I've quit everything. Now what ?

Options

Comments

• Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I second Ikea Pax wardrobes. They are customisable and you just pick up the bits you need off the shelves and take them away.

Obviously, they're flatpack, but as long as you read the instructions carefully, they're easy to put together. I've put a load of Ikea stuff together, including the kitchen units we bought (husband fitted them to the walls).

They come in different heights and depths too, so can hold a lot of stuff.

Take a look at the link above.
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    copperjar wrote: »
    Sorry AC, don't want to be on at you! You really are doing great and have come a long way. 6 months and it's clear to see on here that your wellbeing has improved and you are much happier. Want that to continue for you as long as possible so it's important to keep as many pennies in your pocket as you can. Like I say, maybe I go the other way and never tip, you're definitely kinder than me. Don't be more skint than me though!

Thanks copperjar :)
    I think that apart from the health, I'm not doing too bad .
    I was like a programmed parrot telling everyone I'll do this , that and the other within 6 months. . I'm still having a go albeit a bit behind schedule ;)
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Hi AC- it's your money to spend I know, and I know others posters have your best interests at heart. I also know how expensive furnishing a property can be, as I'm in the process of doing it myself. I just think get the very best you can afford and not something that'll 'do' until you can afford better as you end up buying stuff twice. Of course best doesn't necessarily mean priciest.

Sound like you've done okay so far.

Thanks worrier :)
    Hope you get sorted also.:)
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Gigervamp wrote: »
    I second Ikea Pax wardrobes. They are customisable and you just pick up the bits you need off the shelves and take them away.

Obviously, they're flatpack, but as long as you read the instructions carefully, they're easy to put together. I've put a load of Ikea stuff together, including the kitchen units we bought (husband fitted them to the walls).

They come in different heights and depths too, so can hold a lot of stuff.

Take a look at the link above.

Thanks for that gigervamp :)
    I will discuss this with my friend on sat.
    It's a shame neither of us drives and that IKEA is just a tad out of the way .
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for that gigervamp :)
    I will discuss this with my friend on sat.
    It's a shame neither of us drives and that IKEA is just a tad out of the way .

Southampton Ikea deliver AC - it may cost £50 but that'll could well be cheaper than what you could spend - funnily enough I'll be there tomorrow with youngest daughter - dreading it, hate the place but it has a purpose :)
  • another_casualty
    Options
    anna_1977 wrote: »
    Southampton Ikea deliver AC - it may cost £50 but that'll could well be cheaper than what you could spend - funnily enough I'll be there tomorrow with youngest daughter - dreading it, hate the place but it has a purpose :)

Thanks Anna :)
    Good luck with that. I'll be considering this over the weekend
  • TallGirl
    TallGirl Posts: 5,548 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I agree IKea is great and yes they deliver you can go and look at it all not that far from you and then order online I believe.

Don't rely on Payplan to settle your debts they will get a cut, works like a cash back from the creditors so you won't pay it. It does mean they have an interest in doing it for you but the creditors will get more if you offer yourself thereby you will get a better settlement rate. I speak from experience as I used to work for them.

Final comment don't tip everyone when you don't have to James didn't save you money on those carpets it was your MSE following that shouted at you for using CarpetRigth! Take care and get those debts settled
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Mar  £30,850 + £12K added to pension) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• another_casualty
    Options
    TallGirl wrote: »
    I agree IKea is great and yes they deliver you can go and look at it all not that far from you and then order online I believe.

Don't rely on Payplan to settle your debts they will get a cut, works like a cash back from the creditors so you won't pay it. It does mean they have an interest in doing it for you but the creditors will get more if you offer yourself thereby you will get a better settlement rate. I speak from experience as I used to work for them.

Final comment don't tip everyone when you don't have to James didn't save you money on those carpets it was your MSE following that shouted at you for using CarpetRigth! Take care and get those debts settled

Wow! Thanks for all the great insight tallgirl :)
    Once I've done painting today, I will send email to all creditors .
    I will take your tip :)
  • TallGirl
    TallGirl Posts: 5,548 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't think emails will work for something like this call or send letter even better if you had a settlement offer before remind them of this and make a counter offer. I know you don't like doing things by phone the creditors will have an amount they are willing to take so try and haggle. Don't contact all at once see how you go one by one and say x accepted this will you do the same. Get it off your books etc etc.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Mar  £30,850 + £12K added to pension) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    TallGirl wrote: »
    I don't think emails will work for something like this call or send letter even better if you had a settlement offer before remind them of this and make a counter offer. I know you don't like doing things by phone the creditors will have an amount they are willing to take so try and haggle. Don't contact all at once see how you go one by one and say x accepted this will you do the same. Get it off your books etc etc.

Agreed re simple email not being enough, however no reason why a letter constructed on Word or similar can't be emailed as an attachmen! Head the email as "Attached letter fao..." and department name.t
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure