Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Is this a picture from The Lizard?

My friend posted it on facebook.
  • Morning all!

What a lovely weekend! On Saturday we went woodburner shopping. In one of the shops the chap offered to light any of the woodburners that we wanted to see working, it was already boiling in there so we declined :rotfl:. I would've cooked!! Then we went for a lovely stroll up on Dartmoor, it's so dry up there at the moment.

Yesterday we spent a lot of the morning bottling beer that we've been brewing, then digging the allotment in the afternoon. Now that was a sweaty job!
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    gocat wrote: »
    Tessa :D

tessa.jpg

Hello Tessa sorry you had name and sex change earlier :o
  • Nellie35
    Nellie35 Posts: 1,745
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Happy birthday gocat hope you have a lovely day and enjoy your presents :rotfl: :bdaycake:
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    tweets wrote: »
    Hello Tessa sorry you had name and sex change earlier :o
    :rotfl:
    Earlier when out walkies, some lady said to me whilst pointing at Tessa "is that millie" . I said it is Tessa. I know Millie and know they look alike. She thought I was being funny with her and insisted it was Millie lol . So Tessa has had 2 name changes today :rotfl:
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Good morning.

T have launched a 10p off per llitre fuel promo today - voucher with £60 spend.

If I recall T giftcards don't trigger the vouchers but other giftcards did in previous promos? Any other suggestions to hit the £60, which is a big ask for a potential £5-£10 saving, depending on the size of your tank.

Anon
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    gocat wrote: »
    Thank you tweets but Harley is not my dog :D

Thank you to everyone else for my birthday greetings :)

Still waiting for my presents of fence panels and car battery to arrive :rotfl:

Harley is my dog :rotfl::rotfl:
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Anon wrote: »
    Good morning.

T have launched a 10p off per llitre fuel promo today - voucher with £60 spend.

If I recall T giftcards don't trigger the vouchers but other giftcards did in previous promos? Any other suggestions to hit the £60, which is a big ask for a potential £5-£10 saving, depending on the size of your tank.

Anon

afternoon all, from hot London

just saw this on hukd

New gift card offer just gone live - online and instore

20% off selected gift cards including Pizza Express, Gap, Odeon and New Look

Note the specific denominations the discount is on

£20 Pizza Express gift card & digital ecode
    £25 Gap gift card
    £25 Odeon gift card
    £25 New Look gift card
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Morning all!

What a lovely weekend! On Saturday we went woodburner shopping. In one of the shops the chap offered to light any of the woodburners that we wanted to see working, it was already boiling in there so we declined :rotfl:. I would've cooked!! Then we went for a lovely stroll up on Dartmoor, it's so dry up there at the moment.

Yesterday we spent a lot of the morning bottling beer that we've been brewing, then digging the allotment in the afternoon. Now that was a sweaty job!
    We had a lovely weekend too DS and family visited and we spent lovely relaxed family time together. The DGDs are now 12 & 14 and there was no need to 'entertain' them all the time.

I was also happy that my expensive purchases:o over the last 6 months have paid off!

The new sofa bed in the lounge meant me and grumpy stayed in our room and didn't have to 'hump' beds around.

Having had our small front garden paved and buying new patio furniture meant we had an extra room outside, where we spent a happy Saturday with nibbles, 'pop' and wine.

I deliberately made things easy for myself - Chinese takeaway on Fri night, Sat am , the girls used up lots of RTC'd crumpets and pancakes and then I used up some of our stock of sausages and bacon. A meal out at our local Greek restaurant for Saturday night - no deals, but I thought that £99 for 5 starters, 6 mains, wine and soft drinks was quite reasonable, given we were so stuffed!

Sunday, of course, was a roast dinner!

The only down side to the weekend was that nobody ate a yoghurt! (I did get rid of the tomato sauce crisps though!)
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Happy birthday Gocat...
    Enjoy your presents!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income