Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Sada mag - no mocs.

But there's a full page ad saying Mullers singles will be 12 for £3 from 2nd Jan to 25th.

And a selection of 4 recipes using baked beans...

Very considerate to the elite. ;):rotfl:

Ds3 cooked a leek a chunk of cauliflower both reduced, mixed in a tin of macaroni cheese topped with half a grated brown crust with some herbs and cheese then baked. It was lovely and cost about 20p.
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 31 December 2017 at 5:31PM
    This afternoon's shop

2x ASDA Butcher's Selection 8 Thick Cut Smoked Back Bacon Rashers (345g) £4.00 N/A
    2x Lurpak Slightly Salted Butter (250g) £4.00 £3.40
    1x ASDA Meaty Variety (6x25g) £0.85 £0.85
    1x Warburtons White Medium Sliced Bread (400g) £0.90 £0.80
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.13 £0.12
    0.26x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.19 £0.19
    1x Heinz Beef Ravioli in Tomato Sauce (400g) £1.07 £0.60
    3x Propercorn Sweet & Salty Popcorn (6x14g) £5.37 £3.00
    1x Heinz Cream of Chicken Soup (400g) £0.95 £0.60
    3x Heinz Beanz with Pork Sausages in a Tomato Sauce (415g) £3.21 £1.80
    3x Propercorn Lightly Sea Salted Popcorn Multipack (6x10g) £5.37 £3.00

apg 9.12
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Went to town regretted it. Busier than Christmas eve, Abersoch holiday makers all come down for new years apparently. Shelfs where empty staff iratated by rude people. But lad doing food reductions at half price said put what you want in trolley I will reduce it for you .would rather it go to a local. When I realised he was doing them at 20p and 30p I put quite a few ready meals, meats etc in xx
  • newbie1980
    newbie1980 Posts: 2,016 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Just tried this - still nothing but justice league came up.

Hubby bank card, no house number, his details, new gmail, number from free sim not used before.

I’m at a loss... :(

have you tried his bank card before as it may have picked it up as already being used
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    newbie1980 wrote: »
    have you tried his bank card before as it may have picked it up as already being used
    Before christmas I tried his card, it was same bank but different account. The one I tried today is from a joint account. Could that link it to me?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • rhosynbach wrote: »
    Went to town regretted it. Busier than Christmas eve, Abersoch holiday makers all come down for new years apparently. Shelfs where empty staff iratated by rude people. But lad doing food reductions at half price said put what you want in trolley I will reduce it for you .would rather it go to a local. When I realised he was doing them at 20p and 30p I put quite a few ready meals, meats etc in xx

I didn't do as well as that, but in a separate whoopsie shop I got some chunky lamb chops 50p each, large pack of beautiful braising steak 1.50, a pukka steak and ale pie for 40p and huge lemons were 4 in a bag for 5p, these were the single lemons which they had bagged in polybags in 4s.

Our A was heaving, a bit odd as it is open 8 hrs tomorrow, I might go back then as there was a lot of stuff in the cabinets dated 1st.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Good morning

Went out last night to check out the whoopsies, not as much as the night before but I now have my stuffing and pugs in blankets for next year:rotfl: got me thinking about streetlights and wondered how much her xmas dinner came in at :cool:

Not sure I'd be tempted to try those :eek:

:rotfl:
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    Hello pippo, sadly this is all to true.

It is amazingly scary how a simple photograph can become used to abuse or have terrible consequences for the child including having to move from a safe home.
    Yep, so sad but true, It all seems nonsense for the average parent at the school carol concert.
  • newbie1980
    newbie1980 Posts: 2,016 Forumite
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Before christmas I tried his card, it was same bank but different account. The one I tried today is from a joint account. Could that link it to me?

i have no idea but cant see how it can link but technology is strange at best of times.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 31 December 2017 at 6:33PM
    Has anyone managed to keep a chart or an excel of their everyday housekeeping spending for the whole of 2017?

I started doing this properly - mainly as a guide to giving me exact figures for if/when OH retires - and working out what is a manageable amount for us to live on
    I've managed an entire year :T - tomorrow will have a look at the figures to see if there are any areas that could be improved.

so far groceries are a prime candidate- our household increased by 50% in April but even so the average weekly spend just on food for humans (not cats, birds or foxes) (not added in this weekends spends yet) but its averaging out at £45 a week (sadly there are never any good yellow labels or RTCs locally)
    (multiply this by 52 - gobsmacking figure :) )
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure