Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Comments

• Hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday.

You were a bit on the ball today Twig. Can you put me 1dpo please.
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Morning all!
    1dpo for me too please Twigpig, got my positive OPK Mon night and ewcm yesterday so pretty sure i OVd yesterday (although temps are not agreeing :undecided:think:)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • twigpig
    twigpig Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Np cherry gale..... :)

I know Athens, I usually post later even though I often pop in earlier in the day. Packing later for an overnight business trip today, so thought I'd better get it done before the panic packing starts. :rotfl:

Hey kirtsypoos, will do... what are your temps saying? Maybe we can offer advice.....
    TTC #3..........
  • kirtsypoos
    My temps spiked 2 days this week (over 0.5 increase each time) one of those stayed high for 2 days and dropped again yesterday so I'm not sure if my sniffle had something to do with it but it's confused glow!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • twigpig
    You will often see a temp drop on the day of OV. You should see it rise the day afterwards and generally stay higher. You'll see it on my chart this month and 2 ago, the sept one...... you're right that being ill can mess with temping too. Do you try to take it at the same time each day? I found being more than an hour out meant I got really spiky temps. Means I set a 5.30 alarm at the weekends too :(. A right pain.......

Ideally don't sit up, or get up etc until you've taken your temp. Mentioned all of that just in case it's an easy fix. ;)
    TTC #3..........
  • kirtsypoos
    twigpig wrote: »
    You will often see a temp drop on the day of OV. You should see it rise the day afterwards and generally stay higher. You'll see it on my chart this month and 2 ago, the sept one...... you're right that being ill can mess with temping too. Do you try to take it at the same time each day? I found being more than an hour out meant I got really spiky temps. Means I set a 5.30 alarm at the weekends too :(. A right pain.......

Ideally don't sit up, or get up etc until you've taken your temp. Mentioned all of that just in case it's an easy fix. ;)

Thank you :)
    I have an alarm set for 6.30 everyday so I can take it at the same time. I took it 15 mins early one day as I woke up busting for a wee and knew I needed to do it before I got out of bed :rotfl: other than that, I try and keep it to the same time.

My only significant dip (0.4 or more) was on CD10, but had no ewcm and OPK was negative. Yesterdays drop was only 0.18 and I noticed last month I dipped 0.4 the day after my positive OPK..... I'm still learning so hopefully will see more of a pattern going forward :)
  • twigpig
    edited 15 February 2017 at 4:32PM
    perfect kirtsypoos. :D

My last chart shows temp fluctuating between a 0.6 margin. So quite a big swing up to OV day. I don't much worry about what the temp is. I really just look for the rise where OV should be....
    TTC #3..........
  • kirtsypoos
    Another temping question....sorry!

I woke up quite a bit earlier than normal today and dozed on and off for about an hour but didn't get out of bed - I took my temp at the normal time, but had been on and off awake for that time so will that impact my temps? I'm just wondering whether to disregard that one :think:
  • Orange_Candle
    Orange_Candle Posts: 58 Forumite
    edited 17 February 2017 at 6:44PM
    Kirtsypoos sorry I don't know anything about temping but I hope someone comes along soon who can answer your question! Interested to know the answer though because my sleep is very erratic and I am thinking about trying temping if we aren't successful soon.

Cherry I want to say I'm glad to hear your news about the negative test - I hope that's the right thing to say! I'm sure you know what I mean...I was relieved when I got mine and hope you are doing ok.

CD1 for me - finally. I have never been so pleased for AF to arrive - we literally have a bottle of Prosecco which has been in the fridge for 3 weeks to celebrate this day. And it's half term and hubby is off work tomorrow so we can definitely celebrate tonight! Fingers crossed my cycles are now going to go back to normal.
  • kirtsypoos
    Thanks Orange

Very happy for you that you can celebrate and then get on with the important TTC business. It must be strange to be waiting for a negative, so here's hoping for another BFP soon for you :)

ETA - I just re-read that and hope I don't sound too insensitive, I don't think it came out the way I meant it :o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure