NST May 2018: May the odds be ever in your favour!

Comments

• maitlah
    maitlah Posts: 11 Forumite
    Morning everyone :D
    I feel so great today, i think its the sunshine. Fingers crossed it continues through to Monday!

Money: Yesterday was an NSD so we're still on track. Today should also require no spending and the tall one has picked up some overtime so we'll be up a little bit too :)
    Me time: Spent a bit of time clearing my phone. Sounds like a chore but it makes me feel much more productive when i take some time to remove bogus apps, unsubscribe from junk email and generally streamline everything now and then.
    Move: Went for a 5km walk after tea (mostly to make up for the hot dog i had at lunch :whistle: )
    Activation: Same as yesterday, loans = no!
    Arm yourself: we've planned everything out and so should be able to keep out of the overdrafts and have already met our savings goal for the month so anything we have left will be a bonus at the end of the month.
    You. I am grateful for the meeting that was cancelled so i got a proper lunch break, for coffee, for the sunset yesterday on my walk (no filter needed, totally insta worthy ;) ), for the 7 bunnies i saw as well, and for a good nights sleep.

NSDs 2/19
    Check ins: 4/31

I hope everyone is doing well.
    indigowarrior - take care of yourself, don't feel guilty for it, and get out in that sunshine, even if it's just sitting by an open window for a bit. Big hugs.

Mx
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Indigowarrior ah I see, I hope you are doing ok today
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Went for a run in the woods last night and tripped over a tree root at quite a speed, according to DH it was quite a dramatic fall, I now have quite bad scrapes and grazes all over - I still ran home though.

Have been for a long walk today which involved a long steep hill and it was quite hot, took our own lunch but got ice creams for the kids and also some CS spending too.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Today I am grateful for the warmth, for some excellent chats with big sis, for getting a bag to the ch shop, for discovering a new-to-us coffee shop that we could take mum to, for coming home, for dh chipping in with the mowing/strimming, for both the front and back looking so much better, for another NSD.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    NSD: 3/19 Was a spend day today. Did food shopping, paying council tax and donations to charities.
    Motivation: To be more mindful regarding spending. This is going to be ongoing. Did quite well today.
    Money: The budget for each category is done.
    Me time: Read books at different parts of the day. Also did wordsearch and mindfulness colouring.
    Move: Only walking around doing my errands for the day.
    Activation: This thread at the moment.
    Arm yourself: Will have to stand strong in my quest against consumerism and acquiring more. Still doing this. Kept this under control today.
    Donation to charity: Done today to some charities.
    You.
    Grateful for:
    Lovely weather.
    Doing everything on my list to do today.
    Having a chilled out afternoon and evening.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Motivation: Didn't spend on a replacement hose head, which OH wanted to - I remembered we had a brand new one in the garage left behind by our old tenant. Small saving :) Also started tidying garage (mainly all the hoarded packaging for flebaying) and realised that I could use some of the many, many poly envelopes to line the food waste bin (I have run out of smaller carriers and didn't really want to buy small bin liners) as I tend to use boxes for most things nowadays :) Another small saving :T (Our council is fine with plastic bags being used)
    Money: Popped to Tesc0 again for ham & salad items for lunch and some things I'd forgotten last night. Scored some more YS items and also bought ice pops and choc ices for the freezer.
    Me time: look after yourself. We are off out tonight for a quick bit of R&R time to look at an exhibition an old friend of ours is holding of his photography. Also had a lie in, courtesy of OH
    Move: yep - lots of here and there in house and garden. 10k steps

Activation: What spurs you on? - garage tidying also brought forth a container of salt - another saving (only use it in bread/ roll/ pizza dough) Nothing yet for flebaying.

Arm yourself :The only non-food/ household (loo rolls & wood shavings (for gpigs)) items bought so far this month = 2 x small bday gift for sister and some colloidal plasters for a deep wound on my leg which is taking a long time to heal (so medicinal) Nothing acquired. Have also sold 1 item on fleabay and listed 2 other things.

You. Appreciate what you have. Be grateful.
    * OH mowed all lawns, treated them, strimmed bushes
    * smallest one played with bubble wand (50p last year) outside for ages
    * plenty of food etc in (although we did buy extras but we could have done without)
    * home baked bread
    * a lie in
    * beautiful weather
    * currently sat in dining room with French doors wide open - listening to the birdsong outside :)

19 NSD: 2/19.

Foodbank/ charity donation of £5. - monthly DD to WWT. Bag of items donated to shoebox appeal - added more toiletries to that today (small hotel type)

Pay to your debt/savings FIRST and live off the rest. - done

Plan the month: every single day: what you are doing, what you are eating, especially with the Bank Holidays and half term, birthdays, anniversaries. - to do (started - have written in work days, day when collecting DD from uni, DS3's, my mum's, my sister's, my aunt's and bestie's husband's bdays... Am not going to plan food, though).

Check in every day. here :hello:
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Puddleglum
    Puddleglum Posts: 851 Forumite
    NSD 4/19
    Spreadsheet has been rescued. Loads of adminy stuff completed.
    Grateful for good weather, well adjusted children (famous last words) and a bottle of cider. I'm all ready for doing a month's detox starting on Monday.
    "A thousand candles can be lit from a single candle without shortening the life of that candle."

I still am Puddleglum - phew!
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    Today was a spend day. A tiny bit of retail therapy after another bad night.
    My donation also done. £5 to a homeless man. He looked so greatful and thanked me several times.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Worked out how to link spreadsheets today so the figures I put in one appears in another. Small win in this tech age.
    Grateful for a cup of tea in bed this morning, beautiful weather and a willing child popping to the shops with me to help carry the bags home.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Evening everyone :hello:
    I had a planned spend day today - my weekly grocery shop clocked in at £38.18 which I'm quite pleased about. Other than that - spend free. :D :j
    Went out with bestie and our boys and spent a few hours soaking up the sun in a local park. Managed to persuade the boys to get ice cream from Mr S rather than the ice cream van :D. Plenty of fresh air and exercise, but also plenty of sunburn in spite of being covered in factor 30. I swear that I actually burn if I just look at the sun. It has been lovely to get out and about and has done a lot for my mood.
    Dolly - hope you're ok - sounds like a painful fall.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure