm in Dundee

a book ordered from Amazon on Nov 25th arrived on Saturday & this morning two packages ordered at the beginning of the month (not from Amazon) were delivered

but I think some areas have been hit far worse than others, I was in Edinburgh the weekend the snow started, & was shocked when I got home to see how much worse it was here

tbh, given the way everything ground to a halt on account of the weather, I don't think the delays are exceptional
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I ordered something from Amazon on the 9th for next day delivery on the 10th - I needed it for the weekend. It was finally delivered today. :mad:

The snow had an impact last week but not now. It's often the couriers at this time of year. They are snowed under and can't cope. If you look at the Service Alert page on Sh!tty Link they come up with all sorts of excuses such as "Backlog of Fails". What this means is that the customer wasn't in or more likely they missed the original delivery date and the customer was no longer around so they've had to make up loads of redeliveries.

I emailed Amazon to ask why they didn't use RMSD as they normally do instead of Sh!tty Link and they dodged the question.
    The man without a signature.
  • We ordered on 6th, paid for delivery, 1st class to get it quicker,they tried to deliver yesterday, Sun 11th, refused delivery as we needed it for Sat 10th! Will now have to reclaim the money.
  • stef73
    stef73 Posts: 545
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Mines been in south west delivery centre for 1 week now im in Merseyside . I have had a email reply from Amazon today saying not to contact them again till after wednesday . The package is coming by Royal Mail .
  • Swan_2
    vikingaero wrote: »
    I ordered something from Amazon on the 9th for next day delivery on the 10th - I needed it for the weekend. It was finally delivered today. :mad:

I emailed Amazon to ask why they didn't use RMSD as they normally do instead of Sh!tty Link and they dodged the question.
    I'd have been mad as hell about that, they must have been well aware there was no way a standard carrier could fulfil the order in time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure