IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Fine after 30seconds

Comments

• jrc123
    jrc123 Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    just to add - i did appeal as driver but did not appeal to the IPC as i they are the cowboy forum/group

I have ignoed all letters after
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Do you honestly think that these scammers would dare to take you to court, where they are likely to be given a bloody nose by a judge fed up with parking companies trying to screw the public for £100 for doing nothing.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • jrc123
    haha! very true.

So what should i do about this letter ignore it?! or reply back like Gan did in this forum:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=108556&st=0&p=1224254&#entry12 24254
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    jrc123 wrote: »
    haha! very true.

So what should i do about this letter ignore it?! or reply back like Gan did in this forum:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=108556&st=0&p=1224254&#entry12 24254

well as you can clearly see , its a LETTER BEFORE CLAIM , or LBC

therefore, you treat it as such and reply, using something like the GAN letter OR the ones CM gave in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread

you can expect an MCOL from Northampton in the post regardless in the next few weeks, so sometime in august
  • The_Deep
    Gan is the man, return the ball to their court. The more you make them work, the more it costs them.
  • jrc123
    thanks!
    do i just send the letter normally with proof of my postage? not signed for?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    correct, keep a copy and send with a free certificate of posting from the P O Counterstaff (not signed for , its a freebie apart from the "stamp")

then start swotting up on a defence for the inevitable court claim , bearing in mind everything said in this thread about bylaws , no authority , the IPC CoP , grace periods etc
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    https://m.imgur.com/a/bzGDQ

It looks like you've used pieces of toilet roll to redact the personal details on the G's letter. How appropriate.

Quality!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • jrc123
    Red X - all noted thanks again for the help as always!

Umkomass - well spotted :-).....thats where the letter really belong haha!!

will keep you all posted and send approval of my defense once i draw it up this week.

thanks
    J
  • The_Deep
    I hope that you are considering a claim for unreasonable behaviour costs. You will probably not get it, but it does no harm to ask.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure